Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Star Fox 64 3D forum

Release Day Delivery; What is the use when the UPS driver doesn't deliver your product.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 10, 2011 4:36:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 4:39:16 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
What I wrote to

"I am canceling this pre-order (It was for Gears of War 3) and many others because of UPS. I stayed up from 8 am to 5 pm (had to be back to work at 9 pm) for my Star Fox pre-order that should have been delivered on September 9.

I was two feet from the door the whole time and I checked the tracking at 4:45 pm then was told a delivery attempt was made at 4:19 pm. The UPS driver never came to my door and didn't leave a info notice. This is the second time in two weeks that an UPS driver lied and said they attempted to deliver a package.

The first time I saw him get out the truck with my package, I had my door open, he stopped at my mailbox then hopped back in the truck and took off with my package. Since nothing is being done about these UPS drivers not doing their jobs I will be canceling my pre-orders and pre-ordering my games from Gamestop. The Amazon promotional credit and tax free is nice but it doesn't mean a thing if I can't have my games delivered on release day (Which in most cases is Tuesday, my off day)."

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:32:18 AM PDT
Truk1986 says:
Same thing happened to me! The only reason I pre-ordered it through here was because it was guaranteed to be here on release date. I checked the tracking all day and it didn't say it was delivered... then when I was off work at 5pm I checked and it said it had been delivered. Went home, nothing there.

Looked on the website, tracked it through here and UPS and it said it was delivered to a woman. I live by myself. My neighbors didn't get it.

So now I'm without a game (not the end of the world) that was supposed to be here yesterday. Still don't have it. I would NOT have purchased it through here had I known the UPS driver would give it to some RANDOM person.

Totally annoying.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:28:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 11:35:46 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I went to Gamestop at 8 pm last night before work and brought the last copy of Star Fox 64 3D. I also pre-ordered Gears of War 3 and cancelled my pre-order with Gamestop is doing a midnight release for Gears of War 3 so I am guaranteed to get that game on release day. I will be pre-ordering Battlefield 3 (already cancelled my pre-order I had with and Call of Duty 3 from Gamestop. is nice but I am tired of dealing with UPS drivers and their lies. Yeah it would be no reason to renew my Amazon Prime membership either since I will be getting the new release Blurays from Walmart when I get off work on Thursdays mornings.

Oh when UPS finally delivers the Star Fox 64 3D game, I pre-ordered from I will be taking it to Gamestop with the Gamestop receipt and getting a full refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 2:32:00 PM PDT
ucla says:
Why not take this up with UPS. I am sure if you call their 800 number you can get in touch with someone to file a complaint. If that driver has done it to you I am sure you aren't the first or the last so why let him get away with it? Just because the delivery driver is lazy doesn't mean you should blame Amazon. You know that UPS is causing this so blame them.

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 10:14:05 AM PDT
Chelsea says:
I like the release date delivery. My game came on the right day, the 9th, and I was so happy when I got it. Yes, I had to wait awhile through out the day, it didn't come until around 4 o'clock, but I'm just glad it came. I've never had a problem with UPS. I did track it that day just to see where it was, but I know that they only update the tracking once a day, so there was no point in keeping on checking it as the hours passed. I'm happy with the release-date-delivery, though when it comes to mail and deliveries, you just never know.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 11:53:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2011 11:59:16 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I filed a complaint with UPS twice and as I said before nothing was done about the complaint. I am not blaming I am blaming their middle man UPS (UPS drivers). If the lazy drivers are not coming to my door to attempt to deliver my package I have no reason to order any pre-order games from because they use UPS for all their game pre-order deliveries.

I have been getting my pre-orders from for years, Blurays and games. told me they can't control who they use to make deliveries. Well I ordered X-men First Class Wednesday afternoon 9/7/11 and the A-1 Service Rep. knocked on my door on Thursday 9/8/11 at 10am a whole day before the official release day.

The movie was supposed to be delivered with Star Fox 64 3D on Friday, 9/9/11. Oh by the way Star Fox 64 3D is a nice game I have been playing the copy I got from Gamestop since Friday night.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 2:29:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2011 2:30:07 PM PDT
B. Hoover says:
In my experience, Amazon is fairly good at resolving customer complaints. For example, I ordered a DS game that was apparently delivered by UPS but was no where to be found. I immediately contacted Amazon and they sent a copy my way, free of charge.

I'm sure if you express yourself "loud" enough, Amazon would provide some sort of compensation for your trouble. Although, I am unsure what that would be in the case of a failed release-date delivery, but I'm sure you could barter for a $5-10 credit, especially if you make it apparent that the experience has negatively impacted your decision to purchase with Amazon in the future.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 6:02:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2011 8:23:56 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
It is not about getting a free promotional credit from It is about lazy UPS drivers not being held accountable for doing their jobs. One time my Transformers and Ultimate Avengers cartoon Blurays were delivered to the wrong house. tracked it down and dealt with UPS then send my replacement copies through their A-1 Service.

I think the UPS drivers laziness has to do with one driver that snatched the UPS Brown touchpad out my hand one month ago. He saw the look on my face as he tried to back down my steps. He slipped and begin to fall down my 11 steps cussing on the way down. I just closed my door then looked out the window as he limped to the truck. I guess I am on the UPS driver's "Do not walk up the steps list".

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 7:33:45 AM PDT
Cam says:
so did you get a refund or another game?

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 8:12:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2011 8:21:13 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I brought the last copy of Star Fox 64 3D from Gamestop Friday night. UPS is making a "second attempt" today to deliver this game (I hope driver actually comes to the door this time). I was going to use my Gamestop receipt to get a full refund for Star Fox 64 3D when I get the game from UPS but someone on my job wants to buy it, so it is already sold. I used this same method with my Resistance 3 pre-order from I will be skipping "the middleman" and going straight to the source, Gamestop 5 minutes up the street.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 12:51:00 PM PDT
Truk1986 says:
I received my copy of Starfox on Saturday.

A friendly neighbor delivered it to me and said it's about the third time he's received a package of mine, even after talking to UPS about the mix-up.

Again, not a huge deal to have to wait an extra day... BUT, what worries me is that I ship gun parts to my door ordered through amazon... not exactly something I want someone else to be getting!

Sure it's not amazon's fault but it IS their responsibility in getting the customers their products - and if their shipping company isn't doing it correctly it will affect amazon negatively.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 6:22:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2011 2:53:09 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
You got that right!!!! This is what I was saying about their shipping. is responsible for the "middleman" delivery service they use.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 9:58:35 PM PDT
A. Garcia says:
If you see your regular UPS driver in person I'd tell him about the problem you are having. It is probably being made by someone who is covering his route while he is on vacation or has the day off. He can add notes that come up when your stop is recorded so you can avoid having misdeliveries in the future. I get mail misdelivered to my house all the time, packages left in the rain by the post office and I won't bring up ONTRAC, however most delivery drivers I've known care about the job they do and are willing to take the necessary steps to ensure you get what you ordered. I've not had a problem with UPS or FedEX though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 8:43:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2011 8:45:45 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I never have the same UPS driver twice. I get a package twice week from which uses UPS. It is not misdeliveries it is one UPS driver that fell down my steps. The same driver that got out the truck with my package, went to my mailbox and hooped back in the truck with my package. He must have done the 1st attempt on the Brown UPS touchpad in the truck before he got out.

Some UPS drivers have people driving behind them inspecting their routes. If they deliver to an apartment that has a outside door for the entrance, they could fake the deliver attempt in the truck, go through the outside door, wait a moment then get back in the truck without ever going to the door. I witnessed this myself.

I will order games that have release day deliveries from and the ones that don't I will order from Gamestop. I will be going to Gamestop tonight to pay off my Gears of War 3 game and look for other games I can buy.

Just discovered I had an extra $2009 in my bank account after I paid my bills for this month and another check coming Sept. 30th so I will be stocking up on my games. I just paid a lot of bills early.

I brought $360 worth of PS Move games and controllers from Gamestop (it was an impulse buy, but I had the cash on hand) last Sunday. I played some PS Move games with my Brother-In Law and nephews.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 12:15:25 PM PDT
A. Garcia says:
You can call the 800 number. The touchpads have gps in them so they can see where the driver scanned the package initially, when/where the stop was completed, etc. That makes it difficult for a driver to fake a stop. Not that I'm saying you aren't having problems with that one particular driver, if that is happening the UPS driver will be reprimanded (and probably fired for integrity) eventually.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2011 7:33:41 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
The driver was about twenty feet from my house when he was messing with the touchpad. If UPS tracks the initial scan my address will show because he was parked to close to my house. The delivery attempt the first time about one month ago was at 2:55 pm the same time I saw him messing around with the touchpad in his truck.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 10:56:56 AM PDT
alanisfan85 says:
I personally have never had a problem with getting a pre ordered item the day it comes out from Sorry to hear that you have had trouble with UPS before. I would really push either UPS or with this issue. is usually very good about handling customer complaints. It is a shame that UPS is doing that because then suffers from it. I understand your frustration though.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 7:13:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2011 7:26:42 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I made up my mind I won't make suffer. I will just pre-order games from Gamestop that have midnight releases. I pre-ordered and paid off these games on 9/15/11 at Gamestop all have midnight releases:
Gears of War 3, Rage and Batman Arkham City.

I will also pre-order Mario Land 3D from Gamestop on Monday night before I pick up Gears of War 3 because it is released on a Sunday (I don't want to wait until Tuesday to get it or pay $3.99 for next day shipping to get it Monday).

Games that don't have midnight releases will be pre-ordered through, like these games House of the Dead OVERKILL - Extended Cut - Playstation 3 Kinect Sports Season Two I know this should get a midnight release but it will be a little too nippy to stand in line for a game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3 same with this game Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3 pre-ordered for the PS3. I will wait on MW3 because it always goes on sale on Black Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 10:40:21 PM PDT
Why would you not say something to the delivery guy if you saw him at your mailbox? Coward, grow a pair you freakin' beta nerd.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 3:44:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2011 11:42:29 AM PDT
Andre Flash says:
I didn't see him at the mailbox I heard him. I am in an apartment on the second floor. I heard the door by the mailbox on the first floor open then I heard some papers, I assumed he was coming up the steps so I opened my front door (my front door faces my neighbor's front door, I have to put my head out the door and look left to see down the steps). I heard the door close then I looked out the window to see him going to the truck. The Devil is in the Details. Nowhere near a Coward, but I am a Disabled Veteran if that is what a Coward is then there are millions of us around (Keyboard Courage). SMH LOL

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 10:13:07 PM PDT
Tgh says:
When that happened to me, UPS said they made a delivery attempt when I was home all day, never came to my house, never left anything on my door, plus I have dogs that bark at anything that comes close to the house and they stayed quiet the whole time. I called the 800 number for UPS, they had the local distribution center call me, I cussed them out for a bit and demanded my package since their driver is not doing their job, and they actually called the driver and made him come back to my house that day.

So yea, call and complain, yell scream, do whatever and UPS will usually finally do their job.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 10:23:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011 10:27:07 PM PDT
Andre Flash says:
It has been taken care of. It was just one driver not attempting the delivery and that driver doesn't "deliver" to my address anymore. gets my Bluray new release movies to me a day before the actual release date now by Amazon A-1 Courier Service or by UPS.

I get my new release games from Gamestop only if there is a midnight release for the game I want (like Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3). I preorder other games that don't have midnight releases from Since it will be cold in Nov./Dec. I will pre-order games from Oh the only game I preordered from Gamestop that wasn't a midnight release is Super Mario Land 3D (don't want to wait until that Tuesday, Nov. 15th when the game releases on Sunday, Nov. 13th).

I will get MW3 around Black Friday or Cyber Monday because always seems to have new Call of Duty games priced at $39.99 at that time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Star Fox 64 3D forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Sep 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Star Fox 64 3D
Star Fox 64 3D by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars (234)