Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on March 27, 2014
I ordered, received, and returned this shoe. I'm not sure what Reebok is thinking. These poorly sized shoe made of inferior material should NOT be marketed as Reebok Princess. Simply stated,, they are falsely advertised. I ordered a 6Wide. The heel of the shoe is very wide, but the toe box (which is the important part of the shoe for me) is narrow, about the same as a 6B. The "leather" which is some synthetic form does not give or stretch - like trying to do anything athletic in a street shoe.

I have used these shoes to play tennis for many years. Yes, I know they aren't heavy duty tennis shoes, but comfort was more important and I simply absorbed the cost of about 5 pairs a year. I always bought all the size 6 (and more recently 6W) the store had in stock, often walking out with 6 pairs. Back then the quality wasn't always consistent, but I was able to avoid poorly made Princess shoes by being careful about the country in which they were made. For the last couple of years, all of the Princess shoes seem to have been made in Viet Nam. And, every pair is the same poor quality. Stop making them in Viet Nam or send someone over there who knows how they should be made to oversee the product.

Reebok, please go back to your original design and quality control for these shoes. If you are trying to kill this line of your shoes, please let it die gracefully, not causing pain and frustration for many loyal buyers.
on March 6, 2014
I've been wearing Reebok Princess for at least 20 years. They always fit and feel the same and look good with clothes, not clunky like other athletic shoes. However, these are NOT the Reeboks I've loved for 20 years. Even without a sock, I could hardly get my foot in the shoe. It was long enough but the toe area had no depth. They are not leather anymore and are just not the same shoe. I'm extremely disappointed because no one else makes a shoe that looks like this. I don't know why Reebok has chosen to make such a lousy product after years of it being a classic.
on August 9, 2014
As with so many others who have written reviews here, this has been my favorite shoe for many many years. Unfortunately Reebok has really dropped the ball. The white version is now so tight in the toe box that I can no longer wear it, and I have narrow feet. The black is sized a bit better but has serious durability issues. The toe delaminates within the first month of wearing. So far super glue is keeping the shoes usable. The soles are wearing at least three times faster than in the older models. And of course the replacement of the old leather construction with man-made materials is a disaster. A shoe which used to always stay cool and comfortable is now a stinky sweat box.

On the plus side, this style still provides a reasonable degree of comfort, at least in the black model, though NOT in the white, and gives my foot excellent lateral support. Easy Spirit makes a similar style in leather, but the lateral support for walking is poor, the fit just too sloppy for my active lifestyle.

So far I cannot find a suitable substitute. If only Reebok would reintroduce the original leather Princess, I would be happy to pay more for what was such a well designed and constructed product. Alas, they have declared that will not happen. Reebok - get a clue. You are destroying your reputation.
on November 19, 2012
I've just been so badly embarrassed. I gave these shoes to my sister for her Birthday. She told me she is sorry, she cannot wear PLASTIC = MANMADE synthetic shoes. I had NO reason to look at the tag. I 've always purchased these in the garment leather which is STILL in the description on the page. Take a look! I've saved incase they change it NOW that I've complained.
I'm so upset with good reason.
Go find a good pair of LEATHER shoes and you can find SYNTHETIC shoes for MUCH less than this price.
Don't buy this unless you don't care that the shoe is not leather.
Thank You.

I see the page at least now says SYNTHETIC I have a pdf of the original webpage that said soft garment leather from 2 pair that I purchased and have to return them. The first was for a gift as I said above, and the second was for myself. One pair is a horror to try on and I see some mentioning where they were made. i have not checked that. This was honestly the only shoe I could wear, the only one since RA struck me a few years ago. I don't know what I am going to wear now. Terribly upset with the page previously stating made of leather and receiving plastic, synthetic = PU shoes.
Never again.
on April 22, 2013
As several others have written, this has been my go-to athletic shoe for years. They have always been dependably comfortable, and I especially like this style because it is lightweight. When I searched Amazon for my old favorite, I found that it looked the same, but was man-made instead of leather. With some reservation, I went ahead and ordered a pair in the size I have been wearing. When they arrived and I tried them on, they looked and felt narrow. I decided to wear them for awhile on my carpeted floor. After about an hour, I took them off and found a purple mark where the shoe had rubbed on my foot. Since they are NOT leather, I would not expect them to "give" at all to accommodate my foot. I have returned them and purchased another pair that is described as "leather". We'll see...
on August 5, 2013
I just received a pair of Reebok's white Princess aerobic shoes. This is at least my 5th pair given I like the shoe; however, I was shocked at the poor quality compared with an old pair I have. The new ones smell like cheap vinyl/plastic (no leather) there is NO arch support. The toe box is narrow. The stitching is inconsistent - missed stitches. Overall uncomfortable. I will note this pair I returned was made in Vietnam. My previous comfortable/higher quality pair was made in Thailand. I will not being buying any more Reebok shoes. Sad to see the loss of quality.
on December 13, 2013
My mom has been wearing these since the 80s! I recently bought her a new pair, and she says they are way too narrow and uncomfortable. Her feet haven't changed, it's the shoe! They were made in Vietnam. I hope Reebok gets its act together and changes suppliers.
on March 17, 2013
Just ordered these a week ago. My usual size in athletic shoes is 8 or 8.5, regular width. For these, I went with 8.5, just in case they ran a bit small. I received my shipment very fast (thanks, amazon prime!) and got around to trying them on yesterday. The first thing I noticed, even before trying them on, was how incredibly narrow they looked -- not like any athletic shoe I've ever had, and I've had many (Reebok, Nike, and New Balance, mostly -- NB for running, usually Reebok for aerobics). I got them on but they were SO tight in both length AND width that I knew it would be impossible to do aerobics in them. I am exchanging them for a size 9 (I have NO other shoes in that size) and am going with the Wide size, even though I have NEVER had to order wide shoes before!

Mine were made in Vietnam. Of course we have no control over this -- we are stuck with what we are sent. I am very frustrated and disappointed that I have to wait to get the new ones and then make a trip to UPS to return the ones that didn't fit. (I'm waiting so I can actually compare the 2 sizes side by side ... I hope they are substantially different, or I will have to send back the second pair too.)

I'll update this review (and increase the stars, if applicable) after getting the replacement pair.
on August 5, 2013
I have worn the black princess reebok for more that 20 years. I have been having difficulty finding them in recent years. Unfortunately, this pair did not meet my expectations.
The toe box was extremely low and caused me a lot of discomfort on the one day I wore them. Also they were too narrow and lacked the arch support that I normally love in this brand and model of shoe. I am considering returning them, something I rarely if ever do. I noticed one responder mentioned that it makes a difference which country the shoe was manufactured in. My pair was manufactured in Vietnam.
As far as width, how do you decipher the width codes. I was expecting W N or M for wide, narrow or medium. If someone knows how to read the width sizing please inform me. Thanks
on July 21, 2014
I received these shoes today. I normally wear a 7M, which is what I ordered. These shoes are very, very nice looking shoes, however, they looked more like a size 5 than a size 7. The ones I received were made in Vietnam, they have tiny feet there you know. I have reordered a size 8.5 W... thinking that they might fit better. I have never worn a size 8 in my life, but I swear these shoes felt 2 sizes too small. It's just a shot in the dark, but I really like the shoe and want to have a pair that fit.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question