Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 9, 2013
I have an old, old pair of flip-flops from Ann Taylor that have wonderful support for arches, and they are are the verge of falling apart. I use these as slippers in the house in the warm months and as I get ready in the morning, before putting shoes on. My arches collapsed years ago and I can't wear the flat-soled flip flops that you find in regular stores. I have been looking everywhere for a comfortable, supportive replacement that wasn't called "orthopaedic" or cost $40 or more, and that was stylish too. I read a lot of the reviews on the Reef Sandals and was excited to find them. As soon as I opened the box, I slipped them on and was immediately happy. They are incredibly comfortable, not only the arch support but the straps too. Their feet and comfort level are effortless - slip them on and you are immediately comfortable. I will definitely be buying more of the Reef Sandals!
I have had many pairs of flip flops over the years. I used to buy cheaper flip flops, and while I still like them, some of them are like walking on cardboard. And if you walk on concrete for any length of time, you FEEL it later! I didn't want to move all the way to "support" sandals or "hiking" ones...because they usually are just a little clunky for me. So, I went for Teva Mush . I loved them. But after a month or so, they were flattened out in places (especially the heel.) I don't like that. So I bought another pair...same thing. And while I loved the softness of those, I didn't want to spend every summer buying 2-3 pairs of the same things. And I found these. Plus they put some weird gray stripe on the sole of the "plain" ones...I don't like that.

The 2 styles are very similar...but they are not. I liked that they both have a simple strap (which shows off more of your foot...sexy!) and these have some arch support. And they are soft. These are not as mushy as the Teva Mush, but firm-soft. Like you are walking on a mattress!!! Another nice thing over the Teva ones is that the surface is more solid/smooth. The Teva ones are more sponge-like...so sand gets in those holes and is HARD to get out. Which changes the color slightly. And that shows on a black pair. BUT there is a little trade-off, if your feet and shoes get wet (like at a waterpark or rain or something) these can be a little more slippery. It does improve after you wear them a while.

This is the third year in a row that I have bought these. The old ones aren't worn out (like the flattened Tevas), but the color fades slightly and they do get wear. Salt water and chlorine do make them slightly gray on the footbed. I wear mine ALL the time. I even wear them in the house when I am standing a long time! I do wear a half-size, and I chose a size UP. I don't like it when people's heels are hanging out over the end of the flip flops, so I erred on the bigger size. And they are fine. I bought three pairs actually! The ones on this page, the plain black ones and metallic ones.

These feel SLIGHTLY smaller across the top of my foot than the other two pairs. I am not sure if they are indeed smaller or if the slightly thicker strap just holds my foot in more securely. I have noticed over the years that these soles WILL give a little over time, so the fit gets looser. Not overly so, but it does. I actually bought the metallic ones for my daughter but she has wider feet than I do, and she can't get the straps on comfortably. These were not even close. She often has trouble with straps. So, I guess they are mine. I don't wear a true "narrow" size, but on the narrow end of "medium." My daughter CAN fit in the same size Teva Mush, so she is getting those instead. Even if I have to replace them when they get smushed. So if you have wider feet, and love the style and soft sole, you might want to compare these with those Teva ones and see if those work for you...Amazon does have free returns on these, so that is nice.
on May 5, 2014
Anytime I need to go walk around I want to wear these. And anytime someone asks me about flip-flops I tell them they should invest in Reef's. Not just because they're cute! But they're so amazingly comfortable! A day at the zoo, is so perfect with these. I take my kids to the splash pad and can run after them in these, and then go straight back to walking around to see the animals without any discomfort or slipperiness. It's perfect. I would love to see how they do at a beach but just for everyday not on a beach they are great! Sure I wish they cheaper but that's just so I could own a pair in every color!
on May 12, 2014
They have great arch support which is unheard of in cheaper sandals. If you like wearing better fitting and supportive shoes, as weird as that sounds with a flip-flop, then pass up the dollar store shoes for Reefs. These sandals are squishy on the bottom so they feel good when walking on hard surfaces. I am not a huge fan of shoes between my toes, but these sandals don't rub like other brands. I highly recommend and even bought a pair for my sister.
on May 10, 2013
This sole is quite a bit thinner than other reef sandals I've worn, and the arch is not quite in the right place for me. The sandals end up twisting a little on my (very narrow) foot when I walk because the arch is too stiff.

I've been wearing them almost daily for a couple of weeks and they're starting to feel a little better because my foot is making its mark in the soles, but the treads on the bottoms are already getting smoothed out -- not good for my Florida summers where I end up slipping on everything coming in from our daily rains.

So... meh. I haven't bought reefs online before these and I don't think I will again. There are so many different types, and though I love the way these look, I would've probably bought a different kind if I'd been in a store trying them on. Can't beat the price, though!
on April 15, 2014
A while back I bought a different pair of Reef thongs and loved them so much I ordered this pair too. Instantly comfortable, no break in period with them. The material between the toes is soft and absolutely no chaffing. The way the are made support and fit so well there is no toe flexing to keep them on while walking. I live in Southern CA, where it is always warm. I hate walking in tennis shoes because of the heat. Now I have sandals that I can slip on and walk for miles with no fatigue in my calves and no shin splints. I love the support, I have a very high arch and this particular pair has an even higher arch support than my first ones, so it's heaven for me. I normally wear a size 8 to 8-1/2 so like reviewers suggested order the next size up, which are a 9 for me. They are a perfect fit. I love the colors in the straps on these, they match just about everything I wear. For my area, these can easily be worn day or night, they look good, not like your typical cheap flip-flops. Very nice shoes!
on July 15, 2012
i have several REEF sandals. i must have lost my mind. i forgot that these Women's REEF are made in CHINA. and the cut on them is strange, to say the least.
the sole is cut out for a woman with a big ole bunion. i don't have messed up feet.
my feet are narrow. so, there's this area alongside my big toe cut out with nothing on it.
they look like an interstate when the lane ends.
it doesn't really show it in the picture.
the sole is very comfortable. like memory foam. i just gotta remember to not buy these anymore. cute, but i'll stick with my sanuk.
on June 21, 2015
These are super comfortable and fit great for me. Not for wide feet. Not sure if sizing up would make a difference in that department. I walked a couple miles straight in these a few times and my feet where fine. These are definitely well made and durable. This is my second pair in the last 5 yrs. The first pair I bought was from a different seller, but ended up ruined by my diva dog. All for not getting her favorite milk bones after dinner since we ran out that night! So if you want these to last, make sure you keep your dog or pup happy and full of milk bones. :)
on July 9, 2014
Reefs are so very comfortable. I bought a pair on sale at a discount store years ago and when I left them in Vegas, I was so upset. I had them for about 3 years and wore them everywhere. I had to seek out another pair. I wanted a pair similar to the ones I had lost because they had good cushion, an arch and feminine, thin straps. I like this pair even more because they design is prettier. I would love it if Reef made even higher arch options since my arches are so high and collapse easily but these are the best brand I could find. They don't leave blisters like many other flip flops. I love them and hope I don't ever loose/leave this pair.
on July 17, 2014
I was looking for a flip-flop style shoe that offered support and was stylish and comfortable, this shoe is wonderful. I saw several reviewers who said the arch was uncomfortable for their flat foot, I have a very high arch so I decided maybe it would be great for me, and they work great (the arch could be a tiny bit higher but they are so comfortable and it hits in the perfect spot for my foot). And the tropical color is so pretty, the band is super soft.
I ordered my normal size 8 and they fit just right with no extra sole at the front or back. I will be wearing these until the weather gets to cold
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.