- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Tfh Pubns Inc (August 1, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1890087459
- ISBN-13: 978-1890087456
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 22 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,991,307 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reef Fishes: A Guide to Their Identification, Behavior and Captive Care, Vol. 1 Paperback – August 1, 2001
"The Other Woman" by Sandie Jones
“The Other Woman is an absorbing thriller with a great twist. A perfect beach read.” ― Kristin Hannah, #1 New York Times bestselling author of "The Great Alone" Pre-order today
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) There is more in-depth information about each species than I've seen in any other fish book---by this, I mean pages instead of a paragraph or two.
2) This is only volume 1 of an eventual 3 volume set that will provide a comprehensive reference to virtually all reef fishes. What this means is that all kinds of bizarre fishes are covered in detail----even those that most of us would never consider for our own aquarium and those that we will never see unless we take up scuba diving. Many (most?) of the fishes that the amateur aquarist might own will be covered in future volumes.
The text is well-written and fun to read. I particularly enjoyed the chapter on frogfishes, even though I can't imagine myself owning one. Additionally, the book is profusely illustrated with excellent color photographs. It's really astounding that one person could do all the research, compilation, and writing that went into this. Whatever Mr. Michael is making from this book, it's not enough.
Over-all, a really terrific book, and I'm waiting with bated breath for volumes 1 and 2. I hope the author can find time and energy enough to get them out within a few years.
Most recent customer reviews
TFH should be ashamed of themselves.Read more