Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on October 31, 2013
First let me say that Anker customer service was great they shipped me a new hub after reporting the failure. And they shipped it next day. I have no problem with the CS people. This hub installs and works for about three days and then dies - totally. I am running windows 7/64 and this hub is connected to an internal powered add on board. After the second one died I am ready to give up on this product. I will contact Anker or Amazon today to return this again. At this point I cannot recommend this product.

UPDATE: I did not have to call Anker, to my surprise a customer service person read my review and gave me a call to see what they could do to make me happy. This kind of customer service is really special. Anker your staff deserve a gold star for their caring. I am going to try another Anker USB hub of different design. Will post what happens next. Despite the trouble with the product the customer service keeps me coming back. Great Job! Lets hope that the new product deserves your efforts. Thank you!

UPDATE 11/5/2013: I rated the first and second hubs a a 1 due to their failure. I received the replacement, a different model 7 port hub yesterday. I have installed and so far it is working fine. I will update again after about a week to see if all continues to be well. With all the trouble that I have had with the anker hub that I first purchased. I still say that the company has the best customer service and I feel that they really do want to do everything in their power to make the customer happy. GREAT JOB CS department. I am changing my star rating to a 3 and if the hub continues to work as it is now I will upgrade to at least a four. We will see?

Update 11/25/2013 The new hub is working great. It has no problems and I want to thank Anker customer service for their great response. If you were going to have a failure with a new purchased item this is the company to work with, they were great. Thank you - Anker!
on March 26, 2014
The hub was purchased in mid December 2013 but didn't actually go into service until the new computer arrived in the first week of January 2014. It failed last night. Doesn't recognize any devices plugged into it. Have tried several troubleshooting steps none of which have made a difference. Definitely not recommended.

UPDATE 4/4/14:
Anker support is superlative! I'd recommend to anyone who has had difficulty with this particular hub to contact their support team. They were very responsive to email and after a few exchanges in order to get additional information, they sent a replacement and paid for the return of the defective hub. The replacement hub I received is the Anker® USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter [12V 3A High-Capacity Power Supply and VIA VL812 Chipset]. So far, so good.

***** 5 stars for the Anker support team! Thanks!
on September 18, 2013
I purchased the seven port hub a few days ago to replace a 4-port hub. The hub works very well with my Western digital, Samsung, and Toshiba hard drives (self and externally powered), as well as my docking station and flash drives from several different manufacturers.

This noted, I am having one major and deal breaking problem with the hub. Specifically, whenever a device is not active and running on the hub, it is cyclically recognized and disappears in the Windows Device Manager at a frequency of about one to two times per minute; along with the annoying beeps. The same scenario occurred when I tested the hub on two other computers; one with an on-board NEC-Renesas chipset and the other with an add-on card running a VIA chipset.

I am waiting to hear back from the manufacturer to see if this can be fixed with a firmware update, or if I need to return the hub to Amazon as a defective product. I will post an update to indicate if the problem was fixable by Anker and/or if the unit was determined to be defective. I am giving the unit 2 stars because it is not usable as is.

-----------------------------------------
9/27/2013 update

I have used the hub for about two weeks and I may return the hub before the 30 return day period is up secondary to the cyclic disconnect and reconnect problem described above.

The above noted, Anker support has been exceptionally professional and responsive and is actively trying to solve the problem. Equally, I will definitely purchase Anker products in the future based on this technical support experience.

I updated my initial 2/5 star review to 4/5 based on my support experience. I still need to remove one star because the product does not work properly.

Related, I did discover a work-around for the cyclic disconnect and reconnect problem that worked on my system. Specifically, Open "control panel," locate the VIA VL812 USB 3.0 hub, and disable "allow computer to turn off device to save power" under power management settings. The VIA VL812 USB 3.0 hub setting appears twice and I only needed to change one of the two settings to keep the hub from cyclic disconnecting and reconnecting. The possible drawback to this fix is that hibernate may not work properly on your computer after this setting is changed.
on January 8, 2014
I've tried two other USB (first was a belkin and second was an iOmega) hubs similar to this but they all were too weak and/or unstable to be relied on. I'm using this with my MacBook Pro and the USB 3.0 connections are recognized and they read/write at an incredible speed. I wanted to test its potential so I've connected 2 powered external drives and 3 portable unpowered external drive (all USB 3.0) and the hub keeps the connection strong and stable with zero disconnects (unmount/remounts) even during heavy transfer loads.

Thank you Anker for this wonderful product. Who would've thought an awesome battery company could also make awesome hubs as well?!
on October 14, 2013
I was so excited to get this delivered today until I started to use it. It keeps disconnecting my usb devices (only have 2 items plugged into a 7 port usb hub!!) I only have a usb 3.0 3tb external hard drive and a usb mouse plugged in. It keeps disconnecting and I am getting pretty frustrated. I am going to return this and say forget it. They obviously do not test their products before they sell them
on October 31, 2013
The Anker USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36 W adapter is a slim, sleek looking USB hub. It provides full speed USB 3.0 and works perfectly with an attached USB 3.0-to-ethernet adapter, as well as a USB 3.0 external hard drive. I use the hub to expand my Macbook Air's (2012, 13 inch) USB ports and connect to several peripherals.

Attached devices include a Cable Matters USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter, a 2 TB USB 3.0 Seagate external hard drive, a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard, as well as a Razer gaming mouse.

One thing to note with the Logitech G710+ Keyboard-- the keyboard itself is a power hog due to its backlight and requires two USB connectors. Despite this, the hub provides plenty of power and works perfectly with the keyboard.

The design of the hub itself is one reason that I chose this specific device-- it's slim, modern, and overall less industrial looking that others. The glossiness may be a fingerprint magnet if you touch it a lot. The hub is fairly light, so if you're plugging in devices with heavier cords it may require you to apply some downward pressure to keep the hub from moving, your you may have to use adhesive to keep the hub in place on your desk.

One primary downside of the hub is the large power adapter. The black box attached to the prongs that fit in your outlet is fairly bulky, and generally will not fit on a surge protector-- it'll likely only work well plugged directly into the wall. This is a small issue for me due to the location of the hub in my room and its proximity to outlets.
on April 1, 2014
USB device did not work. I am using a Sony laptop w/ Windows 7. I connected the device to an open usb port on my laptop and plugged in the power cord. After turning on computer and booting to windows I found that windows would not recognize the device. I tried several thumb drives with no luck, none of the ports lit up and nothing showed up under "My Computer".
I then tried the other two usb ports on my laptop with the same results. I am currently using a cheap multi-port hub without any issues at all.
on February 25, 2014
I bought my 3yr old son a Wii U for Christmas, I read alot of reviews and found out this was best game console for his age range and he is a BIG Mario fan so it was a No brainer. Reviews show down side is Memory even in Deluxe edition so I bought a 2 TB external Hard drive which is USB. This USB use plus Disney Inifinity and then Skylanders plus USB game controller chargers I quickly ran out of USB ports on the Wii U. There is No documentation to if this would work so I rolled the dice and bought it. ( By the way Wii U Ports are USB 2.0 even though this supports USB 3.0 ) I kept the External hard drive connected disconnected the Disney Infinity Portal, and connected the ANKER USB HUB and then plugged my disney infinity portal and (2) Skylanders Portals for Giants and Swap force, and all my USB chargable controllers into the Anker Hub. All of them worked and were recognized by the Wii U. Bonus in case you didn't notice this thing is self powered so even if your Wii U is off this thing can still charge your peripherals. ( controllers) Its very small and compact and I even have like 2 USB ports left for future additions. The sleek Black color matches in with the Black Wii U deluxe actually looks like it belongs with it. Last note in case others are wondering I used the Black edition of the following external hard drive with a western Digital 2TB RE drive Fast and Big also long life MTBF better then allother Hard drives out there. Rosewill RX-358 U3C SLV Aluminum / Plastic 3.5-Inch Silver USB3.0 & eSATA External Enclosure Hope this helps other Wii U owners.
on October 25, 2013
Update:
This review is for the replacement hub, Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + 5V 2A Charging Port, with 12V 4A Power Adapter and 4ft USB 3.0 Cable. I have been using this without issue with an early 2011 MacBook Pro. I have Logitech USB speakers, a mouse, several hard drives, and assorted other devices. No problems with the the full size cables disconnecting, and my drives remain accessible.

Overall, I satisfied with the replacement hub, and Anker customer service has been very responsive. The replacement product was shipped quickly, and they followed up after delivery to make sure I was satisfied.

The A/B cables are only loosely connected. Slightly moving my laptop is enough to disconnect the hub. I ordered a different USB 3.0 cable, and the A end now connects securely. The micro B end (connected to the hub) is still loose and easily disconnects if bumped. I ended up using hot melt glue to hold the micro B connector in place.

Some reports state that this doesn't work with Mac, but it does work with my Mac. The connector design seems to be poor, which really limits it's usefulness.

Update: Hot melt glue not enough to keep cable in place. Today none of my devices showing up. I guess I could use epoxy, but I'll be buying a hub that actually works instead.

Update: Anker contacted me and provided a different model hub (Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + 5V 2A Charging Port, with 12V 4A Power Adapter and 4ft USB 3.0 Cable) , one with a full size B connector rather than the micro B connector. The connections to the new hub are much more solid. Anker customer service was very responsive, which is why I'm raising this review.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
Second Update: Anker Customer Service read my review posted here, wrote to me and sent me a new replacement unit. It's a pleasure to work with a company that provides service like this. I had intended to write to them after the Christmas holidays, but they beat me to it.
_________________
Update:USB 3.0 connection problems are all resolved now, though I'm not sure what actually fixed it. Did not contact Anker. Issues with lights remain, and I've replaced cables, so that seems ok now. Revising from 2 stars to 4.
_________________
Others have mentioned that the blue lights are quite bright. In contrast, mine are so dim they can only be seen in a low-light environment. The photo shows a red power-on light, but mine does not display such.

The Win7 system indicates that my USB 3 devices would run faster on a USB port. Makes sense, but I have the hub plugged into a USB 3 port. I've yet to figure out what the problem is.

The port seems extremely touchy about the cable connections. The smallest movement will invariably cause a device drop. I've never seen another hub that was prone to this behaviour. It is my first Anker hub though. I chose it for its streamlined profile, and would prefer to keep it if I can work out the problems.

Other than that, it seems like an ok hub. It's not like USB hubs are terribly exciting anyway. Oh, I've not yet contacted Anker Customer Support. That will have to wait until after the holidays. If I can resolve the problems, I'll upgrade my rating.

This is for the seven port USB 3 hub.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.