Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.76 shipping
Regency Evenbake Cake Strips
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Set of 2 aluminized fabric strips
- For baking level, moist cakes
- Easy Velcro fasteners
- Fit 8" and 9" round cake pans
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Bake perfectly level, moist cakes. Avoid high-rise centers, cracked tops, or crusty edges. Just wrap dampened strips around pan before baking and close easily with velcro. Strips are 1-3/4" wide. Set contains 2-30" bands, enough for two 8" or 9" pans.
Top customer reviews
- If you use dark cake pans (which have a tendency to get too hot too fast), these strips really help slow down the baking process so the sides of your cake don't set and brown before the middle has a chance to rise. My cake was definitely flatter with the strips than without.
- If you use light-colored pans, these strips don't help as much and may require some baking time/temp adjustments. I tend to bake layer cakes in light-colored, heavy gauge aluminum pans (Parrish Magic Line 9 x 2 Inch Round Aluminum Cake Pan to be exact), which absorb and distribute heat slower and more evenly, and the strips slowed that heat distribution down a little TOO much. At 350F, the cake baked too slowly and fell flat because the baking powder had been cooked off before the batter proteins had time to set. I also ended up having to bake that cake for about 7 minutes longer to get the middle done and ended up with a cake that was dry and dense (but flat on top!). The second time around, I bumped the baking temperature up to 375F and that seemed to fix most of the problems I had before.
However, I haven't used the strips since these three test cakes. Why? I find that I get perfectly good flat tops by just spinning a batter-filled pan around on the counter a few times right before baking so the batter piles up on the sides and starts off higher than the middle. Just be sure not to get carried away and spin the pan off the counter (definitely not speaking from personal experience...cough).
This method gives you some of the benefits of a water bath, without the problems of spilling water everywhere.
If you're still having issues or seeing little results after using these strips, then the issue lies with your oven not the strips. I have the same problem with my oven. I have major hot spots that causes uneven heat distribution. This was concluded from baking cakes with two pans on the middle rack. When I bake without using the strips I get horrible cakes. As described earlier, the cakes comes out lopsided, crusty, and burnt around the edges. When using the stripes, they come out almost even and absolutely no crusty burnt edges. I did notice the pan on the right side was more lopsided than the pan on the left, meaning my oven was cause of my baking problems. But, these strips absolutely help with the uneven heat issues. They also helped me identify that my oven heats up hotter on the right side with uneven hot spots on the middle to top rack.
I highly suggest getting these baking strips if anyone have issues with uneven cakes. No they won't completely solve your problem if your oven sucks, but they will help immensely.
Because of the velcro, they were easy to get on and off, and when used together, they wrap around my oblong pan. I'm happy with the purchase so far.
They fit my 9" pans just fine, and I use two stuck together for my 9x13" (there is some overlap, but it doesn't seem to affect the finished cake). I still use soaked towel strips for my 12x18", as the Regency cake strips just don't quite make it all the way around.