Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,685 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,939 reviews
on June 9, 2016
I am currently living in a tropical country and purchased these sandals with the intention of wearing them for most of the day pretty much every day of the week. After several months of wearing them here are my thoughts.

Fit - Somewhat small, at least until they are broken in. I usually wear size 10 shoes so I got size 10 in these sandals. The fit at first was tight to the point of being uncomfortable. After several weeks of use though they have stretched a little bit and I would say they fit me like a glove right now.

Quality - Very good. I have been wearing these sandals pretty much every day for the last three months, and though they show some signs of wear, the sandals look very good overall and I would guess these sandals to be at less than half of their life expectancy.

Comfort - Meh. The comfort of these sandals in my opinion is just OK. Especially right at first they would hurt my feet after wearing them for a while, but now that they are broken in they aren't too bad. I find that in the hot climate, the wide straps and snug fit also contributes to keeping my feet very warm and somewhat prone to sweat, which has also caused some odor issues. I also think these sandals are on the heavy side which makes wearing them almost more like a shoe than a sandal. If you are shopping for a sandal with comfort being your top priority, I would suggest looking elsewhere, though these aren't too bad once broken in.

I would recommend these sandals for someone looking for sharp looks and good quality, but I do find the comfort somewhat lacking. I have never actually used the bottle opener on the bottom, but this (useless to me) feature may tip the scales for some people. If you aren't going to wear these a lot, expect a somewhat long break-in period. If you can catch these on sale somewhere I would say you are getting a good value for the money, otherwise I feel they are a bit pricey.
on May 13, 2015
I NEVER thought I would spend more than 15 bucks for a pair of flip-flops....ever. And I never did.....till now. I grew sick of the cheap ones failing rather quickly along with the discomfort of a cheap build quality. After going through a few pairs in a year here in Florida....I decided to spend a little more coin for a flip flop. I did my research on Amazon and these shoes are very highly rated by most. I liked what I saw, so I pulled the trigger.........still feeling uneasy because of spending more for this type of shoe. Well.................... I have had them for a week now....and they are just fabulous!
I wear a 10 1/2 with high arches. I ordered the 10's because I would rather they be a little snug than be loose. These shoes feel like they were custom made for me! Great arch support, perfect fit, and zero slop. The soles feel like stable pillows, and I could not imagine a better feeling flip flop!
The shoes are just a "tad" snug....which is perfect. I have very high arches.....and wear arch supports in all my other shoes. I feel I made the perfect choice. Plus.....they look GREAT! I have not had the opportunity to use the bottle opener....but when the opportunity presents itself.....I'm gonna snatch off my shoe......(and pray I didn't step in dog poop).......and open that bottle! lol They appear very well made....and I am sure they will last a long time. These shoes rock and I HIGHLY recommend....GT:)
on January 22, 2014
Let me say that I'm someone who wears sandals extensively, all year round. Living in Arizona I find it much easier to just throw a pair on instead of going through the hassle of getting socks and shoes on especially for simple tasks around the house.

When my old LL Bean sandals finally gave up the goat (120 degree weather and even hotter blacktop surfaces lend to premature wearing and ungluing of components) I had to start digging to find something to replace them.

After reading reviews, looking through pictures I decided on these sandals given they looked pretty well put together and had a very highly padded heel which I find to be a requirement when sometimes I wear the sandal for the upwards of 8-10 hours in a day.

After ordering these and putting them to the test I was immediately impressed by the build quality and the overall comfort and I can say that after almost a years worth of wear and an Arizona summer later these things are STILL holding up just like new! I couldn't be happier with how these sandals fit and their overall comfort is unmatched even on items I've spend double the money on.

Sizing they fit perfectly to the size listed and color is accurately represented in the pictures.

Now, with that being said the novelty feature of the bottle opener built into the bottom of the sandal is actually quite entertaining! After a year's worth of practice I've actually perfected a kicking 'open' with it where I can actually open bottles being held by others without removing the sandal, quite a conversation piece when out camping!

These sandals are genuinely worth the money and if mine ever start showing wear I'm sure that I'll be right back to order a new set!
on October 9, 2015
hello,
having worn all of the different styles of sandals from ordinary flops to the "walking" style variety, this one stands out and is in the sandal arsenal of the closet. wearing sandals 80% of the year needs one that feels great when standing around and walking. the fit is perfect and the soft inner sole gives a fabulous feel when walking. the only thing is that there is a bottle opener on the bottom and it could mar wooden or tile floors. so, they came out immediately. the air suspension heel gives much needed support and cushion to your heel. we still own one of the original reef air cushioned heel sandals from a long time ago, but they are in use for just patio/garden use. these fanning model sandals are very comfortable and great for mild weather use. when it gets hot, they will get a leather inner sole insert to stop the squeeking that comes from feet moisture when walking around. a great product that will last for a long time...
on October 23, 2014
I've never been the biggest fan of flip-flops that have the in-between-toes separator at the front. They were never comfortable and always managed to cause irritation. Until several summers ago when my friend introduced me to the Reef brand, and this leather fanning in particular. It's functional, sporty, and can be "summer elegant" at the same time.

The leather strap is super soft and comfortable while wearing and walking, enough so to where I never had to think about it. The flip flop is also pleasurable to walk around city streets in. I walk so much in the summers that I end up wearing the bottoms out. That'd be the only negative, I suppose. They could have made it a bit thicker or more durable, but after about 4 months of consistent weekend walking, they're still fantastic.

I have no other comment other than they're great and I hope Reef keeps making this line. Oh! I have a large foot and have been buying size 14. After wearing them in, the flip flop actually stretched a bit and became bigger. I'm at the point where I buy a size 13 now, wear it maybe 4 or 5 times, and then it stretches to a really comfortable fit. Enjoy!
on January 19, 2015
I remember shopping for sandals back in the day and I stopped into a Journeys in the mall to see what they had in stock after checking out other places with no luck. I saw an older version of these Reefs and I wrote them off. Your typical, average beach sandals I thought as I looked at them. I asked the manager if they had any comfortable sandals for every day wear during the summer. As I proceeded to show him my jacked up ankle with all of my scars I told him I was prioritizing comfort above all. He took me straight to these and said, "Here's what you want." I gave him a puzzled look and said, "Are you sure?" He replied, "I've been selling shoes for over 10 years. Trust me. You won't find a sandal more comfortable than this." He was right. I wore that first pair every summer for 5 or 6 years before I finally noticed a lack of cushioning because I had worn down the soles from extended wear and tear. I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. That's a lot of wear and tear over the years. Hell, I think every other pair of sandals I've ever worn have blown out the tong in the middle. I recently bought my second pair. They are just as comfortable and I expect them to last just as long.
on November 22, 2015
I own a pair of Reef Rainbows and I love them. I gave the Reef Fanning 3 stars because I am an idiot for ordering them. Reefs are hardcore flip flops, not some woosy plastic crap that is hawked by other manufacturers. These things last. My Rainbows are wearing thin but are still the most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet. I am retired, live in Florida and am a beach person. I only wear shoes to funerals and weddings and because I don't go to either, my shoes are moldy. I was a lifeguard at the beach forty odd years ago and use to buy a pair of flip flops every week or ten days. They just didn't last. It took 16 days to break in my Rainbows and will probably take that long to break in the Fannings. I have a friend that drinks only Corona which doesn't have a twist off cap, so I demonstrated the Fanning to him. Hopefully he will order them from Amazon. I will likely amend this post after I break the Fannings in.
on November 2, 2014
I am a female and I have wide feet. It is extremely hard to find any flip flops that are wide enough to adequately provide support for my foot without the flip flop being way too long or loose. I have purchased the female version of Reef's, but they are too narrow and do not provide the same support as these. These are extremely comfortable and actually feel better on my feet than running shoes. I have a pair for indoor use and for outdoor use. I also have sensitive feet that get sore if I am wearing a shoe that does not provide enough support. Not a problem with these. I use the indoor pair as slippers because slippers are not thick enough and cause my feet to hurt. If it is cold out and I wear running shoes, my feet will start to hurt and as soon as I get back to the house, I put on the Reefs and my feet feel much better. So far, these have lasted a little over a year and have not worn out. These are men's flip flops and the straps are a little wide, but I love these. I wish they made a shoe that was as comfortable as this.
on November 22, 2015
I was looking for a sandal that would provide the relief I needed for my heel pain due to Plantar fasciitis. The Reef Men's Fanning Sandal provided the relief I was looking for. Although this sandals says for it's for men, I went ahead and ordered it in a size that would fit me. I wear size 9 in women's, so the size 7 in men's fit perfectly. It is soft and comfortable and provides the support I need to alleviate the heel pain. I am able to wear it all day and walk around without feeling any discomfort on my heel. The only complaint I have is that the upper strap is a bit snug, but this may be due to it being new. I'm sure in time, as I wear it more often, the straps will loosen up and won't feel tight. The bottom of the sandals also have a bottle opener...my son loves using it to open old school soda bottles :) Overall, great sandals.
on February 28, 2017
I purchased this hoping for a replacement for my old, worn-out pair. Super-comfy but looking rather sad - old pair is all solid black with leather upper, which was a major part of what I was looking for. Opted for black/silver because the description said leather upper, but what I got is synthetic. I guess Reef is, like all other manufacturers of wearables, constantly changing its styles, but it would be awfully nice if their leather-upper line still came with a plain basic black. Sadly, sending these back, as my experience with synthetic uppers, unless the synthetic is a fabric, is that they won't ever conform or comfortably mold to your feet, no matter what.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.