Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 18, 2013
I actually picked a pair of these up by mistake and was quite surprised by how comfortable they are. I was looking to buy another pair of Reef Fannings when I saw the blue and turquoise and liked the color combo so I grabbed them thinking they were in fact Fannings. I didn't try them on till I got home since I've bought 3 or 4 pairs now of Fannings over the years.

When I put them on I immediately was startled at how 'squishy' they felt. I looked at them and saw the foam instead of the normal clear 'bubble' that Fannings have. I was a little worried at first because they felt so different on my heels. However, the more I walked in them the more comfortable they were and the more I liked them.

I'd easily recommend these if you want a more comfortable sandal to stand or walk in and I'd definitely recommend these as a replacement to your Reef Fannings if you're looking for a new pair.
29 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2013
The Reef Phantom Players weren't on my list, originally. You see, I had my mind set on something a little less "surfy". That is, until I tried these on at the local showroom, I mean, department store. As a larger person, I tend to flatten out smaller / thinner sandals in a short period of time, and no one enjoys walking on thong pancakes. These are thick at the heel, made from what is undoubtedly the best sponge or memory foam man can make. They don't flatten out! Instead, my foot molds around the sandal. Like Pharaoh's chariot, these tote me around in comfort!

The color, well, that's another story. As I wasn't 100% sure how well they'd hold up, I didn't want to spend a considerable amount on sandals. The neon green ones were cheaper, and as such, that's what I purchase. That's a personal preference though, not really relevant to the product itself. If you're curious about the green, yes, it's a neon green. Something you'd associate with radioactive goop.

Finally, the thong doesn't cut into my toes, it's comfortable. And there is arch support. Too many sandals are sold with zero support for your arches. If these were any more supportive and comfortable, I'm unsure I'd ever take them off!
on September 16, 2014
I have had these sandals for a little over 6 months now; M-F I wear them about 2 hours a day, and on the weekends I wear them all over the place. They show very little signs of wear, and the sole material has not broken down like many flip flops tend to. The straps do not rub or chafe as many do. Overall this has been a great pair of flip flops.

Now, about that bottle opener. Many people think "eew, gross". First off, it only touches the cap, which gets discarded; nothing that touches the shoe touches anything that will touch your lips, unless you're an idiot. Secondly, go spend the day on a boat, diving, fishing, swimming, snorkeling - whatever. On the boat ride back, pull out your nice frosty bottled beverage of choice (if it's a real beverage, it won't be twist off). Chances are, there will be two very popular people on the boat - the guy with the lighter, and the guy with the bottle opener(s).
on April 23, 2014
You will really enjoy these supportive and comfortable thong type sandals. These are not your thin cheap pair-at all.
These are the ones you will want to wear all the time. Besides supportive comfort-they offer Non-Slip and Non-Marring
sandal soles. Furthermore, your feet will not loose these sandals, i.e. sandal fly away. The specially padded foot and toe
straps will keep your feet in proper alignment, at all times.
Due to medical conditions, I must wear "Thong Sandals" year round, so supportive and safe walking is a must have. Give these
a try, and remember to order (1) size larger than you would wear, for that ultra comfort experience!!
One person found this helpful
on August 21, 2013
I bought two pairs of Reef sandals... the Playa Negra and the Phantom Player. For the average young whipper-snapper, either pair would be fine. If you want something with arch support, the Playa Negra is much better. The Phantom had a nice soft squishy heel, but there wasn't much arch support. Perhaps as the sandals age, the squishiness of the heel would lessen, and there would be more arch support, but that might not happen. I decided to return these Phantoms, but am keeping the Playa Negras.
7 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2014
Needed a pair of sandals for a trip to Tobago and picked up the Phantom Players. They have FAR exceeded my expectations. They are amazingly comfortable both in sole and toe, have excellent grip on the floor, stay on my feet well, are fine in water and hold up well. What more could you ask for? There are a lot of "fashion" or "gimmick" sandals out there. These are not those. They are perfection. I now look for a bottle to acquire so I can use the opener on bottom. (This is of course a gimmick but that's fine since what counts is all there.) Bought a second pair just to have them. No need to ever search for another pair of floppers for me.
on July 29, 2014
I have loved Reef sandals for several years now. I have had the Fanning Sandal, the Slap II, the Phantom Thong, and the Phantom Player. I tend to like the Phantom Player best, but the Fanning is is great too. I would purchase any of them based upon price.

The size here runs as expected based upon the sizing guide. I tend to buy size 11 or 11.5 shoe, but when I measure my feet and look at the guide, it tells me to buy size 12 or 13. I ordered size 12 and am very happy with the way it fits.

The bottle opener on the bottom is kind of a gimmick. These days with twist off caps, you don't really need it. Some people are afraid they will scratch wood floors, but that is not true. My daughter has these as well as me. We have wood floors throughout our home and the opener does not touch the wood. Therefore, it does not scratch our wood floors. Don't let the bottle opener scare you from getting these.

The only negative thing about Reef sandals is that they are so great that if you leave them on the sand while you take a swim, someone might just steal them. This happened to me in Hawaii on the island of Maui, which was a bummer because I was at the start of my vacation and these were the only sandals I brought with me. I tried to replace with a Walmart pair of Ocean Pacific sandals, but they cut the top of my feet with blisters after only one day. I could have bought a pair of reef sandals in a surf shop, but they were priced twice as much as what I could order here. As soon as I got back home, I ordered these from Amazon. They are soft and comfortable, very nice. I am so glad to have my feet back in Reef Sandals.

If you have never tried Reef sandals, you should. You will not regret it.
on May 5, 2013
This sandal replaced my Reef Fannings that I have had for 3 yrs and they are more comfortable then the fanning have been and I thouhgt the Fannings were the bees knees. These dude seem to run a bit tighter then the fanning or it could be my fanning are just really worn in. I will update later with sizing but so far it seems to small. So maybe order a half size up if possible.
7 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2017
I usually don't like the thong type sandals (that go between your toes), but I have to say these have changed my mind. These are a really great quality sandal, and have a good cushion for walking. They also have a bottle opener on the bottom for when you are beach side or pool side.
on January 8, 2015
I bought this as a Christmas Present for my Hubby and he absolutely loves it! The sandals fit great and are very comfortable. The bottle opener actually works really well which was a pleasant surprise as I expected it to be more of a gimmick. My Hubby said it's the best bottle opener in the house and that's almost embarrassing because we brew beer and we have a LOT of bottle openers! He's got one of the 'slippah's' in the kitchen now...on the counter for opening bottles!!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.