Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 30, 2016
These are, hands down, the best flip flops I have ever owned. A previous "comfortable" pair that I had wore through and the toe anchor kept popping out. I purchased these are a replacement, and... THESE ARE THE ONES YOU WANT.

Full disclosure, I lost a significant amount of weight, and when I first got these, they felt snug and left a band impression on my puffier foot when I stopped wearing them. However, when I lost weight, it must have come off of my feet, too, because now **they are the most comfortable sandals ever and I'm sad winter is coming!**

The foam is that foam you are scritinizing and wondering if it has - very firm, with just a slight amount of give that will eventually form to the shape of your foot. The anchor points are in the right position that they do not rub or hurt your feet, I don't know why some flip flops put the anchors where you weigh on them, but these do not. I keep telling myself I need to buy several pairs and hide them away because I know when/if these ever wear out I will be devastated. I started wearing them and they have become my every day pair of shoes when I can because they are just that comfortable.

I have minimalist running shoes and realize that all of that heavy arch support stuff makes your foot weaker... these obviously don't have arch support, but I wish I could add more straps and make these into barefoot running sandals. They're just that awesome and comfortable, with enough thickness that you don't fear stepping on rocks.

I even ended up accidentally on a few hikes, wearing these. And surprised at how comfortable it was! Probably not the best advice, but... like I said, if I could add an ankle strap I'd try to never take these off.
on May 21, 2017
I have been wearing Reefs as my primary shoes for like 26+ years. Before online buying, I had to go to the surf shops in Santa Cruz, CA to find them. I have around 12 pair at the moment. I now live in Mexico, in a fairly rural area (no UPS, FedEx, etc.). So I had a friend coming to visit, ordered a pair of Multi Stargazers to replace my 3rd pair after looking ratty, (wish they had the arch support of my favorites, Ginger!), got them today, size 7 like I always wear (they tend to stretch out a bit in length after wearing them), and they are GIANT! Like 1/2" bigger than my already stretched out pair! I really do not like oversized thongs! (Flips flops! 😂). I am so disappointed, but because of my location and the unbelievable hassle of returning anything, I will keep them. And be unhappy. Reef! What's up with that? The shoes themselves are fine, it's just that the sizing has changed. If I would have known, I would have ordered a size 6. Now I don't know what to do in my future ordering! 😔
on May 1, 2017
I'm always very skeptical about buying shoes online because you can't try them on but before I bought these amazing shoes I measured my foot and read other's reviews. I'm a 8 1/2 but I ordered a size 9 since I read on the reviews to go a size up. I did and they fit and feel amazing! My last Reef Stargazer sandals lasted for 5 years and still looked like new and always felt comfortable. So I decided to buy another pair because I love these shoes so much! it's definitely cheaper to buy on Amazon than in Dick's Sporting Goods.
on December 29, 2016
I am a 48 year old woman and these are by far, the best sandals I've ever owned. I love good sandals, as that's pretty much all I wear here in So. Cal, but normally I gravitate toward Bjorn. However, for just everyday sandals with casual clothes - these are A+. I have terrible problems with my footsies, due to being out of shape & overweight...and yet, these somehow allow me to walk for HOURS without any pain whatsoever. I purchased my first pair of stargazer reef sandals 5 years ago. NO JOKE - I wore them almost every day and they finally bit the dust a couple months ago. That's really saying something considering I am extremely hard on my shoes. At first, I thought they were pricey for "sandals", but given how well they are made, how long they last and how comfortable they are....they're worth every penny! :) I'm so excited I found them here on Amazon. Thanks so much Amazon!!!! :)
on November 3, 2015
I'm already a huge Reef fan, but these are some of my favorites. They hold up pretty well, including the bottom tread (I wear them probably 3 days a week), the foam bottom doesn't smell like leather or cloth tend to do, the plastic thong is comfortable and doesn't snap like so many sandal brands do, they fit well, and they only get more comfortable with age.
I've heard lots of people say to buy a size up, but I've decided I don't agree. I wear a size 7 shoe and a size 7 Reef sandal almost always.
on June 14, 2017
While I *LOVE* the comfortable Reef soles, the thong on this flip flop rubs my feet to the point of blisters. I normally wear a 8.5, but ordered a 9. My feet are not overly wide. I own a pair of the "Stargazer" flip flops (I think that's what they're called... they have the braided metallic thong) in a 9 and I have owned them for YEARS and I can walk all day forever in them. But these, I bought primarily to walk around downtown, where i work, so I don't have to walk in high heels. But they rub every time. I thought maybe if I break them in they'll maybe loosen up, but after putting miles on them, still the blisters. Sad - they're cute and the soles are super cushion-y.
on June 20, 2016
BEWARE of these. I had these flip flops for JUST under 1 MONTH. I bought them because they were so highly rated on amazon and wanted to take the time to write this so others don't make the same mistake. First of all, they are TERRIBLY uncomfortable. I know new shoes take a few days to wear in however these destroyed my feet every time I wore them for the month I had them and I had to constantly wear bandaids just to wear them. No quality flip flops should do that to your feet. I could not wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time even with bandaids. The next BIG issue with these is they are completely unwearable when wet. This prevents being able to wear them on the beach, when its raining, when you accidentally step in a puddle- they completely soak in water and your feet slip out of them with zero traction. I bought these for the beach and could NOT wear them after I went in the water. Finally, just 1 week after the 30 day return policy ended they COMPLETELY fell apart. I have had flipflops that cost 3 dollars that lasted longer than this. WHAT GIVES REEF!? I thought Reef was supposed to make good quality flip flops but just a little over 1 month after wearing them they began to peel apart. Photo attached. Never buying any of their products again.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on June 25, 2015
I have been buying this exact style of Reef sandal for years. The only reason I've bought another pair every 1-2 years is because I want a different color or I've indented the bottom too much. I pick up my feet when I walk unlike some other people so I don't experience a worn down bottom. However, I am flat footed and weight 170lbs so my toes and heel make deep indentions which over time I get tired of looking at. At the price I don't mind buying another pair. I wear them exclusively as sandals all summer long and even sometimes into winter. They are very comfortable.

Only downside: SLIPPERY WHEN WET! I have nearly fallen several times in the rain or puddles because the surface between my foot and the sole (not the sole and the ground) has low friction. If you walk carefully it isn't so bad but don't expect to be able to run in the rain.
on July 18, 2016
I originally purchased four pair of these flip-flops. I returned two strictly because I did not care for their coloring. I kept the white/tan and the black/black pairs. I sent back the black/black twice, as the left flip-flops strap was wider then the right one for some reason. It appeared they sent me back the same exact pair or another one with a wide strap, as it was still not right. I tried one more time as I knew this was a defect in the flip-flops and asked if someone could look at them more closely before shipping back a third time. As the saying goes, 'third is a charm'. I know I clicked 'No' to the option 'do these provide good arch support, But, due to how cushiony they are, they do not bother my arches at all. And I am someone who is bothered by flat flip-flops. I originally purchased a pair of Reefs with a quilted like surface. They were 'hands-down' the best flip-flops I ever owned. Unfortunately, I have not been unable to find a replacement pair for quite sometime. They do make a quilted type surface flip flop, unfortunately the strap is not as thin as it used to be. I like the look of a thin strap on my flip-flops as I think it looks somewhat dressier. Other than the defective strap in the first two pair flip-flops I ordered, these are extremely comfortable, and has a very good dense cushion. Time will tell how long they last. Thank you Amazon for seeing this through until your customer is satisfied.
on September 13, 2016
These Reef Women's Stargazer Flip Flop Sandals were purchased as a replacement for a previous pair I had worn out. In these shoes, I purchased a 7 as they are only sold in whole sizes. The usual shoe size worn is a 6.5 (US). The black plastic of the sole is very comfortable and is the primary reason I purchase these shoes. The strap of the shoe is covered in glitter, which does wear off over time, especially in sand. I would not say these flip flops provide arch support but most flip flops do not. The tread of the shoe is not slippery like some flip flops but provides traction on most surfaces. I would recommend these shoes.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.