Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Redline
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on September 9, 2013
Watched this movie because my daughter's college was involved in the production. I expected a "student-quality" film, nothing more. Instead I found myself totally immersed in the film and found that the plot kept driving me toward fist-clenching worry. In the end, I felt it was a good movie that I'd enjoy watching again.

There are movies that will scare you more. There are movies that will have bigger, better special effects. But this is a movie that will pull you in and have you pulling for characters you care about.

A few comments referencing other reviews:
- I don't think I'd let an 8-year old watch this movie. There was a bit too much blood in in, and a 10-year old faced with some tough stuff.
- I, too, wished for a better explanation for the bombing. While the explanation is given, it didn't make complete sense. Then again, I thought, if someone is insane enough to commit insane violence, would I expect that person to make sense? Timothy McVeigh never did. John Lennon's killer didn't either.
- I agree that this movie had some lessons to teach, and I thought those lessons were presented well. It's good to see a lead character with some moral fortitude. It's also good to see people fail morally, realize they've done so, and resolve to be better in the future.

In other words, don't expect a blockbuster, but expect to enjoy this film.
on July 13, 2013
My family was on the edge of our seats during the entire film! This movie was very clever and appropriate for families; I hesitated to let my 8 year old daughter watch the movie but there wasn't anything in this movie that was inappropriate for her which is rare these days in movies. This movie doesn't have the extra special effects, etc. but who cares finally a great movie, with a great story! I decided to write this review when we watched the ending and saw the commentary which showed this movie was made by college students as a project which was even more impressive!!!
"Red line" was a fair movie. Not great but watchable.

Special effects were okay. Acting was above par across the board. The lead actress was young and beautiful besides being a good actress. The villain was dastardly. The other actors did a good job. The movie ended up being as much a character study as an action film, with a strong look at stereotyping.

My negatives: There never was an explanation of the bombing. It would have helped to know "why."

Also, there is no subtitling on this film. I am partially deaf and really need English subtitles and this movie was hard to understand in spots.
on August 3, 2013
The film opens up with a quick 5 second look at a group of passengers on a subway. It evolves to a 10 second look, then the explosion. A group of injured, dead, and non-injured people are trapped. They find a second bomb device with a timer and deduce one of them is the bomber.

The film is partially about stereotypes, although I didn't feel it. With the lack of action, the film should have been about character, but these were people we didn't know much about to begin with. I will say that the acting was fairly decent. The plot and directing etc. was okay except there wasn't any theme to the film, no hook to grab me. A good film, but not exciting.

Parental Guide: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity.
on January 19, 2014
A bomb goes off in an LA subway, and the survivors try to keep it together, care for the injured, and find a way out, all the while wondering who--if any--amongst them is the terrorist.

For a very low budget film that some college students and faculty made as a project--something I didn't realize until after I'd seen it--REDLINE is quite good. All the same, the acting by just about everyone is dry-tepid, and most of the lines sound read rather than said. Plot-wise, it pretty much follows the formula, with the sort of twists that are meant to be surprising but are well-trodden to the point of being quite predictable. Who/who doesn't survive is another predictable factor.

The notes at the beginning of the film cite some statistics about domestic terrorism that seem to promise the film will have a broader scope than it actually does. Partly by necessity, I suppose, the view is quite limited and claustrophobic. Some brief shots of the outside world--rescue efforts, news flashes, etc--during the course of the film would have been a big plus, but I can see how they didn't have the resources for that. More solid clues as to the motivations of the culprit would also have helped.

Oh, well. REDLINE is a decent thriller if you like this sort of thing and aren't too demanding.
on August 19, 2013
This movie is about a motionless subway car where a dozen people are trapped in after an explosion. Maybe the bomber is among them ? Very weak ploy. Maybe the bad guy is the young dude who looks arabic? wait, maybe its the islamic black woman, or maybe its the white male in his 50s, or the spanish speaking unemployed nurse, or the family vacationing, etc...etc... Quite boring story. Then, there is another bomb in the train ready to explode, and we never really understand why the bomber wants to kill everybody. A poor movie.
on August 24, 2013
I have watched this film twice. I enjoyed this more watching it a second time. The acting was believable, especially the young child who was the daughter of the main couple in the picture. I think the actress,s name is Renee Sly.
on July 15, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised to see a movie that had a strong ensemble cast and not beat the viewers over the head with special effects. My family enjoyed the film and I would recommend it.
on July 31, 2013
WOW! I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this film. The action is thrilling and the suspense grabs you until the exciting end.
on July 11, 2013
Red Line was a great movie. Very entertaining! I would recommend this movie to others! Each character has an interesting story to tell.