Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Reel Life
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 30, 2007
As reviewed on my blog ([..])

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
"Waiting for a star to fall"

Last week, a song came on the radio that brought back a lot of old memories from my high school days. You know, the Stone Age!

Anyway, it was by a one-hit-wonder husband/wife duo called "Boy Meets Girl."

You socks are no doubt familiar with the one hit: "Waiting for a Star to Fall."

But, there are some other pretty good songs on the self-titled album, too.

I used to play it over and over again in the cassette deck of my old 1979 Honda Civic as I scooted around the dirt and cotton fields of West Texas. So many times in fact, that the tape wore out and the lyrics became warped and I eventually had to trash it.

Fortunately, nowadays, folks like me who are still lost in the 80s can now get the soundtracks to their youth on CD!

Mine arrived today, and I've really been enjoying the good non-warped quality of the sound. And, something I almost forgot: I no longer have to sit thru a song I don't like. I can just hit the "skip" button on my CD-player. Back in the day, you either had to endure it or try to time your "fast forward" button just right, and that was next to impossible.

Anyway, if there's anything that's better than modern technology, it's an old song on the radio . . .
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2014
Any music collector born in the late forty's and coming of age in the 60"s and 70"s will remember their big hit. Much of the other music on the record is also extremely good. I listen to this one frequently and still enjoy it very much.
on June 27, 2014
I was much younger when I first listened to this album on tape... and I was first attracted to it by the 'big hit single' on it (Waiting for a Star to Fall) and I liked the whole album when I was younger. I haven't listened to it, yet, as I did purchase some other albums which I have been interested in. It WAS a fantastic experience growing up (the WHOLE album), despite how unaware I am of whether the whole album did well on the charts!
on July 7, 2017
Bought it to replace the original copy that was stolen from my car. Not too crazy with the somewhat cheap & lacking cover but it sounds great just like the other one.
on March 25, 2017
Have the record but needed the cd. Came in good shape
on September 19, 2011
I had Reel Life a long time ago on tape, when it first came out. "Waiting for a Star to Fall" was a video hit in the late 80s. Surprisingly, the songs around that particular track on the tape were really good as well. The husband and wife team trade off lead vocals on other songs, as Shannon is not featured as heavily in 'Waiting', but shines in other tracks such as "Stormy Love" and "Stay Forever". A wonderfully sweet 'keeper' album that flew under the radar.
on April 10, 2015
Awesome!
on November 20, 2009
I feel the same that this album was wonderful and below the radar of quality all the way around. The words and conviction of the singers are first class. Shannon Rubicam is a little dynomite and delivers the notes very well. A "reel" find if I may say so. Always loved "Waiting on a star" song but BMG (Boy Meets Girl) was far deeper, a good band!! Spend the $7 for this gem you will not be disappointed! Also Check out "Will To Power" as they were the same gendre/time frame. Underrated, but fantastic music!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2015
Good working order
on November 7, 2016
Nice tunes for my morning and afternoon commute.