|Product Dimensions||1 x 30 x 56 inches|
|Item model number||1158 DS|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Maximum height recommendation||30 Inches|
|Additional product features||Includes Extensions|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Item Weight||13 pounds|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Regalo 56-Inch Extra WideSpan Walk Through Baby Gate, Includes 4-Inch, 8-Inch and 12-Inch Extension, 4 Pack of Pressure Mounts and 4 Pack of Wall Cups and Mounting Kit
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to fit openings between 29-56 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall. NOTE: please be sure measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit.
- EASY TO USE AND SET UP: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. Please note, before installation there will be a gap between the gate latch and the frame which is NOT a defect and it is NOT bent. This gap will be eliminated once installed. US BASED CUSTOMER CARE, call us between 9am CST and 4pm CST Monday through Friday to answer your questions at 1-866-272-5274.
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 4, 8 AND 12-inch wide extension kit and 4 pressure mount spindle rods. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage.
- SAFETY CERTIFIED: Includes multiple safety-lock features, four wall cups for added security and mounting hardware. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for PETS TOO
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards. Sturdy construction
- The gap between the gate and wall should not exceed more than 2.5 inches. Make the appropriate adjustment to ensure you have installed your gate safely.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Regalo Baby extra widespan baby gate
Regalo Baby is a maker of safety products such as gates, bedrails, bathing and travel products. We strive to produce the highest qualitiy and most innovative product lines. Over the years, parents, grandparents and caregivers have come to know and depend on Regalo products in their home and on the go.
Regalo Baby extra widespan baby gate
Expands to fit openings between 29”-56” wide
A baby gate is an essential tool to contain and protect your little one, and the Regalo widespan baby gate is a safe and convenient way to do that.
The walk through gate hits all the criteria with an all-steel construction, installs quickly by either pressure mount or wall mount and is adjustable to accommodate door openings between 29-56” wide and stands 30" tall.
- Extra Wide: Expands to fit openings between 29”-56” wide and stands 30" tall. Please measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit.
- Easy to use and set up: Pressure mount design that is is quick to set up. Before installation there will be a gap between the latch and frame. This is NOT a defect, it will be eliminated upon install.
- Adjustable: Includes one 4" wide, one 8" wide, and one 12" wide extension, four pressure mount spindle rods, four wall cups, and screws. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of the stairs.
- Durable and convenient: All steel design with walk-through door. Certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards (SHHL1812074349JP, SGS Group, January 2019).
- Safety: Includes multiple-lock features. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for pets too.
Compare with similar items
Regalo Easy Step 38.5-Inch Extra Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Includes 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack Pressure Mount Kit, 4 Pack Wall Cups and Mounting Kit ( 1 Gate Set)
Wall Nanny - Baby Gate Wall Protector (Made in USA) Protect Walls & Doorways from Pet & Dog Gates - for Child Pressure Mounted Stair Safety Gate - No Safety Hazard on Bottom Spindles - Saver
Regalo Easy Open 47-Inch Super Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Bonus Kit, Includes 4-Inch and 12-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack Pressure Mount Kit and 4 Wall Cups and Mounting Kit
Regalo 76 Inch Super Wide Configurable Baby Gate, 3-Panel, Includes Wall Mounts and Hardware
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||TMW Family Company||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1.00 x 30.00 x 56.00 inches||38.50 x 2.00 x 30.00 inches||3.50 x 1.80 x 0.80 inches||47.00 x 1.00 x 30.00 inches||76.00 x 1.00 x 30.00 inches|
Your baby has started to walk, it’s time to child proof your house. The WideSpan gate hits all the criteria with an all-steel construction, installs quickly by either pressure mount or wall mount and is adjustable to accommodate door openings between 29-56 inches wide. Space between the bars are 2.5 inches. The gate door is 16 inches wide. Please Read • The gate WILL appear BENT before installation • There WILL be a GAP at the handle before installation • Both of these concerns will be eliminated once the gate is properly installed in your doorway • Please measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit Regalo 56-Inch Wide Span Baby Gate Features • Fits openings between 29-56 inches wide and stands 30 inches tall • Easy to use lever handle features a one-touch release safety lock • Convenient walk through design • Easy pressure mount set up • Made for children 6-24 months • Can be used for medium to large dogs What’s Included in The Box • One Regalo 56-inch WideSpan Baby Gate • Instruction Manual • One 4, 8 and 12-inch extension kit • Four pressure mounted spindle rods • Four wall cups with screws
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pros: The locking feature is great. It could possibly fit many widths (and does work in other openings in our home). When installed in a good location it is sturdy.
The cons: Even with 3 different extension pieces this will not fit (safely) all openings it advertises. Our opening is 47” at the top and 44” at the baseboards. One extension combo is too short in that when the tension mounts are extended they bow when pushed on making it very unsafe if you have infants/toddlers who will push/pull on the gate. The larger extension doesn’t fit across the bottom as it’s too wide.
This products saving grace is that when installed using the wall guards from a different company that I purchased seperately the gate works great and so far appears to be sturdy and doesn’t bow. I’m only giving this gate 3 stars because I feel it should work without additional products across the whole range of advertised openings.
Works for what we need! Great gate.
I will say though, it's good quality and as we are using it to keep 2 Great Danes out of an area upstairs, I'm an expert on durability of baby gates -) Will it survive a full force attack? Probably not, but our dogs are not aggressive and pretty much just bump it while waiting for me. But that had been enough to do in other gates in the past and this one had held up for awhile now and isn't showing signs of impending death :-)
I also love that it extends quite wide with the included piece(s). Our hallway is pretty wide, so we used 1 of the extender panels and it did not degrade the gate's stability at all.
Overall, I would recommend this gate - with the caveat that you'll need two hands to open it on occasion.
UPDATE: Yesterday, my son (now 11 months and starting to walk) demonstrated he can open the latch quite adeptly when it is not locked. With the lock engaged, he tries and tries, but ends up mad instead. So the lock may be sometimes hard to operate but it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY with an older child. The pressure mounting has held despite his best efforts (he likes to hang from the top of the gate and try to scale it). The gate does move incrementally over time, so we've had to adjust it once or twice, but that's to be expected from a pressure mount.
He has managed to get his foot stuck once or twice between the bars where they curve slightly near the bottom. Getting stuck just got him mad but not at all hurt. Still a 5 star gate!
Top reviews from other countries
1) The latching mechanism is a bit weak. The biggest issue is that the range of motion of the latch is insufficient so even when closed, there isn't alot of material holding the gate closed. The latch is plastic so it makes this an even bigger weak point. You cannot make the latch engage more because if you do, the small range of motion prevents the latch from opening sufficiently.
2) The extension sections and the main gate section do not line up perfectly in a straight line when assembled. Haven't noted any structural issues with this as everything is metal however.
3) The rubber feet for the pressure mounts are too small. The top of the gate can only be tensioned so much as its also part of the latching mechanism. The tension engages the gate latch. However, I feel that the system would have compensated for this limitation in tension with bigger feet as currently I feel the gate can be made more secure.
4) The actual opening is a bit on the small side, so a large person will have to turn sideways to get through. This is also a problem if you have a child in your arms.
As far as sturdiness goes, it's really easy to shake the whole thing. I feel like if this was placed at the top of the stairs, that would be very problematic. I think perhaps this gate is only meant for between corridors, not for change in levels.
Another con - the door opening was so narrow! I am regular sized but it made me feel so restricted to pass through the door, especially while holding a baby, I have blindspots under the baby's butt area, so it's hard to gauge where my hip is. Sometimes the hip that has the baby will hit the side of the door. It's too small.
We returned it and bought another brand, that works much better.
Assembly was easy though a bit confusing at first...the instructions could be better. One thing in particular: when you first assemble it the gate almost certainly will NOT close. It will look like the gate parts are the wrong length. Actually, it just means that you need to extend the bolt/screws at the ends a bit to make the top and bottom line up properly. So don't panic!
The gate comes with a couple of different extension pieces to give you some variability on widths. Make sure to do the math to see if you can get a configuration that will fit your hallway/doorway. The bolts/screws can extend it another couple of inches for a perfect fit.
I also paid for some wider wall "cups" to help the gate stay secure and hopefully not damage the wall. We will see whenever we take it down eventually.
The gate seems reasonably sturdy and the latch won't easily be opened by my dogs. My 2 dogs are 40 lbs and since I set it up for the gate to swing inwards, there's not much chance they can open it. However, if you have a jumper the gate is low enough that a medium-sized dog can potentially get over it if they really try.
The gate is wide enough for an able-bodied adult to get through easily. I do wish it had a small cat door.
Overall it's not perfect, but it's pretty good and it seems to be doing the job fine for my 2 dogs.