Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower
|Sale:||$343.49 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$196.50 (36%)|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Brown Berber carpet attached with Velcro
- Sisal pad is perfect for scratching
- Soft cushions with washable faux suede covers above and inside hide-a-way cubby
- Assembly required; tools are included
- 69 inch tall x 20 inch wide x 20 inch deep
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Lotus Cat Tower in Espresso
by The Refined Feline
A sleek, organic design, the Lotus cat tower is a modern take on cat furniture. Its Zen-like design blends symmetry, functionality, and minimalism into a beautiful, flowering tower.
The Lotus Cat Tower is great for multiple cats with its large platforms and stepped shelves, allowing cats to easily climb up and down. Cats can perch almost 6' high off the ground or nest in the bottom hide-a-way cushioned cubby.
All parts that wear are replaceable.
69 inch tall x 20 inch wide x 20 inch deep.
- Made of ply with oak veneer.
- Parts that wear are replaceable.
- Carpeted platforms are velcro'd.
- 20" long sisal scratcher.
- Soft cushions include washable covers.
- Assembly required. Tools are included.
In 2011, Amazon customers received a bad batch of Lotus Cat Towers. As you may read below, those customers expressed their dissatisfaction in the Feedback section. Any customer who received one of these defective units was entitled to a refund through Amazon. Since that batch in 2011, we have changed factories and implemented a tighter Quality Control process. We are confident you and your cat will love the Lotus Cat Tower for its quality and design.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20 x 20 x 69 in||10.5 x 34 x 10.5 in||10.5 x 61 x 12 in||10.5 x 22 x 9 in|
|Size||4 Levels||1 Level||12||9|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As soon as I saw it I knew this had to be the one due to how beautiful it looks.
I ordered it and it arrived the following day.
I had no trouble with assembly, so the company obviously has resolved the issues that many other customers had with earlier models. It took about an hour to assemble, being very careful to follow the instructions (they are basically just pictures showing what parts go where - no actual written instructions, but I know this is typical with many items these days.) Everything fit as it should and the tree looks gorgeous in our living room - like a piece of art.
The only problem I did have is that the insert in the bottom end of the support strut pulled out of the wood, which made it loose. I took that piece off the tree and used liquid nails to re-attach the insert. After it set, I re-installed the piece on the tree and all seems well now.
One other minor thing I noticed is that all of the wooden dowells fit loosely into the holes. Since these are supposed to be there to add stability, it seems like they should fit snugly into the holes, but they do not. Still, after assembling the entire unit, it is very sturdy. As others mentioned the wooden plugs that cover the screw holes will fall out if not pressed in enough. I light tap with a hammer will set them into the holes and they won't fall out. I was careful not to tap them in too hard, in case I even need to pop them out to tighten screws down the road.
A few differences to note between how the tree looks in the pictures and what you will actually get:
1) The carpet and cushions appear to be a lighter beige color in the pictures, but they are a darker brown color. The cushions are actually very dark brown (similar to the espresso color of the wood, while the carpet is a bit lighter. This did not bother me as the carpet color actually goes very well with my furniture colors and is very nice.
2) The scratching surface shown in the picture is near the bottom of the left side of the tree, between the bottom edge of the base and the first climbing shelf. On the one I got, the bottom of the scratching surface starts at about the level of the first climbing shelf and goes up to just below the second climbing shelf. This seems like it would make this a bit high for the cat to scratch when sitting on the floor. I'm not sure why they put it that high and also not sure if other Lotus trees have it positioned there or it's just mine. However, the diagram in my instruction book shows it positioned where it is on mine.
3) They added a support strut that connects the big, curved piece to the back corner of the cubby, which is not shown in the pictures. This gives the tree more stability and does not take away from the overall look of it. They did a good job on creating that piece to fit into the overal design well.
Overall, we are very pleased with the tree. Our cat is still exploring it very cautiously. She has climbed on it a bit, but never gone to the top on her own yet (but it's only been a day.) We have put her on it a few times so she would know that it's hers and ok to climb on and also put her on the top and she has stayed up there a few hours, looking out the window, grooming herself, and sleeping. She also went into the cubby this morning on her own and layed there a while.
If you're looking for a beautiful cat tree that looks like a piece of art, this is it.
We still have the tree and still love it. It has survived two moves now without any problems. Since moving to our new home our cat now practically lives in and on the tree. She climbs up the thing with such speed and precision. She sleeps up on the top often in the evenings, and in the little house at the bottom during the day.
We get many compliments on how beautiful it is and people don't even realize it's a cat tree. They ask 'what is that? is it an art sculpture?' It look so nice in our new home and looked nice in our old home too, so I think it would look good anywhere.
Still love it and still highly recommended.
Immediately upon unpacking the box, I realized that the Cat tower was not like ordinary cat trees. It is well made and very sturdy. The tree was easy to put together and they included a Phillips head screwdriver. It actually took me longer to clean off the tiny styrofoam pieces from the tower. I know I'm being nitpicky, but I wish they had not used sytrofoam sheets to pack the tree, it is a pain cleaning the mess the pieces that break off the sheet.
The cats use all the levels including the little cubby hole at the bottom. I have a shorter cat tree next to it and they're constantly jumping from one to the other. The Cat Tower is well worth the cost as it is an elegant piece of furniture that fits into most decors. I do recommend trading out the carpeted levels for the cushion set. It makes the Cat Tower look even more beautiful and gives that cats a much softer and comfortable place to sleep.
The cats enjoy the Lotus Cat tree so much that I've purchased a second one for the office. As both cats love high places, it is not unusual for one to be on the top of one while the other is on top of the 2nd tree.
I have one very heavy cat (over 19 pounds) and he loves this. He is too big for other cat trees. This is sturdy enough for him to climb easily and he fits on the shelves as well. I wasn't sure he would.
This is a lovely dark expresso color. Looks just like the photo. You can feel confident ordering this. Of course it is veneer, so don't think you are getting solid wood, but it looks really nice anyway.
I hope this review helps someone. It is so hard to buy things like this online because it is hard to tell quality.