Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,748 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,004 reviews
on June 9, 2016
I am currently living in a tropical country and purchased these sandals with the intention of wearing them for most of the day pretty much every day of the week. After several months of wearing them here are my thoughts.

Fit - Somewhat small, at least until they are broken in. I usually wear size 10 shoes so I got size 10 in these sandals. The fit at first was tight to the point of being uncomfortable. After several weeks of use though they have stretched a little bit and I would say they fit me like a glove right now.

Quality - Very good. I have been wearing these sandals pretty much every day for the last three months, and though they show some signs of wear, the sandals look very good overall and I would guess these sandals to be at less than half of their life expectancy.

Comfort - Meh. The comfort of these sandals in my opinion is just OK. Especially right at first they would hurt my feet after wearing them for a while, but now that they are broken in they aren't too bad. I find that in the hot climate, the wide straps and snug fit also contributes to keeping my feet very warm and somewhat prone to sweat, which has also caused some odor issues. I also think these sandals are on the heavy side which makes wearing them almost more like a shoe than a sandal. If you are shopping for a sandal with comfort being your top priority, I would suggest looking elsewhere, though these aren't too bad once broken in.

I would recommend these sandals for someone looking for sharp looks and good quality, but I do find the comfort somewhat lacking. I have never actually used the bottle opener on the bottom, but this (useless to me) feature may tip the scales for some people. If you aren't going to wear these a lot, expect a somewhat long break-in period. If you can catch these on sale somewhere I would say you are getting a good value for the money, otherwise I feel they are a bit pricey.

--------------
Update
--------------

Since I wear sandals a lot, comfort is a big thing for me when purchasing. Since I've had this pair, I have found another sandal that I would far prefer to this one - the OluKai Hokua OluKai Hokua Sandal - Men's Dark Java/Dark Java 10

These sandals are slightly more expensive, but I have found them to be FAR more comfortable than the Reefs. I have found the durability to be similar, but the OluKai sandals also include a one year warranty, which makes them a far better value in my opinion.
on February 28, 2017
I purchased this hoping for a replacement for my old, worn-out pair. Super-comfy but looking rather sad - old pair is all solid black with leather upper, which was a major part of what I was looking for. Opted for black/silver because the description said leather upper, but what I got is synthetic. I guess Reef is, like all other manufacturers of wearables, constantly changing its styles, but it would be awfully nice if their leather-upper line still came with a plain basic black. Sadly, sending these back, as my experience with synthetic uppers, unless the synthetic is a fabric, is that they won't ever conform or comfortably mold to your feet, no matter what.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 13, 2015
I NEVER thought I would spend more than 15 bucks for a pair of flip-flops....ever. And I never did.....till now. I grew sick of the cheap ones failing rather quickly along with the discomfort of a cheap build quality. After going through a few pairs in a year here in Florida....I decided to spend a little more coin for a flip flop. I did my research on Amazon and these shoes are very highly rated by most. I liked what I saw, so I pulled the trigger.........still feeling uneasy because of spending more for this type of shoe. Well.................... I have had them for a week now....and they are just fabulous!
I wear a 10 1/2 with high arches. I ordered the 10's because I would rather they be a little snug than be loose. These shoes feel like they were custom made for me! Great arch support, perfect fit, and zero slop. The soles feel like stable pillows, and I could not imagine a better feeling flip flop!
The shoes are just a "tad" snug....which is perfect. I have very high arches.....and wear arch supports in all my other shoes. I feel I made the perfect choice. Plus.....they look GREAT! I have not had the opportunity to use the bottle opener....but when the opportunity presents itself.....I'm gonna snatch off my shoe......(and pray I didn't step in dog poop).......and open that bottle! lol They appear very well made....and I am sure they will last a long time. These shoes rock and I HIGHLY recommend....GT:)
on July 2, 2017
Bought these on April 6, 2015 and in a year or so the thong strated to peel off. I thought the thong was made of leather but it's made of fabric and they just glued a piece of leather or syntehtic leather to cover it up. This horrible design of gluing it instead of stitching it means that after using it in a beach setting after a while it will start peeling off from the sides and look ugly as hell and will eventually separate. I stitched both leather covers to the thong and they held up no problem. After some months one of my sandals thong completely ripped apart from the insole and it was rendered useless. I really liked the bottle cap opener and I used it a lot for opening beers while I was on the beach but the quality of these sandals are crap. My last pair of sandals were quicksilvers which lasted like 8 or 10 years and I threw them away because they didn't couldn't grip well enough when I walked. I was expecting to get a few years out of these considering they're Reef but I don't think I will be buying this brand again.

I do not recommend these to anyone who will be using them a lot.
on November 22, 2015
I was looking for a sandal that would provide the relief I needed for my heel pain due to Plantar fasciitis. The Reef Men's Fanning Sandal provided the relief I was looking for. Although this sandals says for it's for men, I went ahead and ordered it in a size that would fit me. I wear size 9 in women's, so the size 7 in men's fit perfectly. It is soft and comfortable and provides the support I need to alleviate the heel pain. I am able to wear it all day and walk around without feeling any discomfort on my heel. The only complaint I have is that the upper strap is a bit snug, but this may be due to it being new. I'm sure in time, as I wear it more often, the straps will loosen up and won't feel tight. The bottom of the sandals also have a bottle opener...my son loves using it to open old school soda bottles :) Overall, great sandals.
on October 9, 2015
hello,
having worn all of the different styles of sandals from ordinary flops to the "walking" style variety, this one stands out and is in the sandal arsenal of the closet. wearing sandals 80% of the year needs one that feels great when standing around and walking. the fit is perfect and the soft inner sole gives a fabulous feel when walking. the only thing is that there is a bottle opener on the bottom and it could mar wooden or tile floors. so, they came out immediately. the air suspension heel gives much needed support and cushion to your heel. we still own one of the original reef air cushioned heel sandals from a long time ago, but they are in use for just patio/garden use. these fanning model sandals are very comfortable and great for mild weather use. when it gets hot, they will get a leather inner sole insert to stop the squeeking that comes from feet moisture when walking around. a great product that will last for a long time...
on June 18, 2016
Awesome sandals my last ones lasted about 5 years and finally gave out. I did not hesitate to order these. I ordered the same size as my last ones however these fit a little tighter, could be that my old ones where just stretched out a little from the years that I have worn them. My only complaint is the new square logo on the heel of the sandal is very uncomfortable, I sure with time the logo on the heel will wear down to the point where it will not be annoying.
Overall good long lasting sandal.
Update 31July 16: The sandals have streched out to fit my feet better,also the square heel logo has finally worn down so thats no longer a comfort issuse.
Overall awesome sandal, just hope Reef changes the heel logo.
on October 23, 2014
I've never been the biggest fan of flip-flops that have the in-between-toes separator at the front. They were never comfortable and always managed to cause irritation. Until several summers ago when my friend introduced me to the Reef brand, and this leather fanning in particular. It's functional, sporty, and can be "summer elegant" at the same time.

The leather strap is super soft and comfortable while wearing and walking, enough so to where I never had to think about it. The flip flop is also pleasurable to walk around city streets in. I walk so much in the summers that I end up wearing the bottoms out. That'd be the only negative, I suppose. They could have made it a bit thicker or more durable, but after about 4 months of consistent weekend walking, they're still fantastic.

I have no other comment other than they're great and I hope Reef keeps making this line. Oh! I have a large foot and have been buying size 14. After wearing them in, the flip flop actually stretched a bit and became bigger. I'm at the point where I buy a size 13 now, wear it maybe 4 or 5 times, and then it stretches to a really comfortable fit. Enjoy!
on January 19, 2015
I remember shopping for sandals back in the day and I stopped into a Journeys in the mall to see what they had in stock after checking out other places with no luck. I saw an older version of these Reefs and I wrote them off. Your typical, average beach sandals I thought as I looked at them. I asked the manager if they had any comfortable sandals for every day wear during the summer. As I proceeded to show him my jacked up ankle with all of my scars I told him I was prioritizing comfort above all. He took me straight to these and said, "Here's what you want." I gave him a puzzled look and said, "Are you sure?" He replied, "I've been selling shoes for over 10 years. Trust me. You won't find a sandal more comfortable than this." He was right. I wore that first pair every summer for 5 or 6 years before I finally noticed a lack of cushioning because I had worn down the soles from extended wear and tear. I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. That's a lot of wear and tear over the years. Hell, I think every other pair of sandals I've ever worn have blown out the tong in the middle. I recently bought my second pair. They are just as comfortable and I expect them to last just as long.
on October 31, 2015
Best sandals ever! I've been wearing reef sandals for as long as I can remember, way before these when the smoothies were all they made and I have loved them all. The durability is top notch and I actually still occasionally wear a pair from about 10 years ago. I was in Cozumel years ago and we were driving around exploring the island, you know back when it was safe to do so, and came up on some men working on the road. Being in Mexico we had a stockpile of cervezas with us and thought it nice to offer some to the workers. Since Dos Equis are not screw tops they needed a bottle opener in order to enjoy the sweet nectar and seeing their faces when I offered up my flip flop was priceless! If you want to be an international super star buy these. If you want to remain a nobody, go to Old Navy....

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.