- Paperback: 210 pages
- Publisher: Beaufort Books; 1 edition (August 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0825306981
- ISBN-13: 978-0825306983
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 73 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #822,568 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reefer Sanity: Seven Great Myths About Marijuana Paperback – August 27, 2013
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"For backers of legalization, Sabet is dangerous, because he can't be easily dismissed as a reefer-madness-style propagandist. The marijuana reform community should play close attention to his arguments, and the prohibitionists, if they have any plans to reverse the tide, should do the same."
--Ryan Grim, DC bureau Chief, Huffington Post
"A most compelling look...Sabet explores this challenging landscape and arrives at more comprehensive, effective solutions than either legalization or incarceration could provide to deal with marijuana use."
--Dr. Drew Pinsky, Host, HLN
"A clear-cut argument dispelling the hazy myths about a dangerous drug that threatens all of us, especially the next generation."
--William C. Moyers, VP, Public Affairs, Hazelden
"Compassionate and knowledgeable, Kevin Sabet is the most important new voice in the American drug policy debate. Policymakers, parents, and concerned citizens should heed his meticulously factual case against marijuana legalization."
--David Frum, Cont. editor, CNN, DailyBeast/Newsweek
"Kevin Sabet is a beacon in the confusing haze surrounding marijuana legalization. This book relies on science--not emotion or anecdote--to guide us through this complicated social issue."
--Christopher K. Lawford, author of Recover to Live
From the Back Cover
The Seven Great Myths About Marijuana:
(1) Marijuana Is Harmless and Nonaddictive
(2) Smoked or Eaten Marijuana Is Medicine
(3) Countless People Are Behind Bars Simply for Smoking Marijuana
(4) The Legality of Alcohol and Tobacco Strengthen the Case for Legal Marijuana
(5) Legal Marijuana Will Solve the Government's Budgetary Problems
(6) Portugal and Holland Provide Successful Models for Legalization
(7) Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment Are Doomed to Fail--So Why Try?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews
Kevin Sabet is a significant portion of Big Prohition, which installs criminalization-for-profit at the cost of The People.
Legalize. Tax.Read more