Customer Reviews: Reef Women's Stargazer Flip-Flop
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on June 13, 2011
These are the most comfortable flip flop I have had in years! I find myself dressing to wear these shoes because they are so comfortable. I wear them in the house continually instead of slippers on our hard stone floors. I'm ordering another pair in silver and ordering my daughter a pair as well before she takes mine.

I am so happy that I could find my unusual size (5)on Amazon!!!
on June 25, 2015
I have been buying this exact style of Reef sandal for years. The only reason I've bought another pair every 1-2 years is because I want a different color or I've indented the bottom too much. I pick up my feet when I walk unlike some other people so I don't experience a worn down bottom. However, I am flat footed and weight 170lbs so my toes and heel make deep indentions which over time I get tired of looking at. At the price I don't mind buying another pair. I wear them exclusively as sandals all summer long and even sometimes into winter. They are very comfortable.

Only downside: SLIPPERY WHEN WET! I have nearly fallen several times in the rain or puddles because the surface between my foot and the sole (not the sole and the ground) has low friction. If you walk carefully it isn't so bad but don't expect to be able to run in the rain.
on July 21, 2016
These are my go to flip flops. I had two pairs that lasted me almost 5 years!! They both broke at the same time and I was heartbroken. I was so happy to see that they were available on Amazon Prime and for an AMAZING price. I bought two new pairs and am so happy I did. They are extra cushy and the rubber on the foot is super comfortable. I'm 7 months pregnant and can wear them all day with no issues.

Bottom line: I Love, love, love these!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend.
on November 3, 2015
I'm already a huge Reef fan, but these are some of my favorites. They hold up pretty well, including the bottom tread (I wear them probably 3 days a week), the foam bottom doesn't smell like leather or cloth tend to do, the plastic thong is comfortable and doesn't snap like so many sandal brands do, they fit well, and they only get more comfortable with age.
I've heard lots of people say to buy a size up, but I've decided I don't agree. I wear a size 7 shoe and a size 7 Reef sandal almost always.
on April 24, 2016
They are perfect for what I will be wearing them for. I will never even wear them for one hour because I will wear them from the ladies locker room to the pool, and put them on again when I leave pool to return to locker room. I have very tender feet and it hurts to walk on the cement deck of the pool where I work out. I got the black to go with a black and white bathing suit. I like to have sandals to match each of my bathing suits. P.S. I also have earrings to match each bathing suit. Just an 80-year old fashion buff!
on May 6, 2015
I purchased these a few years ago. I live near the beach and wear sandals all spring, summer & fall (sometimes winter too!). I even wear them frequently all day at Busch Gardens (amusement park). They finally wore out and I was so happy that they were still around. So I replaced them with a new pair. :-) They are a little squishy, which is one of the reasons I enjoy wearing them everywhere. They are comfortable all day long and I will probably keep buying them until they are discontinued, whenever they wear out again. I am very picky about my sandals, which is why I was unable to find another pair that fit so well.

p.s. I am still using the older sandals for around the house outside. This way, hopefully, I will be able to keep the newer ones nicer longer.
on September 30, 2016
These are, hands down, the best flip flops I have ever owned. A previous "comfortable" pair that I had wore through and the toe anchor kept popping out. I purchased these are a replacement, and... THESE ARE THE ONES YOU WANT.

Full disclosure, I lost a significant amount of weight, and when I first got these, they felt snug and left a band impression on my puffier foot when I stopped wearing them. However, when I lost weight, it must have come off of my feet, too, because now **they are the most comfortable sandals ever and I'm sad winter is coming!**

The foam is that foam you are scritinizing and wondering if it has - very firm, with just a slight amount of give that will eventually form to the shape of your foot. The anchor points are in the right position that they do not rub or hurt your feet, I don't know why some flip flops put the anchors where you weigh on them, but these do not. I keep telling myself I need to buy several pairs and hide them away because I know when/if these ever wear out I will be devastated. I started wearing them and they have become my every day pair of shoes when I can because they are just that comfortable.

I have minimalist running shoes and realize that all of that heavy arch support stuff makes your foot weaker... these obviously don't have arch support, but I wish I could add more straps and make these into barefoot running sandals. They're just that awesome and comfortable, with enough thickness that you don't fear stepping on rocks.

I even ended up accidentally on a few hikes, wearing these. And surprised at how comfortable it was! Probably not the best advice, but... like I said, if I could add an ankle strap I'd try to never take these off.
on January 22, 2016
I am absolutely in love with these flip flops! They are very comfortable (a feature of the Reef brand) and the sparkles make them look a little fancier than just your average flip flop. The band is sparkly, but the glitter does not come off due to the way it was made, so you don't have to worry about glitter getting everywhere! There is also glitter on the reef logo on the sole of the shoe which adds a nice touch. I have these in black, leopard, and zebra and I will definitely be purchasing some more this summer! I have used this as an everyday flip flop but I've also worn them with a nice summer dress when I want to look a little dressier but stay comfortable and avoid heels! These did become a little worn after time, but that is to be expected for how much I have worn them. I am usually a 7 1/2 and I ordered an 8 as they do not have half sizes. The 8 fit perfect, so I would suggest going a size up if you are a half size. Although a little pricey for a flip flop. I highly recommend for their comfort and cuteness!
on May 25, 2016
The Stargazer, dark grey flip flops are much cuter than in the picture. The top is sparkly so you can wear them to dress us or also with shorts or jeans. I usually have trouble finding flip flops that are comfortable for more than a couple of hours, but I've worn them all day without a problem. I wear a size 8 and ordered the same and they were perfect. I had read many of the comments before purchasing and I certainly agree with all of the 5 stars. I also ordered a pair of the Stargazer Sassy and they are the same.
on January 14, 2016
I love these so much that I had to buy a second pair when mine wore out after about a year or so. I wore them nearly every day and found that they were a little less comfortable to wear for long periods of time after having walked all the cushion out. Other than that, the straps are still holding strong and the sparkle is still sparkling. I was happy to see they were still on the market.
They're pretty cushy to start but really break in like butter and mold to the shape of your feet after about a week.
I've read a few reviews saying these are too narrow, which may be true for some, but I love that about these sandals because they look a lot more sleek than my other Reefs. It covers the bottom of my foot, but doesn't stick out around the edges too much. After getting used to the look of these, my old ones look too bulky and casual, and therefore less versatile. I can wear these with a dress without looking like I just stepped off the beach.
I generally wear a 7.5 but order an 8 in the Stargazer because the 7's tend to be too tight in the strap even though they're long enough for my foot.
If you're looking at other colors, I also own the beige/white pair but was a bit disappointed that the sole started looking so dirty after only a few days. You can see the outline of your dirty footprint and scuffs around the edges and it looks pretty terrible. I probably should have known better. The gray/silver are the ones to get, they go with everything, don't show wear and tear, and the price is right.