Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2008, 7:49:18 AM PDT
G. Rumple says:
Amazon sent out an e-mail this morning telling everyone that release-date delivery is now available. They tell you to cancel your current pre-order, and to re-order with release date delivery. Luckily I didn't do this on my Collector's Edition copy yet, as you can't re-order it. I've been on hold with Amazon for quite some time now as no one knows what to do. So be careful.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 8:07:12 AM PDT
Does release date delivery cost extra? (and if so, how much is it?)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 8:11:41 AM PDT
G. Rumple says:
It's free if you're a Prime member, $5.98 otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 11:04:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2008, 11:15:59 AM PDT
David Jeske says:
I made ths mistake of following the instructions in their 'release date order' email. I was careful to order the new one first, but was fooled as the "collectors edition" comes up in search, but it links to the normal version. I'm currently on hold trying to get my collectors edition back.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 11:16:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2008, 11:17:00 AM PDT
That's not so bad. Gamestop was charging ~$15 for overnight shipping. Considering it's tax free for being online, it comes out about even with buying it in a store.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 1:29:14 PM PDT
Beej says:
I think the email was a little deceiving. If the only thing in your cart was the game, all you need to do is go to your open orders page, open that order, and then change the shipping option. You can upgrade to release date delivery without canceling anything. At least that was my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 1:40:26 PM PDT
G. Rumple says:
I think it depended on what you had ordered. I had some normal copies pre-ordered at a $36.99 price point, and it wouldn't let me change to release date shipping on those. I had to cancel and re-order to get it. Not a big deal, I still have a CE edition with overnight shipping in my cart. I just checked again, and release date shipping is NOT an option on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 1:52:41 PM PDT
Beej says:
I must have run into a fluke then, because that is exactly what I did. And if I hadn't been able to keep the $36.99 price, I probably would have been on the phone this morning as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 2:03:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2008, 2:03:47 PM PDT
G. Rumple says:
Dang, wish this would have worked for me, but the way it was, I saved money anyway, as I had 6 copies pre-ordered at the $36.99 price, and I had paid for overnight shipping on them (amazon prime member, shipping was $3.99 per unit), so even with the $39.99 price and no shipping cost now, I'm saving $0.99 per unit. I would have preferred to save the extra $18, but it's not the end of the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008, 2:09:56 PM PDT
Beej says:
I wish it would have worked for you too! But I just read the fine print, and I'm guessing the reason that it didn't is because you had ordered multiple copies. In the end, you are saving money and I'm spending more (no amazon prime for me) to get the same result.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008, 11:09:46 AM PDT
Red Sable says:
Good luck David... we made the same mistake and all we got was "I-am-sorry-there-is-nothing-I-can-do." It took half an hour to explain "pre-order". I kept her on the line so long she finally promised to have someone from "marketing" call, and I gave up at that point. We are out of luck, and amazon.com will never see another dollar from me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008, 3:00:10 PM PDT
Steven Rossi says:
My response from customer service in case it helps anyone else on this issue:

I've looked into your order and noticed that "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition" has not yet released and expected to be released on November 13, 2008.

I checked the product detail page on Amazon.com for this item, and it appears the item is not currently eligible for "Release Date Delivery" option.

We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.

At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time. If this item becomes eligible for Release-Date Delivery, that information will be posted on the item detail page.

Eligibility for Release-Date Delivery is indicated for each product on the product page, in the order pipeline, or at check-out. If the option does not appear, either the item or the shipping address is not eligible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2008, 10:18:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2008, 10:20:01 AM PDT
David Jeske says:
I finally received a response from my inquiry to get my collector's edition order back. No dice. They did change the search so at least when you click on the collector's edition now you receive an "out of stock page" instead of being silently redirected to the normal version. It's unfortunate that they inadvertently tricked people into canceling Collector's edition orders.

"I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but at this time you originally ordered "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition [CD-ROM] is unavailable to us and we're not sure if we'll be able to obtain it in the future.

Unfortunately, our supply of some items is limited and these products sell out quickly and for the new order you placed [for the normal version] if you want us to cancel it just give us a call.

I'd suggest checking our web site from time to time to see if this item is available from us or from another seller. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller puts a copy up for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has copies available for purchase.

Again, I apologize for any frustration this situation caused you. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008, 7:01:12 AM PDT
I am a little frazzled, I ordered the CE a way back and I got one day shipping because it was the only option. I seriously hope that they will let me switch if they ever are able to make it release date. I hope they decide soon if they will have these for release date because otherwise I don't want to trek down to the store. Has anybody heard anything else about release day delivery for the CE?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008, 6:16:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 4, 2009, 1:14:39 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008, 7:16:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2008, 7:35:40 AM PDT
carnage says:
I have no idea if this will happen this time around, but when TBC was released Blizzard allowed anyone who bought a regular edition TBC (so they could start playing right away) a limited time to upgrade their accounts to a collector's edition (when they were able to secure a CE) if they so chose.

I guess that was because all the pre orders were sold out, but after release day there were so many CEs available that they would allow people to upgrade there accounts.

The down side to this is you are using two expansions on one account. =/

I suggest you just wait till you get your CE and use it con the account you want to use it on. Easier said than done. XD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 9:57:36 AM PST
AnneElisia says:
For those of you have pre-ordered the CE, check your emails. I received confirmation from Amazon that mine will be delivered on the release date.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 1:49:58 PM PST
Gerardo Pena says:
YES!

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of 'World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition.'

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of 'World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition' will arrive on Thursday, November 13th.

We realize that many of our customers are huge World of Warcraft fans, and we're happy to offer Release-Date Delivery to get this title to you even faster.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010, 1:39:39 PM PST
Kyle says:
its not tax free
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Set - (Obsolete)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Set - (Obsolete) by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X Intel, Windows Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars (421)