Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 28, 2017
I purchased this hoping for a replacement for my old, worn-out pair. Super-comfy but looking rather sad - old pair is all solid black with leather upper, which was a major part of what I was looking for. Opted for black/silver because the description said leather upper, but what I got is synthetic. I guess Reef is, like all other manufacturers of wearables, constantly changing its styles, but it would be awfully nice if their leather-upper line still came with a plain basic black. Sadly, sending these back, as my experience with synthetic uppers, unless the synthetic is a fabric, is that they won't ever conform or comfortably mold to your feet, no matter what.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I am currently living in a tropical country and purchased these sandals with the intention of wearing them for most of the day pretty much every day of the week. After several months of wearing them here are my thoughts.

Fit - Somewhat small, at least until they are broken in. I usually wear size 10 shoes so I got size 10 in these sandals. The fit at first was tight to the point of being uncomfortable. After several weeks of use though they have stretched a little bit and I would say they fit me like a glove right now.

Quality - Very good. I have been wearing these sandals pretty much every day for the last three months, and though they show some signs of wear, the sandals look very good overall and I would guess these sandals to be at less than half of their life expectancy.

Comfort - Meh. The comfort of these sandals in my opinion is just OK. Especially right at first they would hurt my feet after wearing them for a while, but now that they are broken in they aren't too bad. I find that in the hot climate, the wide straps and snug fit also contributes to keeping my feet very warm and somewhat prone to sweat, which has also caused some odor issues. I also think these sandals are on the heavy side which makes wearing them almost more like a shoe than a sandal. If you are shopping for a sandal with comfort being your top priority, I would suggest looking elsewhere, though these aren't too bad once broken in.

I would recommend these sandals for someone looking for sharp looks and good quality, but I do find the comfort somewhat lacking. I have never actually used the bottle opener on the bottom, but this (useless to me) feature may tip the scales for some people. If you aren't going to wear these a lot, expect a somewhat long break-in period. If you can catch these on sale somewhere I would say you are getting a good value for the money, otherwise I feel they are a bit pricey.

--------------
Update
--------------

Since I wear sandals a lot, comfort is a big thing for me when purchasing. Since I've had this pair, I have found another sandal that I would far prefer to this one - the OluKai Hokua OluKai Hokua Sandal - Men's Dark Java/Dark Java 10

These sandals are slightly more expensive, but I have found them to be FAR more comfortable than the Reefs. I have found the durability to be similar, but the OluKai sandals also include a one year warranty, which makes them a far better value in my opinion.
8 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2015
hello,
having worn all of the different styles of sandals from ordinary flops to the "walking" style variety, this one stands out and is in the sandal arsenal of the closet. wearing sandals 80% of the year needs one that feels great when standing around and walking. the fit is perfect and the soft inner sole gives a fabulous feel when walking. the only thing is that there is a bottle opener on the bottom and it could mar wooden or tile floors. so, they came out immediately. the air suspension heel gives much needed support and cushion to your heel. we still own one of the original reef air cushioned heel sandals from a long time ago, but they are in use for just patio/garden use. these fanning model sandals are very comfortable and great for mild weather use. when it gets hot, they will get a leather inner sole insert to stop the squeeking that comes from feet moisture when walking around. a great product that will last for a long time...
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 26, 2015
Fit was true to size and was just what I expected. For sandals, the built-in arch support and bit of a heel truly make a difference in the way they feel and the way they make me feel. I spend basically the five months between May 1 and October 1 in sandals. I had a pair of Reef sandals that were flats and were worn out, which is what I replaced with these. I also have a bad back, which is the reason I am able to wear sandals all the time , as I no longer have to go to my office, having retired several years ago. The added support of the arch and heel of the Fanning sandal truly made a difference in the way my back felt at the end of the day, I can recommend them without hesitation.
on September 6, 2016
These slippers would have got five stars but for one thing - they took a while to break in and were NOT comfortable at all at first. Eventually they stretched out a bit and gave here and there and now they're OK to wear all day long. I love the bottle opener on the bottom (a nice surprise, but it took me a bit to figure out what it was! LOL) and while these are fairly comfortable they are stiffer in the heel than I expected them to be. Perhaps over time they will soften a bit and save my heels.
One person found this helpful
on March 23, 2016
Wow so far these sandals are incredible. I have had them for about a week and have worn them to the university and to the pool. My feet feel great. Feels like I'm wearing shoes really. The arch support I think is what does it. I haven't used the bottle opener, don't know if it would be sanitary, but I don't really care about it. It's a cool thing to show people, they always get really happy for some odd reason. They do need to be broken into (just wear them for a day), but after that its all smooth sailing. Hoping they last a while, but will most likely buy these again.
on January 6, 2014
This is my second pair of Fannings. My first pair have been in use for three summers and are still holding up fine. They are by far the most comfortable flip-flops I have ever owned for my flat feet. Most cheaply made flops make my feet hurt after moderate use. These have a much stronger support and sturdy design. Once broken-in, they are fantastic. Until that point, they are a bit tight and will hurt your feet a bit if you wear them too long one day.

I wear mine almost every day during the late spring/summer and keep them on for the entire day usually. I'll even wear them to baseball games where I usually wind up standing for three hours or so.The bottle opener on bottom is certainly a cool feature and one that will get a few weird looks from time to time.

I am glad to be able to get these on Amazon at a good price and in the color/size I want. Finding the correct combination in a store can be difficult. I highly recommend these based on my past three years of great experience.
One person found this helpful
on July 23, 2014
As stated above my first pair lasted 5+ years I love these things. The old pair was still kicking, pun intended, but getting close to its last legs.

I hope that link formats it's self becaus I don't know what I would need to do here to link it properly.

I was a bit surprised by how much loser the old pair fits compared to the new but then I looked at the pictures myself and I can see why.

Easily the most comfy sandals I've ever owned, I wish they still made the flask ones, I would buy a set of those too and wear one of each for the next 10 years. Oh well, I highly recommend these to anyone that's looking for a long lasting comfy pair of sandals with the added perk of having bottle openers, I don't use them often but when I do I love the fact that they are there.
on November 2, 2014
I am a female and I have wide feet. It is extremely hard to find any flip flops that are wide enough to adequately provide support for my foot without the flip flop being way too long or loose. I have purchased the female version of Reef's, but they are too narrow and do not provide the same support as these. These are extremely comfortable and actually feel better on my feet than running shoes. I have a pair for indoor use and for outdoor use. I also have sensitive feet that get sore if I am wearing a shoe that does not provide enough support. Not a problem with these. I use the indoor pair as slippers because slippers are not thick enough and cause my feet to hurt. If it is cold out and I wear running shoes, my feet will start to hurt and as soon as I get back to the house, I put on the Reefs and my feet feel much better. So far, these have lasted a little over a year and have not worn out. These are men's flip flops and the straps are a little wide, but I love these. I wish they made a shoe that was as comfortable as this.
on March 24, 2016
I bought the 2415 Fanning Black/Ice in men's size 11. I received the sandals a few days later just two days before a beach vacation to Daytona Beach. I opened the box and thought the look, color, and style of the flip flops were perfect! But after taking my socks off and sliding my foot into them I soon realized they were too small on my foot. Now mind you I usually wear a size 10.5 or 11 in most every other brand of shoes! So I ended up running to a shoe store at the mall and spending another $55+ dollars just to have sandals in time for my trip! But I have to say I'm not a flip flop guy and I wore these my whole trip and didn't have any issues with them being uncomfortable to sliding off my wet feet! Oh and I made immediate use out of the bottle opener since my Shock Top needed it!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.