Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Relapse: Refill
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 21, 2009
While I can't agree with the decision to make these tracks available ONLY by re-purchasing an album that came out 7 months ago, the bonus tracks are (mostly) worth the hassle. Here's a track-by-track review from a fan who's been following Shady since the first underground leaks in 1998.

Forever:
Only throwaway track, not worth the 4 minutes it takes to get to Em's verse. This belongs on one of the B-Artist's albums and not here.

Hell Breaks Loose:
A good Em and Dre track. Dre sounds like he's trying a bit too hard to switch up his style though.

Buffalo Bill:
A solid, demented track with the lyrical quality we've come to expect.

Elevator:
Might be the catchiest hook of Em's career and the best of the bonus tracks. This was the right single to release.

Taking My Ball:
Never been a fan of the poppy, celebrity-focused songs but it's a decent track.

Music Box:
Great intro, beat and lyrics. The bells in the beat make me laugh coming out around Christmas time...

Drop The Bomb On 'Em:
My favorite track on the album. It sounds like he got hungry again but ran out of people to battle.
55 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2009
The new songs are awesome. Music Box is easily my favorite of the new ones and the third verse of that song is straight fire from Em. There are no weak songs on this refill. Dre holds it down well providing even more haunting beats. Elevator reminds me of The Eminem Show which is my favorite Eminem album to date so this has me really excited for Relapse 2.
on May 19, 2016
So after 4 years of waiting, Eminem released Relapse! I remember when this CD was released, it got quite a bit of flack by critics, fans and Em himself. Even to this day Em doesn't talk much about Relapse. To me, however, Relapse may be Eminems greatest artistic endevour to date.

Like most people, when this CD released back in 2009 I wasn't really sure how I felt about it, Em was back after 'Encore' and 4 years of struggling with his addiction to drugs. I really liked 3 AM, but what was this weird accent he was using? I listened to a friends album once and never bought it myself. After 6 years of waiting and the Marshall Mathers 2 LP released I decided to acquire this album for myself. After listening to it a few times, I knew this was Eminems greatest artistic work to date... and here is why.

Eminem really captures the strangeness and darkness of the mind of a serial killer like no other. Listening to '3 am' 'Hello' 'Same Song and Dance' 'Medicine Ball' the Refill tracks 'Buffalo Bill' 'Music Box' and the crowning achievement 'Stay Wide Awake'. These songs are all from a very serial killer persona and Dre's beats behind Em's brutal and grotesque lyrics lock in the weird and unique atmosphere. 'Art?' you may ask, 'Appalling' you may say. If you've ever done any research on serial killers and the way they act and what they do, you may gain respect for Eminems ability to capture that weirdness in his raps.

In between those serial killer songs and verses, Eminem is also rapping about his addiction in a way that captures the crazy euphoria and spiral of a drug addict. Eminem said while he was writing this album his mind was all fogged by the withdrawal from pills and alcohol, it definitely came through. With all the weirdness, Eminem still manages to break in a few funny songs and his trademark goose bump evoking songs. Him and Dre rap together on 'Old Time's Sake' and 'Crack a Battle'(along with 50 cent) while also being as earnest as ever on songs like 'Deja Vu' which chronicles his addictions, Relapse and breaking point. I was also wowed by his ability to capture depression so well in a performance on 'Beautiful' which opens with Em rapping in a monotone voice.

The Refill songs are also pretty good. You get 'Forever' which you witness Eminem's first dip into speed rapping and he shreds Drake, Kanye and Lil Wayne. 'Hell Breaks Loose' is my favorite Eminem and Dre song on the whole album and is pretty brutal, Dre really shows his flow on this song. 'Music Box' is another serial killer song, mixed with a super natural vibe.

Dre's beats really helped seal in all the atmosphere with some of Em's best music to date in my opinion. I also feel Eminems syllable work is excellent on this album, especially the opening of 'Medicine ball'.

I could talk about this album all day, but in short, this review is a synopsis of why I feel Relapse may be his best -Artistic- work to date. There are a few songs on the album I don't care for, but out of 27 total tracks, it is a foot note. Relapse to me captures a strangeness combined by withdrawal and an obsession of serial killers(On Ems part) that makes a unique horror corp album that captures a persona of being a drug addicted serial killer brilliantly.
on August 23, 2016
I could rant for days about how Em is the best rapper period. Personally this isn't my favorite Em album, but I will argue it is his best lyrically skilled album he has produced, yes, I even put this above mmlp2. Received in great condition! Took a while to receive but I don't care I knew when I bought it, it would take a while, just needed it to complete my Eminem album collection at a cheap price
on May 7, 2013
a great way to be introduced to rap music and eminem's particular, distinct take on it. there's something for everybody in his upfront, direct take on taboo and difficult issues that we all have to face in our everyday lives. beat the censors and get his music where it needs to be - at the top of everyone's list.
on November 29, 2013
Would have have it a 5 if he didn't use the accents. The beats were dope and the lyrics were crazy. Was more of an underground Album. It was great but he kind of went a little overboard with the voice.
on February 6, 2013
What can I say other than it is Eminem. Sounds great, price is right and purchased several more of his albums from this seller and shipped fast. The extra cd is great, wife is jealous and wants to borrow it.
on April 30, 2015
Tho i pity the fools who where forced to buy this album after they already bought relapse, it is definitely worth it. Tho not all songs are pure fire (The track taking my ball is just stupid and buffalo bill is super creepy if you don't actually know who buffalo bill is) a majority of tracks were not bad. The chorus on a lot of them is really the high point, especially in "music box" and "elevator".
on February 18, 2014
It came really quickly! About a week before it was supposed to. Also there was a really nice note inside :) My cd case did come cracked, but that is no way there fault, and they will send you money to get a new case. But I didn't think it was worth the trouble. Overall awesome!
on December 10, 2013
of course eminem has better albums then relapse refill but this album is my fav album by EM, when u gonna listen to this album u ll have feeling like u re watching horror movie i personally always wanted to see album where eminem would be serial killer or something like that and this dream finally came true, EM really fits into this style and i always loved 2cd albums, if u liked SLIM SHADY LP then u should get it too