Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 8, 2014
About a decade ago, fed up with modern sneaker styles that were not only horrible to my aesthetic sensibilities, but also absurdly expensive, I was at a loss about what to do. I kept buying Sketchers or New Balance sneakers but every trip to the shoe store was like a scavenger hunt, trying to find a model that didn't look horrible to me.

Then, on a visit to sports retailer Academy, I ran into these. Since I'd had them when I was a kid and they were about $25 I decided to buy a pair. It was love at first walk. They are comfortable, breathe pretty well and you can even stick them on the washing machine when they get too grungy. Since they're mostly made out of nylon, they dry pretty quick. I've owned the black/white, black/black and grey/white models and all are great.

When they wore out I bought a new pair and kept doing it through the years. Eventually the price went up to $29 and then, to my dismay, I could no longer find them at Academy. I asked the dude working there and he said they were discontinued.

Don't know if that's true, but I found them on Amazon and I've been buying them ever since. Often several pairs at a time to have a couple of pairs on stand-by in case they do stop making them. The price has slowly climbed from $29 to $35 and now to around $40, so it's no longer a steal, though compared with most $100+ shoes, still a bargain.
on April 24, 2012
These shoes are a bit snug-fitting, but that's usually to be expected with new ones. The color was composed of more of light-greenish shades of grey than the picture indicates. The quality seems to be very good, but that along with the corresponding fit will be indicated more clearly with the ensuing break-in. They are a cool-looking, albeit maybe a bit retro type of design; that was actually what attracted me. They look nice: not overly flashy, but not too subdued, either. I look forward to long life, like Reeboks and New Balances I have used in the past. These Reeboks do seem to be a bit tighter than similarly-sized New Balances, which are usually too roomy. The sock liner/inner sole is not removable, and the soles of these shoes are stiff (board-lasted), unlike Nikes and New Balances I have had (better for casual use than running or a lot of walking). The shoe laces are very nice: they are adequately long enough and have a little bit of elasticity; they have a reassuring grip or "cinch" when you tie the bow. Overall, I expect to get long and good use out of these shoes. By the way, I wear these types of shoes everyday and everywhere, including for walking and exercise sessions.
11 comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 27, 2015
The Reebok Classic is...well, Classic. I've been wearing them for years, both for everyday use and occasional running, and they have never let me down. In my experience their durability is as good as can be expected in a sneaker-- they are not, after all, USGI army boots-- and the fit is predictably comfortable. As for the style, this is of course a matter of taste. As a Baby Boomer I love the fact that these look like the running shoes of my youth, as opposed to the sculpted swoopy techno dayglo bizarro shoes one sees today. Okay, that was judgmental, but this is an opinion piece, right? Hipsters may love the Converse All-Stars that we also wore back in The Day, but let them try these on. One day in these retro runners and they'll quickly know why, back in the 70s, we all ditched our Chucks for running shoes!
on August 10, 2017
Really good shoes. I walk to school and from school everyday. It's about 2.1 miles. These have lasted about 10months. The front half of the tread has gone completely smooth lol. And the wall at the ankle has worn out. But these shoes are just as comfortable as the day I put them on. I may get another pair actually.
on April 24, 2015
I have been wearing this model of Reebok since the 1980s. The model number has changed a couple of times but I've always been able to track it across the model range and find the right shoe again. A couple of times there were even notations pointing out that this one used to be called that one, etc.

Some people are complaining that the quality has gone down since the manufacturing base for the shoe has changed; I haven't detected any change in quality and since I have literally been wearing this model of shoe for DECADES - not exagerrating at all, I first bought these in 1985 - I think those complainants are railing against foreign manufacturing rather than the shoe's actual quality. Get over yourselves, people. If you want domestically made shoes, they're out there. Go buy those instead.
on February 10, 2018
Ordered the navy on white and gray with blue pair.
The shoe is a classic and will never be cool or uncool.
It’s just a really comfortable sneaker to destroy daily.
The older the shoe gets the more authentic it looks. My only complaint is, the maker needs to insert or provide holes in the nylon to help the shoe breathe. My feet get really hot hot hot and socks get really really stinky easily. There is zero breath ability. It’s zero. I’d give the shoe 5 stars but Reebok needs the nylon to breathe because the shoe gets HOT as a MF.
on October 3, 2016
The most comfortable shoe ever. I'm glad I found them for cheap on amazon. I still wear them to this day and I've had them for over 3 years now. They're definitely one of those shoes that you'd wear until they're falling apart. Sometimes it's hard for me to shoe shop because (1) I sometimes fit in a size 12 and other times in a size 13 and (2) I have wide flat feet, so these shoes fit both of those criterias and felt great once broken in. If I could, I'd wear a new pair everyday. If you don't have a pair and you're reading this review, then you need to order you a pair.
on December 8, 2014
I've bought these for my husband 3 times now. He loves these shoes. He works in a plant, on his feet all day every day, so having a comfortable shoe that can withstand high level wear is essential. He always has a pair that he wears to work, and a pair that he wears out and about. My husband is in his early 30s so for him, this shoe is a nice "throw-back" classic shoe that he often gets complements on.

Since wearing these shoes to work, he experiences less foot pain. Working on a concrete floor all day is still very rough on the feet and back so we will eventually get him some orthopedic inserts. But until then, these shoes are great for him.
on February 27, 2016
I've been wearing Reebok Classic sneakers for ~10 years now. When one pair wears out, I replace with another of the same. They fit me well for casual use. I wouldn't go hiking or play sports in them, but I can walk in them for several miles and feel fine. They have a classic look, and their price continues to hold steady at ~$40. I am very pleased with Reebok for continuing to make this classic sneaker with little to no changes. My last pair wore out surprisingly quickly in the heel interior, but that's been my only real complaint I've had with any pair of these shoes.

If you're particular, be aware that there are multiple slightly different "Reebok Classic" sneakers. For my purposes, they're all about the same.
on March 19, 2018
So far, one weeks occasional wearing, I like them a lot. They offer good support which we all need and are comfortable. The best thing about them is their very light weight. They Are so light it is like adding a pair of heavy socks. My experience with other Reebok shoes indicates that they will wear well too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.