|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 3 x 9 inches|
|Item model number||72783|
|Manufacturer Part Number||72783|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.38 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Reese Towpower 72783 Universal Coupler Lock
|Price:||$14.92 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fits 1-7/8 inch, 2 inch and 2-5/16 inch couplers
- Aluminum body with heavy duty steel lock bar
- Ratchet design with eleven locking positions
- Advanced lock resists picking and prying
- Provides security for trailer when in storage
- Keys are tagged to the back of the package
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Reese Towpower 72783 Universal Coupler Lock
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 9 x 9 in||4.3 x 5.6 x 2.8 in||9.3 x 4 x 8.8 in||4.3 x 4.3 x 8.8 in||3.7 x 5.1 x 3.7 in||1.2 x 1.8 x 5.5 in|
Reese Towpower Universal Coupler Lock features an aluminum body with a heavy duty steel lock bar that provides security for trailers when in storage. The ratcheting design has eleven locking positions and fits 1-7/8”, 2” and 2-5/16” couplers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. The description lists what sizes balls it will fit but does not specify maximum tongue width. Turns out, max width is 4" (not enough for what I need)
2. I should have researched it more but when I opened the box, the frame of this thing is cast aluminum and THIN..an 1/8" to be exact. Like others have said, a few quick blows with a hammer and this thing is done.
3. Overall poor quality.
Wish I never bought it. Will be returning it.
This product installs quickly and easily to a 2" ball hitch. Once you lock the hitch mechanism over the ball, you can slide the yoke over, securing the whole hitch. I like that you don't need to have the key in the lock mechanism to lock it. I have other locks that work like that and it's a pain.
This product is a nice piece of insurance, in conjunction with the locking hitch pin. It is well made and is visually deterring. Keep in mind that if someone is determined enough and has enough time, they can steal anything. This would definitely slow them down. Nice product.
Reason for purchasing this product was to deter someone from stealing trailer but not taking a lot of time and or work to do so. I had used this product before on someone else who had it on their trailer and was very pleased with it.
The suggestions I can make is to offer wider options for other size trailers and provide customers with the option of using a numeric code vs, just having a key. Even with 2 keys provided there isn't always one available when we need it at the shop.
Main gripe I have is since the locking rods sticks out so much it can easily hook onto any opening; like a bumper.
Its better than nothing. But I won't refer it to someone that has a nicer trailer.