Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Release Date Delivery not Available?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 14, 2011, 9:45:23 PM PDT
J. Lopez says:
For whatever reason It appears release date delivery isn't available for the xbox360 version, even though the product page says it is. Oddly enough, it is available for the PS3 version. What's up with that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011, 11:27:17 PM PDT
I am having the same problem

Posted on Apr 14, 2011, 11:32:39 PM PDT
A. Bare says:
Maybe it's because I ordered it a few weeks ago, but mine is set for release day delivery for the 360 version... Might wanna contact them about that...

Posted on Apr 15, 2011, 12:15:21 AM PDT
kikomanster says:
Probably, amazon reached their quota for all release date deliveries for the 360 version. Given the big discount/promotion for this game, they got a lot of pre-orders dating back when it started few weeks ago. This happened to me for the TW PGA TOUR 12 where RDD was not available anymore the weekend before it went out. Try to talk to them, they might give you a FREE ONE DAY DELIVERY. Good luck!

Posted on Apr 15, 2011, 12:27:49 AM PDT
J. Lopez says:
It must have been GlaDos or just an error. The problem was fixed, I was just able to pre-order the game with release day delivery. Thanks, Amazon!

Posted on Apr 15, 2011, 10:42:15 AM PDT
are0be says:
Is your shipping address a PO Box? If so the Release date delivery will not show up. It did that to me. I changed the delivery address to my street addres and then it showed up as an option. Release date delivery is by ups overnight so they can't ship to PO Boxes.

Posted on Apr 15, 2011, 1:20:10 PM PDT
C. White says:
I was just able to choose release day delivery with no issues. Also, the default option is standard (3-5 day) shipping for $4.99, but release day shipping was $0.99! It would REALLY suck to pay more for later shipping...

Posted on Apr 17, 2011, 9:50:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011, 9:50:45 PM PDT
J. Thelen says:
There is a point where they stop giving the release date delivery.
They will not offer it after so many people sign up for it.
It only takes around 5 days to get it from the "free shipping" option.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 4:31:56 PM PDT
J. Kaine says:
I just ordered this afternoon, and got the 99 cent release day delivery!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011, 5:32:54 PM PDT
T. Goehle says:
That's odd. I pre-ordered mine on the 16th and opted for release date delivery and everything went fine, in fact the item is being shipped right now and is in Reno, NV on it's way to Southern California. My only guess is that they already sold all the copies that were being shipped for release date delivery in whatever region you are in (mid-west, south-west, etc.) but it wouldn't hurt to call them and see what is up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Apr 14, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Portal 2 - Xbox 360
Portal 2 - Xbox 360 by Valve (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars (842)