Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 5, 2011
Picked up these about 8 months ago. I researched the REEF's extensively and choose their most "Highly Rated" design ... The Mick Fanning.

Fast forward 5 to 6 months and BAM ... the strap broke. Your kidding me ... $50 sandals that could not make it through a few months (purchased in February and broke in June). The funny thing is I actually purchased another pair in July (thinking maybe I got a bad product made on a bad day by an overworked and under paid Chinese person).

The 2nd pair lasted exactly 3 months. Same flaw ... the toe strap broke during a dinner out. Fortunately, the 2 broken pair(s) each broke a different foot. Light bulb goes off ...still in business, I can wear the 2 good remaining feet for a new pair. BAD! They broke the straps within a week. Now the bad news, the straps are not covered in the warranty. I am sending them back, both pairs, with no warranty, at my cost, to tell Reef, "Please send this crap back to China and have your underpaid Chinese workers to wear and most importantly enjoy their new REEF Sandals".

Thanks REEF, but I will be spending another $50 on a pair of Rainbow Sandals that actually come with a warranty.
88 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2014
I am a female and I have wide feet. It is extremely hard to find any flip flops that are wide enough to adequately provide support for my foot without the flip flop being way too long or loose. I have purchased the female version of Reef's, but they are too narrow and do not provide the same support as these. These are extremely comfortable and actually feel better on my feet than running shoes. I have a pair for indoor use and for outdoor use. I also have sensitive feet that get sore if I am wearing a shoe that does not provide enough support. Not a problem with these. I use the indoor pair as slippers because slippers are not thick enough and cause my feet to hurt. If it is cold out and I wear running shoes, my feet will start to hurt and as soon as I get back to the house, I put on the Reefs and my feet feel much better. So far, these have lasted a little over a year and have not worn out. These are men's flip flops and the straps are a little wide, but I love these. I wish they made a shoe that was as comfortable as this.
on July 23, 2014
As stated above my first pair lasted 5+ years I love these things. The old pair was still kicking, pun intended, but getting close to its last legs.

I hope that link formats it's self becaus I don't know what I would need to do here to link it properly.

I was a bit surprised by how much loser the old pair fits compared to the new but then I looked at the pictures myself and I can see why.

Easily the most comfy sandals I've ever owned, I wish they still made the flask ones, I would buy a set of those too and wear one of each for the next 10 years. Oh well, I highly recommend these to anyone that's looking for a long lasting comfy pair of sandals with the added perk of having bottle openers, I don't use them often but when I do I love the fact that they are there.
on March 24, 2016
I bought the 2415 Fanning Black/Ice in men's size 11. I received the sandals a few days later just two days before a beach vacation to Daytona Beach. I opened the box and thought the look, color, and style of the flip flops were perfect! But after taking my socks off and sliding my foot into them I soon realized they were too small on my foot. Now mind you I usually wear a size 10.5 or 11 in most every other brand of shoes! So I ended up running to a shoe store at the mall and spending another $55+ dollars just to have sandals in time for my trip! But I have to say I'm not a flip flop guy and I wore these my whole trip and didn't have any issues with them being uncomfortable to sliding off my wet feet! Oh and I made immediate use out of the bottle opener since my Shock Top needed it!
on June 27, 2016
I'd like these if they had fit like the other pair I had from this company. They were a different model, and I got the same size. They are a little larger than I expected and they were not the same sandal as pictured. The company offered to refund my money, but they weren't that different that it was worth the trouble of returning them. The width is not a problem, but the larger size makes the arch hit my foot in the wrong place. They do have a nifty beer bottle opener in the sole. Pretty neat when sitting around the campfire after a day of hiking with friends who are lamenting that no one remembered to bring a bottle opener.
on June 29, 2015
Not sure how to rate these, but they are better than anything else I've purchased in the past five years.

I had a pricey pair of Teva flipflops that I purchased in the mid-1980's that were incredible and lasted several years, but recent Teva purchases have been extraordinarily disappointing. They have definitely changed whatever they are using for the soles of the sandals -- for the worse.

I have tried on several other brands, but they all have felt like crap (including Reef). So imagine my surprise to find that these are actually pretty comfortable and supportive. They do become a little uncomfortable after a few hours, but that seems to be the best I can find these days.
on May 27, 2013
The fit and finish of this Sandal is great! Before these were delivered, my main concern was whether or not they would be cushioned enough for my feet. When I opened the package, I noticed a tag that said these were very comfortable. This Reef Sandal does have firm padding in the heel, but I don't feel any padding in the front of this Sandal. I have neuropathy in both feet, so metatarsal pads would have been perfect! For people who don't have foot pain, these should make anyone happy! Even though there are bottle openers underneath these Sandals, I don't think that I would ever use them. These are dressy Sandals, and you can tell someone did a good job designing them. I won't be returning these Sandals, even though they aren't perfect for me. These will be occasionally worn. For people that have pain in their feet, OOFOS Sandals are very comfortable, but after time they become less supportive, but I ordered another pair, and I am happy with them. Also, I don't have flat feet, but pronounced arches.
on December 9, 2014
I don't get the bottle opener thing. I didn't realize these were "those" sandals when I bought them. In the past I've seen a few guys from time to time take off their sandal to use a mud and grass and donkey-shit covered flip flip bottom to open a pretty girl's beer. Call me a germaphobe or old fashion, but any man who uses one of these deserves a swift chop to the dick area and a firm "NO."

Otherwise, they are better than the crap flip flops I am used to. Much more firm than I was expecting. Very sturdy and well made. I put many miles in these already during a 2 week vacation. I don't think they are the most comfortable, but I can see them lasting 10 years so overall a good purchase. I'll be looking around for a new pair. My girlfriends OluKai seem softer and more comfortable.
on April 4, 2016
I bought these in a size 12 like all of my other flip flops but the straps fit loosely over my foot. I replaced another pair of Reef flip flops in size 12 that fit me perfect and I was hoping for these to fit the same. I couldn't go to a size 11 because then my heel would be near the back edge of the flip flops. Overall they are still nice and good looking flip flops with a functional bottle opener on the bottom for those moments when someone hands you a brew and you don't want to crack your teeth trying to open it because you didn't have a bottle opener as a key chain or for whatever other reason.
on June 22, 2015
I still say these Reef Men's Fanning Sandals are the best. Gives you good heel support for comfort, gives you better protection for your feet, than the usual flip flop sandals. They clean up easily just using the hose. I live in Hawaii so they are really being tested all the time. Walking down lava paths to get to the beach. I find they are really well made, and last a long time. The Reef Sandals are also good enough looking where you can wear them out for a casual evening.
My friend turned me on to them about 7 years ago, now it's all I wear. As we all know everyone's feet are a little different, but for
my feet these are the best.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.