Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on November 8, 2015
These are light weight shoes. Great for water obstacles because the water is quickly pumped out when you get back on the trail. They run a bit long in size. For example, I'm between an 11.5 and 12, so I got the 12, but I should have got an 11.5. There isn't much padding inside, so my foot slips around a bit, not terribly, but got a minor blister from it after a 9.5mi Spartan race. With the soles having knobby sides and toes, I was hoping this shoe would be good for rope climbing, but it fails when gripping against the slippery top and upper-sides of the shoe (good for water repellent like on a wet trail or field). The most disappointing part of this shoe is that, when wet, it is is TERRIBLE for the wall scaling obstacle (the 2x4s nailed to a plywood wall) because side-bottom of shoe hasn't any shelf (side-bottom of soles are rounded at the edges). If I could make this shoe perfect... The outside sole-edge around the big toe and pinky would be a square shelf slightly protruding outward to jam better into the 90 degree area between the scaling wall 2x4 & plywood wall... The sole of the shoe would use a plastic that had more grip when wet... The top/upper sides of the shoe would also be of a rougher material for more rope grip (but this is least important, since I don't need my leg/feet for rope climbing).
on November 10, 2014
After reading the other reviews, I went ahead an ordered a 1/2 size smaller than normal. This was a good decision, as the shoe fit well. Overall the shoe is narrow at the arch, but the heel and toe box were comfortable.

I did a short training run before using these shoes in a Spartan Beast about a week after delivery. These shoes did great! I felt very sure-footed in them the entire time, with the exception of the Traverse Wall. I also cannot attest to the rope climbing abilities, as I didn't make it that far up (my fault, not the shoes). With that being said, while other people were slipping and sliding up and down hills, I had great traction. It didn't matter if it was dusty or muddy, the shoe just gripped it. These shoes are very light and drain water well.

Update:
The first race I ran, I had several issues with the shoes letting in mud and debris. I just ran the Spartan Super #2 in Austin over the weekend. It was a very muddy course (lots of rain in the days prior). I also recently learned a new way to tie the shoes called a "lace lock" or a "heel lock" (the video is on youtube). This one simple change made a huge difference in how tight the shoe fit and how little debris was allowed in.

So, if you are running an OCR you should wear socks that come up to at least the bottom of your calf muscle. Secondly, if you wear these shoes, which I still like (look like new after 2 races), then learn the lace/heel lock. Lastly, these shoes have practically zero shock absorbtion....they say and mean that that are a minimalist trail shoe. I would recommend getting some insoles, which I will try in my next race.

Several reviews listed issues with debris getting into the shoe. Since this was my first race, I didn't know what to expect. However, now I believe the only thing that will keep debris out of a shoe in this race is if you wear military style jungle boots. You will be up to at least your knees in mud at more than one point in the race, so something is going to get in. I would recommend tall, tight socks to keep the mud/rocks off your skin. With low socks, as I learned, it gets in everywhere.

After race day, a quick wash with a nylon brush and the shoes look new. Great shoe for this style of running. I can't wait to use them again.
on January 25, 2015
Ok shoes for me. Sort of a plus- minus. Asics have always fit me better, but I bought these for a Spartan race via eBay. The shoes are a bit narrow,and the fabric over the top of the foot pinched a bit walking around as the fabric is a little more plasticized than true fabric, but didn't give me any problems with discomfort of blisters during a 9 mile Super run with no break in. The only issue I had is they did seem to let a lot of sand in and I had a few small pebbles that made me stop twice to untie and shake them out. They do drain fast, which means they give you less sensation of drag and weight than standard shoes that feel heavy getting out of a water hazard and running up hills. I found grip on terrain and obstacles ( including rope climb) to be little better than regular trail shoes I typically wear. That being said, I forgot my regular shoes before a Beast last week and ran in a $15 pain of Walmart starter shoes without a whole lot of issues so maybe all shoes are not as helpful as I think. The price was definitely right and I think they will hold up pretty well. I may change my rating if I don't have to stop and let rocks out on the next races. However I think I will stick with ASIC trial shoes as I think they give me more ability to run on non dirt surfaces. My previous trail shoes last 4-6 months and 3 OCRs ( depending on training and race length)
on May 16, 2017
This is a product that is great the make and the ship in the workmanship of the product you can see they did a great job in making the shoe comfortability is excellent and looks great. I would recommend to others
on May 6, 2014
I was trying to put my hands on this shoes since they came out but couldn't find them anywhere. Even on Reebok's website. ANYWAY, AMAZON had them and I took my chances and order them without trying them on first. Well, the product didn't disappointed me at all.

My friend bought the Inov-8 X-Talon™ 212 Trail Running Shoe so I was able to compare the Reebok's with them. Reebok seem to be a bit lighter, and the water drainage is a lot better. The material of the Reebok seem to be cheap and easy to rip but once I got them in the mud a water, the material DID AN AMAZING JOB. Even with water in them, the shoe stayed supper light. The traction was superb; I didn't slip at all.

Over all, this is a great shoe for mud runners. It will save you from a lot of pain. And it will give you a faster time without forcing yourself more.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO PARTICIPATE IN A MUD RUN, get this Reebok's or the Inov-8 X-Talon™ 212 Trail Running Shoe. They both are very good shoes. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

This are the words of a TOUGH MUDDER LEGIONNAIRE. 6+ TOUGH MUDDERS under my belt ;-)
on April 14, 2014
Overall Impression:
Overall, I feel these are good shoes. I have ran approximately 30 miles in them (a few trail/field runs and the Las Vegas Super Spartan). They are very light, and they are very similar to a minimalist trail shoe. You would not want to run on the road/concrete with them because the lugs are too aggressive and there is not enough padding to help with concrete impact. Because of the minimalist drop (5mm), breaking in is necessary if you are coming from a comfier, more padded shoe such as the Reebok Wild Extreme or Salomon Speedcross. Also, the heal does ride up high onto the Achilies Tendon, so break-in is necessary there as well. They do soften up, and your heal will toughen up, but I do recommend a good trail running sock such as the Injinji Trail or Thorlo trail socks.

Obstacle Course Running:
In Vegas, they did very well. The course was full of gravel, and everyone I saw was dumping shoes. I had to as well, but I was not surprised. What did please me was how my feet dried instantly. I have several more spartan races ahead of me this season, and many of them are much wetter than the Vegas. Last year, in the Reebok Wild Extreme shoes, my feet were destroyed because they stayed wet and were just rubbed raw. These will certainly avoid that issue. Also, many people say they fit a bit large, but I found the slightly longer toe box a benefit because I did not mash my toes into any of the walls as I have done in the past. They may seem long, but my foot did not slip at all, I am wondering if that isn't intentional to protect the toes. If it isn't, I was still glad for it and will not go down a half-size in the future. Cleaning them was easy, and made things very worth while. Also, after inspection, I did not notice any wear and tear, but the thin mesh material does have me weary.

General Trail Running -
I have not done anything technical in them yet. For general running, I have found them comfortable after the break-in period. They are certainly light and nimble. When I ran hills (grass and field) they dug-in and did not slip. Running downhill was also good because the insoles did not slip at all. I will take them on a more technical run in Northern Colorado before my Colorado Sprint to test them on rocks and more rugged terrain. So far, I see no reason they should not do great under those conditions.

Future Hopes -
I love the quick laces on the Salomon shoes, and I would love to see that feature on these. The tongue needs to be held in place; it currently slips a bit too much. The drainage holes need a mesh guard to keep silt/sand from flowing into the shoe. Also, I am interested to know how long the mesh body will last. It is possible that it is some space-aged material that will hold up, but I am not holding my breath. If they do shred, then they will be great "game day" shoes for race running. If they hold up, then I think I have found my new favorite trail running shoe.
on June 18, 2017
Fits great looks like they'll work good for the tough mudder. Only issue I personally have is, my feet are wide and the shoes aren't accommodating for that. The tongue isn't wide enough too cover the top of my foot fully so as I step I have a void that exposes my socks. But that's the life of people with wide feet. Apparently shoe companies think only people with narrow feet run.
on August 2, 2017
Great trail shoe. They are super light and drain immediately. These grab gravel and mud like a bear claw. Stable platform helps with pointy rocks and terrain variations. These are not for smooth wet surfaces. If you run on pavement, stone or brick walkways, or any other slick kind of surface these are not good for that. But if you are into dirty, muddy, fine gravel, creek trudging, tough muddering, spartan racing and the like then this shoe will work for you as it has for me.
on May 7, 2014
The toe box was a little long and the shoe was slightly narrow, but after breaking them in they performed great. Thick mud required some scraping and such to remove, at times, during our Tough Mudder. The water seemed to drain easily as well, but some mesh would've been nice to catch small rocks and such from getting in the shoe (only bad enough to stop once to take the shoes off and empty the small rocks out in an 11-mile TM). Otherwise the shoe performed great. Everest and the muddy parts/hills were easy and we passed several dozens of struggling racers in those conditions. I attribute a decent portion of my success in my first Tough Mudder to these shoes. And they've cleaned up great and look brand new. In fact, I am returning a pair of Salomon Speedcross 3's that I ordered in case I didn't like the Reeboks.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2017
These were a gift for a friend that does the ruhged races. He loves these shoes!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.