Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cartoon Network: Regular Show - Party Pack (Vol. 3)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on December 31, 2012
I love Regular Show and I'm glad to see it on dvd. But these little random episode deals are getting old. I,along with tons of other people, want a complete season!
on December 28, 2012
This is just such a fantastic show, as is Adventure Time, yet BOTH shows suffer from random bunched up episodes contained in crappy volume DVDs! It's about time these two shows get full season releases like they deserve! Adventure Time already has season 1 out, and I thought Regular Show would follow the same formula, but it seems like they changed their minds or something. There better be a season release soon, and a SECOND season release for Adventure Time, because I'm NOT wasting my money on ANOTHER volume set. Cartoon Network... GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER AND DELIVER TO US WHAT WE WANT!
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
EDIT TO ADD: Regular Show: Season 1 & Season 2 are now available as a combined set!

Now here's my review...

First, here are the specific episodes included on this release:

Stick Hockey
Replaced
Free Cake
Party Pete
Karaoke Video

Thank you Regular Show Wiki!

That covered, now we come to the actual merits of this product.

What we have here is, once again, nothing more than a smattering of random episodes. Like most fans I am getting sick of the way the studio keeps milking this release. I'm sure they're well aware that what we really want are whole seasons. The first "pre-release"? Okay. The second? Grumble. But the third? Come off it! This is a show with a predominantly ADULT fan base! We're not going to just buy any old thing you wave at us!

Oh, and in case anyone's still interested, here's a cut and paste of the review I wrote for the show itself.

***

The ironically named "Regular Show" deals with the adventures of two young adult slackers whose main aim in life seems to be coasting through their jobs as park groundskeepers while doing as little actual work as possible. Given that this is a cartoon, it isn't terribly surprising that these characters are anthropomorphic animals: the central pair are Mordecai, a blue-jay, and Rigby, a racoon. However, once we depart from that launching point things grow progressively more strange. For example, their boss at the park is Benson: a walking, talking gumball machine. Occasionally we even get to hear the gumballs rattling around inside this decidedly sour personality! Nevertheless, ordinary humans too are also often found wandering through this rather odd universe.

The stories generally start out with Mordecai and Rigby facing a relatively mundane problem, such as wanting to slack off work and go play video games. However, things quickly spiral into surreal, and potentially even apocalyptic madness. If this series has a flaw, it is that many of the episodes can be a bit formulaic in this regard. That said, they are certainly no more formulaic than most shows on television, and in any event, it would probably be fair to say that this formulaic quality only stands out because the show really is so original and exceptional on just about every other level.

The artwork in Regular Show is also rather interesting. In many ways it quite clearly takes its cues from some of the better quality, hipper animation from the early 1970's. We're not quite talking Fritz the Cat here, but we're also light-years away from the old Hanna Barbera stuff. On a purely visual level it actually bears more than a passing similarity to many of the very early original animated segments used in Sesame Street. Sesame Street aside, for many viewers the most familiar reference point will be the old 1990's Nicktoon Hey Arnold!, which likewise clearly alluded to this same artistic linage. The style of art in Regular Show is very similar to that found in Hey Arnold!, except that in Regular Show the colors tend to be lighter, the coloring more solid, and the overall composition less dense. Of course, this lighter, more spacious composition is entirely fitting for a cartoon set largely in parkland rather than urban sprawl.

What's also interesting about this show is that contrasted against the 1970's influenced artwork, many of the technological and pop cultural references within the show are drawn from the 1980's. For example, audio and VHS cassettes feature prominently, and in one episode we even get to revisit the New Kids on the Block. The video games Mordecai and Rigby are forever so focused upon also tend to have a decidedly 1980's feel to them. If you're a mature viewer, I think you'll find that it's a show that repackages and reimagines many of your old memories, often in quite surprising ways.

Overall, I would say that if you have any interest in animation at all, you HAVE to check out this show. The show itself I'd give five stars in a heartbeat. But as for whether you should part with some cash and buy this particular release..?

I wouldn't.

Theo.
on June 16, 2013
Yes, it's another "Regular Show" DVD release with a random assortment of 16 episodes like "High Score" (Rigby and Mordecai attempt to beat a video game high score by all means.) "Skips Strikes" (Skips becomes the gang's biggest asset in their bowling team but can they make to the championships ?), "Free Cake" (The duo want some chocolate cake and as luck would have it, the gang is throwing a birthday party for Skips who has secretive other plans.), and "Party Pete" (Our crazy pair want to host their own party, so they seek for some help.). Also, there's another character gallery as the special feature.

Whether or not you'll get this or do have it with the two previous releases, buck up, buckos. And that's because the complete first AND second seasons of "Regular Show" is coming to DVD ! Blu-Ray, too. And watch Cartoon Network for lots of brand-new episodes in which the series has reached over 100 episodes (Who knew ?).
on April 3, 2013
I don't feel the need to go into details about the content or substance of Regular Show. If you're a fan you know what you're buying and have probably seen at least most of these episodes. I also don't feel the need to whine like a child about full season releases; get them on amazon instant, itunes or wait for the BluRay release this summer!

I own all three of the RS DVD releases, and this one fits right in with the rest. Video quality is good, the menus are on top of some fun episode stills or specially made backgrounds from the artists (the Cheezer's tabletop is a fun one). The episode selection is very good, some of my favorites are Party Pete, Fuzzy Dice and High Score. There is one special feature; a character profile menu which is similar to the one featured on "The Best DVD in the World" which frankly is barely worth your time, this DVD is about having the episodes on disk, nothing more.

I only have two complaints. For some reason the subtitles are set on by default, this is true for "Best DVD" as well, at least on the players I have used. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's easily fixed, but come on! How is this even an issue with a major DVD release! I also wish there were just a few more episodes, maybe make it an even 20? But for 12 bucks, it can slide (I wouldn't pay full retail).

So...What you see is what you get. 16 episodes, no frills. For $12, if you're a fan or need a budget level gift for a fan go ahead and pick it up! Great show, lots of fun!
on March 6, 2013
This is my third DVD of Regular Show, everytime they release a season or special DVD I pick it up from Amazon. I love watching them with my grandson. They are really good for traveling to keep the kids occupied.
on January 11, 2013
Regular show is a great show. I would immediately buy full seasons, but they are not available. If cartoon network keeps this up, I will have to do like EVERYONE else and watch them for free on bootleg websites. You guys are losing soooo much money releasing these chopped up DVD's.
on March 5, 2013
Ok, I'm not a big fan of how Cartoon Network is releasing Regular Show on DVD. I agree with everyone else, give us full seasons on disc. please. But I love this show too much, so even if they continue to release the episodes like this, I'll continue to buy them. If you love the show as much as I do, go ahead and get Party Pack. The menu is really cool, I have to give credit to CN that this is an improvement over the 2 previous DVDs. What I mean is the episode selection, menu is nice and so on. 5 stars in my book. It will make you laugh.
on February 24, 2013
I would like to express my disappointment in Cartoon Networks insatiable greed. I love certain programs like Adventure Time. However, I am outraged on how there are now, not one, but five random selections of episodes out on DVD. I will take time out of my day to make sure reviews on all websites that sell these partial seasons will clearly tell people how CN is driven by greed and not to buy these mixed seasons and not to support partial season DVDs. You can put crap in a shiny box and call it a favor, but it is still crap. So many customers demand full seasons ONLY! You may fool the average house mom, but with a little education, my fellow peers will have their eyes opened to CN's deceit of its customers and insatiable greed. What ever happened to producing quality products? What ever happened to companies that didn't try to gouge the customer and fool them into thinking they are getting a good deal? The DVD's cost you way less than a dollar to produce, but yet you want to try and fool the common customer to buy these mixed seasons of wonderful shows. Sadly, taking care of the customer and offering quality products appears to be a thing of the past.

Please don't hack up the dream works dragons of Burke when you put those seasons out on DVD. I will follow the releases and also educate the average customer on your business tactics and lack of general ethics. My voice will be heard, if not by CN, but by the average consumer.

I don't normally complain, but I am sick and tired of large companies scamming and price gouging the loyal fans for the sake of a few extra bucks. America is no longer a producer of quality, now it seems we are a producer of deception and greed. You should be ASHAMED CARTOON NETWORK!
on September 1, 2013
probably the best episodes of all time are on this disk stay tooned for the new regular show video game releasing on the nintendo 3ds in september!