- File Size: 2502 KB
- Print Length: 291 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0981871488
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: White Wolf Press, LLC (October 19, 2011)
- Publication Date: October 19, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005Y6S7RS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#9,532 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #20 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Coming of Age
- #47 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- #55 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $10.99 (100%)
Regent (The Balance of Power series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 291 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 10 - 18||Grade Level: 5 - 12|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I've really been enjoying this series, tearing through a new book each day or two since I discovered them. I just can't get enough. Regent, book four of the series, was no exception, and I found the story engrossing and engaging, and I couldn't wait to find out more: the secrets of Dragonhold (Runes? Secret rooms? Hidden artifacts?), the mysteries of dragon riding, the fate of the south lands, the intentions of Thorakis, the driving force behind the black dragons, the demons, or the assassins (Are they working together? Are they a new threat spurned by Istra's power, or an old enemy with new powers?) Unfortunately, the author opens all of these doors, as well as introducing many new characters and relationships, without adequately developing them or yielding any substantial information. There are some minor details, regarding certain characters, that I wish the author had taken more time to explain. At this point, I'm not sure if the author will go back to touch on them in the next installment, or if I'm just supposed to go off the information I've been given.
I didn't feel like any other book in the series was ended in such a jarring manner, they had complete stories that were satisfying, but each story left you wanting to know more about the world and the Herald's journey. Although Regent was equally interesting and well written, it really feels like they just chopped the ending off the book (or maybe a whole half of it!)and it really detracts from the book's enjoyability. Instead of leaving me thirsty for more, I am kind of frustrated.
I will definitely continue reading when book five comes out, but probably won't get six if five is ended in the same manner. Personally, I would suggest putting off on Regent, and waiting until five comes out, with the hopes that you will get a *complete* reading experience by getting both books together.
Regent (Godsland Series: Book Four)
Wish all the series were easier to establish. That is not unique to this series though, It would give more time for reading and shopping rather than scouring the e-store looking for the next one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love the prior series. Great start to another wonderful series. But the ending left too much unanswered!
Cliff hangers drive me crazy! But you'll love this book.
Great start to another part of the trilogy. Hard to put down, never a dull moment. Loved it , can't wait to get the rest.Published 27 days ago by Mike
I would recommend this series of books to anyone that likes Fantasy books.Published 3 months ago by Thomas Isham
Throughout the entire book I kept wondering if I had missed the books previously published. References to previous events that weren't part of the current situations or... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Alissa.
Sci-Fi is one of my favorite escape mechanisms for distressing. This was a good read.Published 8 months ago by N. Bruce
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery