|Print List Price:||$15.95|
Save $10.96 (69%)
Redemption's Whisper Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I love the Canadian setting in Kathleen's books too.
When Trevor gets his dream job, he still wonders if he should take it. Something seems fishy about it, and he’s torn. He finds out his adoptive parents have left their farm to him and they need his help. He has also fallen for Hayley, and she wants to stay in Saskatoon. Another problem, everyone is trying to make him a Christian. Trevor is angry at God and can’t understand how Christians can allow bad things to happen to them, and yet still praise Him.
The ending was fairly predictable, but interesting all the same. Hard to put down, riveting from beginning to end.
I really liked passages like: "Wonder flitted through her mind, but pleasure overrode it. Hayley sat at the round oak table, sipped her coffee, and marveled at the stark beauty of Lydia’s garden outside the bay window. Nothing bloomed yet, of course, as temperatures still dropped well below freezing most nights. But the cedar gazebo and benches, metal fire pit, and bare but stately trees and shrubs created a still life picture which promised more loveliness to come.”
In the end, redemption was indeed whispered.
Anyone who enjoys romances, who has struggled with past abuse, or has questions about God’s love and why he lets bad things happen to good people would love this book.
The hero, Trevor is there to help and encourage her every step of the way … except he has his own dreams and plans to follow that don’t seem to include Hayley, as much as he would like them to. Torn as to which way to go, there is a great deal of tension woven in as to choices and consequences. And we have all been in that place. The addition of Pastor Dave and wife Lydia add just the right touch of prevailing wisdom without being the least bit preachy and the thread of God’s reclamation runs throughout.
Redemption indeed whispers (loudly) in this fine book. Well done, Ms. Friesen. A poignant, thought-provoking story sure to become a favorite.
DISCLAIMER: I was provided an advance copy by the author and was not required to write a positive review.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary