Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2011, 7:29:54 AM PST
lizard6king6 says:
Want to get the game the day it comes out but I don't see an option for Release Date delivery at checkout? Anyone else having this problem?

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 7:41:29 AM PST
i do

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 8:02:35 AM PST
lizard6king6 says:
Choose a shipping speed:
FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-8 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping with a free trial of (Learn more)
Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

These are the only options for me, could it be my location (Chicago, IL)?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2011, 9:19:02 AM PST
Dennis Ryan says:
Same for me. Kind of annoyed. For pre-orders the standard should be delivery on release day!

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 10:39:28 AM PST
I'm having this same problem! I want it release date but see it nowhere. When I clicked one day shipping it was like $10. I thought release day was $.99. I'm in Wisconsin if that matters?

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 12:12:57 PM PST
Steven V. says:
I think they'll give it to you on release day. I remember choosing Free Standard Shipping when I preordered Final Fantasy XIII and I got it the day it was released. I'm hoping it's the same case here.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 1:07:45 PM PST
Pre-order to late?

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 4:39:10 PM PST
John says:
You might be just a little late for pre-order, it comes out on tuesday.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 5:11:45 PM PST
Since the game comes out in 4 days I think it is probably too late for release day delivery for pre-orders. I had a copy pre-ordered since August and I was able to select release day delivery(I'm in Wisconsin). However, they probably have a set number which can be send out for release day delivery. Next time pre-order a little sooner than 4 days before a game is released. No matter how soon you pre order your card won't be charged until the item is shipped.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 7:28:57 PM PST
Ying says:
I've pre-ordered the CE edition and have it set as Release Date Delivery but the game is set to release in three days. Does that mean the game will ship out the 17th with overnight shipping and have it arrive on the 18th?

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 8:51:24 PM PST
I am not sure when Amazon ships out the release day delivery pre-orders. However, when I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book with release date delivery the box was labeled "do not deliver until whatever the release date was" I assumed amazon shipped it a couple days before release to make sure it got here and instructed the post office(or UPS) on when to deliver it so it wasn't delivered early. I am assuming Amazon does the same thing for all pre-order release day delivery items; ship them out a couple days ahead of time with exact instructions for when the package can be delivered.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011, 8:01:17 AM PST
burningwind says:
I have received no shipping notification yet and I have had mine pre-ordered for months. Lately they have been waiting til the very last second the night before to update the status to shipped. As for the other people you probably did not get to the pre-order on time. Try pre-ordering a few weeks or months early next time. The money does not come out until it ships so you are safe if you don't have the funds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 8:58:45 AM PST
As an amazon prime member, even when I chose one day shipping the delivery date showed estimated delivery of january 20th. I ordered the first little big planet and chose one day shippig and it estimated delivery the 18th.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011, 1:56:46 PM PST
Howsare says:
It amazes me why people don't just preorder this ahead of time instead of waiting to the last minute and then complaining when they cant get it the day of release. You are not charged until it's processed to ship (most times it's the day before release except holidays which might make it a day sooner but that's besides the point) and if you decide you do not want it you can just cancel your order. This way you can be sure to get release day delivery if you decide to keep your order. I always preorder months in advance and if something comes up I just cancel it, no harm no foul, and if not then I am gaming on the release day. Simple as that.

Posted on Jan 16, 2011, 5:38:11 PM PST
Bob Emmerich says:
Sunday night 8:33PM (EST) - congratulations Jets - and it still hasn't shipped and I still haven't been charged so I agree with all those here who say don't order a game a few days before it comes out and expect release date delivery. This game was supposed to come out in Nov. and was announced in July. I pre-ordered it July 24th and since then have traded in games and earned amazon Visa card gift certificates and appllied them all to the game and only owe about $2 most of which is going away as the pre-order price has dropped about $1.42. I see no downside to pre-ordering. You can always cancel. I think I could still cancel right now if I wanted to.

Don't mean to come off as holier than thou - too many celabratory beers - but pre-ordering before it comes out has no downsides.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 2:00:16 AM PST
C. Schotter says:
Yeah, I ordered it on the 4th IIRC, and I got Release Date Delivery.

I just wasn't sure when it was supposed to ship, I just want to play!

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 8:10:39 AM PST
C. Coy says:
i justwent back to the page to order now it comes up with the pre-order 1 click release date delivery with prime. Amazon is crazy. On friday it wasn't but now the day before it is ?

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 9:59:06 AM PST
Howsare says:
Amazon has a set number or games they will send out for release day. Someone most likely canceled their order leaving an opening in the queue for release day shipping. You will probably get the game ahead of the people who ordered friday because they would have had to log in and change their shipping speed before the queue filled back up. Congrats on the sharp eyes.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 11:22:44 AM PST
in most of my experiences with pre-ordering and release date delivery, i have received the game on the release date. i have amazon prime, and i have never altered the shipping when pre-ordering, it just seems to arrive on the release date. hopefully this helps and all the sackboys and sackgirls can soon play together!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011, 11:43:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 17, 2011, 11:45:56 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 7:39:26 AM PST
A. Taylor says:
My is right on the dot! It's in my hometown waiting to be ship later today! If Ice/Snow or something dose not stop it. Still I am counting on it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011, 12:06:18 PM PST
Actually, I ordered this three months ago, and it says it won't even SHIP for a day or two after the release date. Same for Dead Space 2. It comes out on the 25th of January, but says it wont ship till the 4th of February.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 12:11:41 PM PST
Howsare says:
Did you choose release day shipping or did you let it default to whatever your set up for (2 day prime or the 5 day free?) If you ordered release day shipping and they didnt send it release day I would be complaining then. If you didnt choose it when you originally set up your order then ofcourse it wont ship early and will only ship a few days after its released. I have dead space 2 preordered also and it says release day for me. Sounds like you chose the free non prime shipping.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 12:54:57 PM PST
I ordered this around Thanksgiving time. I didn't receive it today. It states it is being prepared to ship, which means they haven't even sent it. WTF? That is pure BS. It should have been here today. Instead it states January 25. Jan 25!?!!

Amazon can go eff itself. This is the last pre order I will get from here.

There is something to be said for standalone stores. And yes, I picked release day delivery... why wouldn't I?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (135)