Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Relationship Marketing: Successful Strategies For The Age Of The Customer Paperback – May 21, 1993
Featured business strategy and leadership resources
Sponsored by Harvard Business School Press. Learn more about business concepts and strategies with these featured resources.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1. Use word of mouth, primarily through face-to-face meetings.
2. Develop the infrastructure (rank influencers in your industry and cultivate relationships)
3. Form strategic relationships with the 10% who influence the other 90%..
4. Sell to the right customers.
Here are some of my other take-aways from Relationship Marketing:
* Shift from monologue to dialogue.
* Concentrate on substance before image.
* Be wary of secondary marketing research reports.
* In the information age, image advertising won't work.
* Know that the line between products and services is blurring
* Personality and image are always changing.
* Perpetual adaptation makes a product successful.
* Marketing is a process, not a set of tactics.
* Marketing is qualitative, not quantitative.
* Marketing is everyone's job.
McKenna also has a distinctive approach to positioning. Unlike Trout and Ries, he sees positioning as a blend of technology, price, applications, quality, service, distribution channels, target audience, specific customers, and alliances. In other words, positioning is who you are, not what you want people to believe you are. He also sees positioning as changing and dynamic.
When you look at the world of blogs and social media, this counsel makes more sense than ever.Read more ›
This way of thinking is shown in the first concept of turning the “Monologue to Dialogue” (119). The idea is that when both parties involved are communicating effectively everyone would gain something from the interaction. This includes talking and listening to the customer. With this form of communication relationships can be built and products can be developed together. Like a company’s image or product, it needs to be given good credibility.Read more ›
In an environment where customer choice is increasing, company loyalty is waning, and the market is constantly shifting, Relationship Marketing, McKenna claims, can provide a company with an intangible competitive advantage. Though many of the examples in this book revolve around the high tech industry in Silicon Valley, most of the concepts can be applied to any industry. There is a good balance of theory, practical application, and insightful ideas.
This is a valuable book on marketing and plenty of real examples are provided. If you are interested in form of marketing that emphasizes the development and importance of strong relationships, I highly recommend this book. If you are involved in marketing in the computer industry, this book is a must.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I did not get through the whole book, I realize it was not exactly what I was looking for. However, I was able to learn from it which was good.Published on April 17, 2013 by DAVID BURTON
Clearly, Regis McKenna has given a tremendous amount of thought to marketing technological products. Read morePublished on December 18, 2006 by Rolf Dobelli