Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Phantasm forum

Release Info for Blu Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2012 10:54:44 AM PST
Does anyone have any idea when/ if this is coming to Blu-ray? Does Anchor Bay still hold the rights?

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 3:17:26 PM PDT
I'd love to see a "complete series" set on Blu... Better even, if it was a combo pack (wouldn't mind the movies themselves being on a bare double-sided DVD for the "combo" part of it; though, on the Blu-rays I'd probably want any/all special features, retrospectives, etc.).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:19:30 AM PST
Shout Factory is doing a Blu for II, nothing else on I though..

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 3:02:06 PM PST
I agree this needs a proper high def release from you anchor bay if your are still holding on to the rights. I also would love a four movie collection on high def or DVD even though I am not much of a fan of four because it raises more questions than answers.

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 11:09:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2016 11:11:30 AM PDT
cookieman108 says:
A remastered version of the original film is available on Amazon VOD.

Phantasm: Remastered

"Thirty-seven years later, PHANTASM has been finally restored to its original glory by J.J. Abrams` Bad Robot and Coscarelli, with a stunning new remaster and 5.1 surround sound mix from the original elements that ensures Phantasm will be around to scare the hell out of generations to come."

The remaster came up for pre-orders under the Blu-Ray format with a release date of Dec. 2016, but then was rescinded.

Phantasm: Remaster

Same thing happened with Phantasm: Ravager, which, I believe is the fifth and latest film in the cycle.

Phantasm: Ravager [Blu-ray]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Phantasm forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 21, 2012
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Phantasm [VHS]
Phantasm [VHS] by A. Michael Baldwin (VHS Tape - 1998)
4.2 out of 5 stars (503)