Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 9, 2017
Love the Fanning reefs. I have been wearing them for over 10 years now, and various Reef's prior.

Positives: They hold up well to extreme use, over 300 days/year for usually about a year. They are super comfortable. The soles are durable and have traction like a tennis shoe. They open beers (yeah I use that feature all the time).

Negatives: They do hold up well, but they also break in the same two places every time. The thong deteriorates slowly, the first thing to go is the soft decorative cover, which I just cut away when it breaks down. The stronger nylon type part holds for much longer, but eventually can wear through and break rendering the flops -dead-. The other place that will break down (again after prolonged extreme use) is where the strap enters the sole. The glue eventually breaks down and the strap can tug loose. It can usually be tucked back into the sole for a couple months before the thong also breaks down and it's time for a new pair.

My feet sweat. The soles are partially absorptive foam which harbors all the nasties and over time require frequent cleaning. I wear mine in the shower frequently to purge the dirt/debris/smells, but then they take a reasonable period to dry out.

I don't criticize very much for these points, since I do wear these daily, rain or shine, or rarely, snow. You aren't likely to see these weaknesses for several years unless you wear them like I do.

Final note is more for the seller. I just got a "new" pair that had clearly been worn at least long enough for some foot dirt to rub off onto the inner strap. My photos don't quite capture it like the naked eye, but it's there for sure. I don't necessarily mind my flip flops having been tried on, as any pair you buy 'new' at a surf shop is fair game for customers to try on, but this is not a surf shop. PLEASE SELLER: Take a glance at the product you're shipping "as new" and divert the obviously used crap.
review imagereview image
on September 19, 2016
Possibly the worst brand of sandals/flip flops for quality that I have ever purchased and the customer service is simply put appalling or rather non-existent.

After having owned a pair of Reef sandals for many years i thought that they were a guaranteed sign of quality. Things must have changed significantly as the Reef Rover SL didn't even last 2 months, (Reef Rover Swellular LUX lasted 3 days and Reef Fanning lasted 4 months) and i was alternating them between the 10+ pairs of sandals I own.

The lining on the top of the Reef Rover SL started peeling off after a month and after 2 months usage they were ready for the bin. I contacted Reef in America who told me to contact Reef Europe (where i purchased them) Reef Europe never replied. I then got back in touch with Reef America and they told me to contact Reef Asia (where i am currently living). After 9 emails back and forth between Reef America and absolutely no reply from Reef Asia I gave up. Your customer service is abysmal!

Reef Swellular Cushion only lasted 3 days - the bottom part came off completely. These sandals are not designed for water as so stated. Very comfortable i have to admit but come on 3 days - thats a joke!

Reef Fanning - lasted 4 months. Says that they are water friendly but again they don't seem to like water as they have turned white.

See attached pictures.

Needless to say i will never purchase a pair of Reef sandals again.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 23, 2015
I love these flip flops. They fit as I expected they would, maybe just a little big or wide - but they are a men's size 7 and I probably need a size 6 as I normally wear the Women's size 8 but can't find many Reef Fanning in womens these days. Reef used to make quite a variety for women but they seem to have cut back on them lately - so I've been looking at the Men's and there are so many choices. I love the Mai Tai - it has the tropical print on them and works great for a woman also. I have several things I can wear them with and they look great. If they had been available in a size 6 I would have preferred that, but the 7 isn't bad. I've had lots of compliments on them!
on September 22, 2014
I have been wearing these for years and love them. I buy them two at a time and each morning when I shower I take the ones I word the day before in with me and then put them next to an AC vent to dry. Wear the fresh ones from the day before. They are super comfortable and last well considering I wear them pretty much all day, every day. Only time I don't is in the winter when it is too cold. I've bought dozens of these over the years and hope they never discontinue them. I do use the can opener occasionally but that is really secondary to how comfortable they are.
on May 3, 2016
Overall, pretty good. However, these sandals would be perfect for me with a half size option. It's a small knock; I bought a half size higher than I usually get and they're still comfortable.
on December 4, 2015
Best sandals ever! I've had 5 pairs since 2004 and they are perfect!
on April 16, 2015
great shoe. I love it for the summer. It has been a durable shoe and easy to clean.
on April 12, 2017
Fit great and comfortably
on December 26, 2015
Buy these as if you are buying Nike's - you gotta go a size up.
on December 3, 2017
I only buy Reef sandals. They fit perfectly!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.