Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Relatively Normal (Relativity Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Relatively Normal by Whitney Dineen is among the best chick lit novels that I have read so far. Not only did it give me a long hearty laugh on many occasions, but the story also comes together splendidly. The unpredictable turns of the plot are adeptly created to grip the attention of any reader. Paired with the humor, the book makes for a must-read for anyone with an appreciation of romantic comedies." --5/5 Stars, Readers Favorite
- "Whitney Dineen knows how to take the best of the 90s Rom-Com and update it for the 21st Century--Relatively Normal had me entranced from the first page. I laughed, I cried, and I laughed some more--this is one you don't want to miss! Reese Witherspoon will be all over this! --Loretta Nyhan, bestselling author of Digging I
- "Dineen's tale offers a humorous bucolic setting . .. a powder keg of family dysfunction." --Kirkus Reviews
- "Relatively Normal is a laugh-out-loud holiday story aboutfamily, true love, and finding out where one really belongs. Catriona is awitty, whip-smart protagonist whose honesty and kindness is refreshing, and the story's treatment of the various quirky characters is both amusing andheartfelt. The chemistry between Cat and her two beaus is genuine, and at times,heartbreaking. However, it's the family relationships that really stand out.This book is a real journey, wrapped in a fun chick lit package!" --InD'Tale Magazine, 4.5 stars
- "Relatively Normal is a piss-yourself, hold-on-to-your-belly, catch-your-breath, and spill-your-pint-tale. This story is hilarious, off the wall, daft, and you can picture each and every event as it's being unfolded in your mind's eye. This was my first read by Whitney Dineen, but will not be my last. Thinking we should be bancharaids." --A.J. Book Remark
- "If you love Kristin Hannah, you'll adore Thanksgiving with the lovable, yet kooky Masterson clan!" --Amazon Reader
- "You'll laugh, cry, and scream (in a good way), at the utter hilarious pandemonium this lovable family can cause. Meeting the Mastertons this Holiday season will make you swoon with happiness at the wild, outrageous parties this lovable, kooky Scottish clan can deliver. Bring on the haggis! Whitney Dineen does it again! 5 Humongous Stars!!!" --Ms. Birdlady Book Blog
- "Dineen has a talent for spinning a tale that is both hilarious and heartwarming. I loved this book!"-- Becky Monson, author of Just a Name
- "Whitney Dineen continues to delight and surprise with her latest collection of quirky characters in Relatively Normal. You'll laugh, groan, and get all the feels along with heroine Cat when she spends the holidays with her wacky family and finds herself in the center of a very complicated and compelling love triangle. This book is a must-read for fans of Marian Keyes and Kristan Higgins." --Tracie Banister, author of IzzyAs Is
- "Relatively Normal is Whitney Dineen's best book to date. It will have you laughing out loud one moment and swooning the next. Above all it will make you grateful for all the weirdos in your own life that make life worth living." --Jennifer Peel, bestselling author of The Sidelined Wife
- "Whitney Dineen knocks it out of the park with alaugh-out-loud romantic comedy full of family weirdness and personal revelations. I loved it!" --USA Today Bestselling Author, S.E. Babin
- "I loved Relatively Normal so much! It's rare a book that makes me laugh out loud but this one did . . .repeatedly! I will be adding it to the top of my list of favorites for2018!" --Annabella Costa, author of My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend
- "I've reviewed a number of Dineen's books, so I expected to have a grand time reading this offering. If anything, it exceeded my expectations. Relatively Normal is definitely not your normal story about in-laws and holidays!" --Jack Magnus, Readers' Favorite, 5/5-Stars
- "So many LOL moments! I loved reading about a family that may just may be zanier than my own! Don't miss out on this feel-good funny by Whitney Dineen." --Kathryn Biel, author of Made for Me
- "Hilarious and full-of-heart, Dineen has outdone herself. Relatively Normal is fabulous read." --Karin Gillespie, author of Love Literary Style
- "High-class writing with witty, laugh-out-loud humor. I laughed so hard my face hurt! " --Joslyn Westbrook, author of Cinderella-ish
- ASIN : B07H74W5N1
- Publisher : 33 Partners Publishing (October 8, 2018)
- Publication date : October 8, 2018
- Language : English
- File size : 1222 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 344 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 0998862053
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #30,051 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really did not like this book. It wasn't the writing, I didn't see any glaring errors. It generally kept my interest although it really dragged in the last third. Those two things are the only reason I gave it two stars instead of one.
I found the naming of each chapter to be very annoying but had I liked the book in general, that would not really be an issue.
The problem was the story. I almost put this book right down after the scene in which Cat introduces her parents to Ethan and his parents because they were AWFUL - Cat's parents, that is. You do not invite people into your home and treat them this way. I don't care how "quirky" you are. You do NOT invite your daughter's ex-boyfriend to the celebration. You just DON'T do this. For some reason, after 14 years, her childhood boyfriend decides he wants her back. And her parents are all for it, and don't hide it. The only characters I didn't find insufferable were Ethan and his parents, and Jazzy, the peripheral character,Cat's business partner.
I should have put the book down, but I kept reading because I thought there would be twists. There were.. sort of... but nothing that changed anything. Honestly, I felt like I was reading a friend's series of emails to me, trying to justify her dumping someone nice. I kept wondering if this was the author's own story, with a quirky family thrown in for embellishment.
I laughed out loud once - close to the beginning, when I still had hope for the book. But once I got into the book, what I found funny at first ended up just being more rudeness.
I bought the book, but ended up deleting it off my Kindle. Just wasn't for me.
There were many points in this book where the story could have gone off the rails because all the characters and situations were larger than life. Satisfyingly enough, nothing was too outlandish that it became a turnoff, the Author had a masterful touch and kept the story plausible and merry. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed throughout this story. I enjoyed every chapter because every character was well developed and quirky. I wanted to know about each and every one of them! They each added their own element of crazy to the mix and it was absolutely perfect.
The romance element in this story was very unexpected and there were points where you know that things should not be progressing but, luckily, everything worked out as it should and it is oh so delicious and swoony. You just have to hang in there through the ups and downs while Cat takes the much needed time to open her eyes and see what truly mattered and what would ultimately make her happy. I loved reading Relatively Normal and for fans of romantic comedies, I cannot recommend this book enough! It is hands down the funniest and sweetest book!! Get your hands on a copy today!!
This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Author, Whitney Dineen. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.
The storyline focuses on Cat who bring her fiancé Ethan and his parents to her parents home for Thanksgiving. Cat's parents invite her childhood sweetheart Sam, who broke her heart, and his parents to dinner and didn't bother to tell anyone that Cat and Ethan are engaged. Ethan gave Cat's grandmother a gift of an Enya cd and she rejected it because Enya isn't Scottish.
There are other subplots that help distract from the Cat, Ethan and Sam mess.
Believable dialogue and characters with distinct personalities.
This story is described as humorous and entertaining. I did not enjoy it. Remember this is my personal opinion and does not reflect on the author.
Top reviews from other countries
Overall an enjoyable read.
I'll be honest, it wasn't as hilarious as I thought it would be (going by the advertising etc) however it was still humorous!
Cat's family are pure nuts - quirky is a major understatement but sure where's the fun in being square!!?!
If your looking a s!all town comedy, second chance love and some of the weirdest characters then look no further......
The book is very funny, pulls at your heartstrings and leaves you at the end with a feeling that the world and family is a good place to be.
Perfect beach read and you really invest in the characters
Would read more books by this author