Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on November 30, 2011
I hardly write reviews, but I when I do, it's because I REALLY-LIKED the product so much, that I can't seem to see a flaw in specs, features,function; performance, durability, design. With this being said, I'd like to start by saying before I purchased the all black Reebok Classic Nylon Speakers in which I just bought from Amazon, sold by Amazon seller, ShopWSS, I've owned the same sneakers, but in navy/white color. After using it for 2 years, it's still in new-like condition. I'll break down the Reebok Classic Nylon Sneakers into two, multi-categories:

Specs + features = Function:

-Nylon and Suede (all around/along the shoe) I'd say about 50% Nylon and 50% Suede
-Rubber sole with a rugged pattern The rugged pattern really helps with shock absorption and adds stability
-EVA midsole This makes the shoe flexible, have great disposition as a cushioning material (similar to Adidas Bounce...but without the ugly little ovals or bouncers)
-High-abrasion rubber outsole Although thin, it really helps reduce walking/running impact
Pretty simple specs for these shoes right? Right! They're simple, yet with its simple technology, the Classic Nylon out-performs many shoes in its class.

Durability + Performance = Design:

I've owned my first pair (1 out of 2) Classic Nylons, and I'm still using the first pair that I bought 2 years ago till this day. These are "technically" running shoes, but heck, I used them as regular, everyday shoes. Although the Classic Nylons are flexible, they are really durable. Think about 2 years worth of steps, runs, high-abrasion use and impact, my weight, and abuse that I put into these shoes. I work out with them by running up and down stairs and football stadium bleachers...and I'm surprised the Classic Nylons haven't worn down on me, yet. All shoes wear down, but for some reason, the Classic Nylons are really built to last. I'd give it another 5 years or so before it really is unusable. The first pair I bought had a white midsole/outsole, which stained and has scuff marks (the reason why I don't like to wear all white shoes)...but that can be removed by cleaning (which I haven't due to time). The reason why I bought another pair of the Classic Nylons, was because it's so darn comfortable. I'll get into the details in the next section. I was walking at the mall (during Black Friday) and saw the Classic Nylons in all black. WOW! I couldn't take my hands and eyes off it. I didn't even know they made all black Classic Nylons. I would of bought it then and there, but they didn't have my size. I was close to buying it, even though it was a size over, but I realized that I couldn't pull it off...so I just decided to get it off Amazon, which ended up being cheaper :) Anyways, one of many reasons why I got the all black ones was because its not prone to staining, unlike my first navy/white Classic Nylons that has as white midsole/outsole. The other reasons why I decided to buy another pair of Classic Nylons will be answered in the last section of my review. Moving from durability, I'll talk about performance. The Classic Nylon does not disappoint. All of the features that it carries by its specs, it performance. The rubber sole has rugged "dot-like" patterns, which absorbs a lot of shock and adds stability when you walk or run. You really can feel all parts of the shoe working together to provide you the comfort and performance you need. The Nylon part of the shoe provides the shoe to breath (not literally). Unlike most shoe in the Classic Nylon's class, other shoes would have the toe box part of the shoe made with mesh. Mesh may add more breath-ability, but it's prone to have rain or water get into your toes and inside your shoes (which I hate, especially with its raining or I'm walking on a slightly-flooded street.) However, since the Classic Nylon's toe box part of the shoe is made with Nylon, I don't have to worry too much of the shoe getting wet and my toes being soaked with water. So, you get the performance of a "mid-level" running shoe by interior performance with a casual and nice-looking exterior (which is hard to find, at least with my pickiness) With this being said, durability + performance = design. What I love the most about the Classic Nylons is its design. It has that retro look, but also looks like a simple running shoe, on top of a casual and everyday shoe. I got the all black Classic Nylons because it's all black, which prevents it from staining, but I also got it because it just looks so "damn" clean, fresh, simple, and Classic, hence the name. I like how there's not too much going on with this shoe, exteriorly (not too much edges, lines, letters, lumps, logos, etc) or interiorly (no fancy technical technology or over the top technology). I recently took pictures of the all black Classic Nylons and it shows how it looks like from the side while someone is wearing it. If I have time, I'll take pictures of my older Classic Nylons to show you how durable and how "like-new" condition it looks like.

Pros:
-Everything that I mentioned about the shoe thus far.
-Very affordable and well-priced (I got mine from ShopWSS for $32.88.) It actually retails for $49.98, which I think Reebok under-priced it.

Cons:
-Nothing (which came to a surprise, because I'm very picky when it comes to certain things, shoes being one of them.)

Who IT'S for:

Someone that want's comfort from a running shoe, but wants the looks of casual everyday shoe with it's simplicity, cleanliness, and class-ness (the all-black version is even cleaner and looks so darn "bad-ass" (a lack for a better term).

Who it's NOT for:

If you're a big fan of a bunch of interior specs, features, details, and design that's all over the place, this shoe isn't for you.

Hope my review helps. You can also view pictures of the And If you get the chance, please like or rate my review. Thanks!
on August 12, 2014
This model shoe is why I have worn them for years. They are precisely the most comfortable, most reliable fit of all, even other models of Reebok's. This new pair felt so great to put on. They offer the support and width that my foot needs, a slightly narrower feel even though they are the med (D). I was a C width years ago and it is as though this shoe has kept up with the sight increase of that width change, as well as the one size increase in length, in keeping with the changes due to getting older. Hope they are always available when it is time to reorder that model, 952321. Thank you 5 Star all the way!
on March 10, 2014
I like this shoe and have owned several pair in the past. The are very comfortable and because they are nylon and not leather, my feet can breath. The only reason I did not give them a fifth star is because they are not very attractive. I ordered a half size larger than I wear because they tend to run small.
on September 2, 2011
As far as I know, Reebook Classic Nylon is the only running shoe with these qualities: They are as comfortable as slippers, the nylon breathes and keeps my feet really dry, the cushy soles enable me to walk and/or stand for hours, and the solid black color enables me to substitute them for my dress shoes on most work days.

The solid black color really separates them from the competition.

I will buy these for as long as Reebook continues to make them.
on August 30, 2015
I forgot how much I used to love these shoes! Ordered these in a sz11, great fit and comfort plus the all black looks good. I wear alot of grays and black clothes and these shoes compliment anything I wear. I can walk in them all day with no foot odor when I remove them, and get alot of compliments about my shoes.
on August 5, 2016
This is the only shoe that my husband wears. Whenever he finds them at a good price he buys a couple of pairs at a time. He has worn this style for probably 15 or more years. He really likes the way that they fit and wear.
on April 29, 2014
I wish Reebok would really get to be more modern/trendy with the youth today. We actually own a Clothing line, and these Reeboks we ordered (Classics, both black and white pairs) really match everything and look great! Much more comfortable than was expected, and really quick delivery!!!

Cant go wrong, at this price you have to make it happen!!! Good job Amazon for these right here!!!
on October 4, 2013
Great shoes. Very good looking. Probably the most handsome sneakers I've ever owned.

Note to those who like to install different insoles. It seems at first like
these insoles are not removable. But I had no problems, just use a little force, they
are slightly glued down, but still remove cleanly. I however found that the
included insoles are more comfortable than my gel insoles, who would figure?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2014
I bought this shoes to my husband who has been wore the reebok classics nylon for several years. He is extremely happy with this specific purchase because the previous ones (blue, black, etc.) were a little stiff, but the black/black/carbon were flexible and comfortable since the first moment he put them on. Also, they are true size. Quality seems to be good.
on January 26, 2013
I chosen Reebok shoes for many years. I am on the narrow side of medium width and have found that Reebok sizes (especially their Classic Nylon Sneakers) perfect for me. However, when I tried their recent version of this model, I found to be way too small. It isn't a standard US 12 medium and not even the slightly narrower width that the previous classic sneakers had. Could it be a problem with metric to English conversions? Regardless, Reebok needs to standardize their sizing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.