BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Redd Volkaert: TeleTwang
Format: DVD|Change

on May 14, 2012
What can I say Redd's tele crys, laughs, weeps and jumps for joy. An unbelievable amount of tone and emotion out of one guitar. He recommends that you listen to jazz, blues, country and rock and you can hear all four in almost every song he plays on the DVD. There are some classic songs here, Redd and Cindy do an awesome job on Bob Wills - Twin Guitar Special; one of Redd's finest self-penned tunes Tube'n, is a case study in tele tone and has a dark lilting lap steel solo by Cindy that puts it over the top. Many other great songs on here also, really showcasing two great guitar players that work incredibly well together and seem to having a good time doing it. And there are some fun licks to learn also.
on March 16, 2011
I didn't even know who this guy was until he was mentioned in Brad Paisley's "Cluster Pluck" intro, but I figured I'd take the advice and learn something from him.

Well, the teaching part of the DVD is lacking. True, he shows us some licks but doesn't necessarily "teach" them to us.

However, there's more than an hour of interviews edited together with a great little concert that left my household full of new fans.

I'm off to start collecting Redd's cds now. Thanks Brad!
on December 16, 2014
Redd Volkaert- the MAN! The instructional aspects of this video are nice, but I bought it for the live performance featuring Redd and Cindy Cashdollar.
on June 4, 2014
Redd is one of the best guitarist you will ever hear. Very entertaining. Not just a guy who guitar freaks like. He literally can play
anything!!! The most impressive guitarist I have seen since Danny Gatton.
The 20 short lessons on this DVD are very good. Very helpful for the Intermeadiate to Advanced player.
on January 21, 2017
Anything with Redd playing on it is worth twice the price! :-) Great lessons and a great performance at the Continental Club in Austin.
on August 24, 2016
Great guitar playing
on July 24, 2014
I really appreciate Redd Volcart 's talent. DVD is excellent.!! Wonderful tele player.
on June 1, 2010
I have follwed Redd's career over the years. He is an amazing guitarist, and the instructional part of this video is valuable to anyone who wants to learn more about the instrument. The performance part is highly entertaining also, Cindy Cashdollar is fantastic!!
on March 13, 2016
Redd is easily one of the very best guitar pickers. In this video he shows a lot of useful stuff. I highly recommend it.
on May 26, 2009
I came at this tape from a steel players angle. The steel and lap playing by Cindy Cashdollar is awesome! She is my very favorite steel player! I also play a Tele so this was a deciding factor also in the purchase.

The entire set at the Continental is some of the finest playing I have ever heard. Redd Volkaert is a fabulous Tele player, and great singer, very entertaining!

Along with the Telecaster instructional part of the DVD this is kind of like the "Holy Grail" for Telecaster nuts, and Steel players!

I have spent numerous hours watching this DVD, learning something new each time from Cindy, or Redd. Redd Volkaert and Cindy Cashdollar at the very top of their game!