BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 28, 2015
I live 50yds from the beach in south Florida and pretty much where them year round, so I know flip flops. They are smaller in size then my normal reefs and I would subtract a star for it but I like everything else about them and it's nothing a half size bigger wouldn't fix.

As far as comfort, these things are an A+. They have a cushier heal with a kind of sneaker like rounded heal, which is a little awkward at first. The 1st time I put them on I rolled backon my heal a little, but after a couple hours in them I didnt even notice any more.

I have been wearing these for a few weeks now and am used to the smaller size. But, I think I will buy a half size bigger next time. My old ones now feel hard compared to these.

Yeah, I know, those are some white arse feet for being so close to the beach. But the summer heat is still here, so it's hot as heck and raining to much (all the time as of late). I will get some sun when the cold winds start to come and the wind/waves are back. South Florida is awesome in the winter hence all the snow birds (people that come durning the winter only) that flock here. A lot of condos go down to 10% occupancy during the summer!

Blah blah blah.

Carry on now.
on June 17, 2013
A friend recommended this Flip Flop and I'm glad he did, worth twice the price! My tender feet aren't used to the contact points of a Flip Flop (between the toe) so I don't know if I could wear all day but this certainly is no fault of the sandal. Unlike most Flip Flops with cheap flimsy foam soles that wear out in a very short period of time, the sole on this sandal is very supportive, firm and shock absorbing, almost sneaker like.

My ONLY complaint and second recommendation would be to purchase one size larger than you generally wear in a sneaker/shoe. I wear a size 9 (Men) boot/shoe/sneaker and had to return my first pair of sandals for a size 10 because my heel was nearly hanging off the back of the sandal. (Thank goodness for Amazon Prime's no hassle return policy!!)

I would buy them again in a heartbeat!
on May 9, 2015
I am editing this review. They are indeed the most comfortable flip flops that I've ever owned. I purchased the brown ones. I am very picky when it comes to any type of sandal. I have very high arches in my feet, so I need very good support. I purchased these in one size higher than what I wear in a regular shoe. They fit perfectly.

Edit: I have been wearing these for a couple months now (at least). They were holding up well, but a couple days ago one of straps popped out of the sole on the side of the flip flop. This does not bode well with me. Now, I will say that I wear these all the time. Whether it's fishing, a trip to the store....literally everywhere except work. So, I'm still impressed with the comfort. But if they were any higher priced than $40(ish) I would not buy another pair. For now, I have super glued the strap back in place & it is holding up well. We will see how long it lasts. If I get through the season I'll buy another pair for next summer.

Edit Again: The side strap broke again & the thong strap broke as well. I finally bought another pair. Still satisfied with the comfort & price of another pair ($28 for second pair).

Last Edit/Update: My second pair just had a thong break off. These ones are still in great condition & barely made it through a few months. This will be my last pair. I'm done. They seriously need to make a better quality shoe.
on November 14, 2016
I'm a lifeguard and wore these 6 days out of the week for about 5 to 7 hours a day depending if I'm guarding or instructing. I've had these for about 6 months. These are very comfortable and the style is cool. The sandale is very thick rubber and the thong is a very comfortable and smooth leather. People said it runs small and it's true. I'm a size 10.5 but got an 11. To me it fit perfectly. However, there are some flaws to this product.
First, the leather started to come off from the right sandale. Looked like it was glued on. Second, the thong ripped off half way. I decided I was not going to let it go cause everything else is fine so I used guerrilla tape, but you can you Krazy glue. However, if you're working around water like me it will go away. Sadly it finally said uncle and the thong came right off. Over all I was happy until the problems started to come. The leather would have looked better if I had waxed every now and then. For me I would had liked it if it had grip of the bottom because of my line of work. I slipped twice out of the 6 months but still.
Would I buy this again yes if it was cheaper. Don't buy it at its original price. Wait for a deal then steal.
on April 2, 2015
...ask them about how these slippers feel. If you know the person, ask them if you can try these on. Or, if you're the shy type, find a store that carries these and try them on there. You will be sold on how cushion-y these feel. I was!

These would rate 5 stars, except for the fact that they are expensive! That, and because the strap broke (came unglued and slipped out on one side). But some Shoe Goo fixed that.

These are useful for:
low arches
regular arches
high arches
PF Plantar Fasciitis
anyone needing a cushioned, supportive footbed

One thing that might affect your comfort, is the fact that these are made of what seems to be dense foam and rubber. This makes it "heavy" as far as this class of footwear is concerned. It's def NOT your dollar store flip flop, that's for sure, which will do nothing for you except ruin your feet... but because of the dense materials, the bigger your shoe size, the heavier these will be. If you are sensitive to the weight factor, or have a problem wearing footwear that causes your foot to "work" a little harder, these might not be for you.

Our family loves them, even though they are expensive. Hey, REEF, lower your prices please?
on July 21, 2016
I only just tried them on for the first time 10 minutes ago. So I can't give a full review yet (that's why only the 3 stars) After reading reviews before I purchased, I took the advice and ordered a Mens 11 (I'm a mens 10) and they fit perfectly. Thank God for reviews!! I'll add to this once I have walked in and used them, but wanted to get this out there to everyone BUY ONE SIZE LARGER!
review image
on January 28, 2015
Yesterday I returned a size 12M for this 13M. I have size 12M feet. The 12 was too short and too narrow. This 13M is really perfectly sized length and width for size 12 feet. Trust me. If you're a 12 order a 13. Very cushiony and comfortable. And the sole will not pick up debris like small pebbles. Well constructed. Good value...you just have to get the size right.

Update: after 26 months of a lot of use and wear, one of the toe strings began to unravel. Longest lasting flips I've ever owned. Am going to replace these with a Reef Phantom (half the price). If they don't match up to this model, I'll buy these again.
on July 16, 2017
I have learned now to stay away from Reefs if you have wide feet (size E). They are just designed for a narrow fit (have the same issue with Nike shoes). If you have wide feet, find a local store to try on a few larger sizes before purchasing. After returning these I went to a discount shoe warehouse and was finally able to fit in a 10 in one style and an 11 in another.
on September 18, 2013
I ordered these instead of their Fanning Sandal because of the low cost, but you do get what you pay for. These are nice, however I find the heal really "squishy" (too soft) while walking and not as comfortable as their Fanning Sandal

The color and quality is fine but the sizing is off as well. I've ordered their Fanning Sandal, men's size 8 (the ones with the bottle opener in the bottom) and the size has been perfect but these were actually a little to small, but I'm sure they'll stretch some. So when ordering, order a 1/2 to 1 size larger for a good fit.

After trying these I ordered their FS and they fit perfect.

These are my 3rd pair of REEF sandals and I love em! My first pair is almost 8 years old and after wearing them daily in the summer months, they still look almost new.....even with the teeth marks after our Border Collie puppy got a hold of them and gave them a good chew. Excellent quality in their higher end sandal.
on June 17, 2015
I work from home and literally wear flip flops all day, every day. I have 5 pair of these and just bought two new pair. They are without question the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I weigh about 270, so after a year they become more flat, so once I year I buy 2-3 new pair and my "squished" pair become yard shoes to mow, etc. in. When new, it's like wearing a bag of marshmallows on your feet. I have high arches and the arch support is perfect. I have no idea what I will do if Reef ever discontinues these amazing shoes. I need a head's up so I can buy a case of them. Buy them, you won't regret it. I wear a 10-10.5 in other shoes and the 11 fits me like a glove.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.