- File Size: 3145 KB
- Print Length: 354 pages
- Publisher: Bantam; 1st edition (January 1, 2013)
- Publication Date: January 1, 2013
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008WOTQGU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #20,655 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$16.00|
Save $13.01 (81%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Release Me (The Stark Trilogy, Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 354 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
So in this book we learn mostly about Nikki, and not Damien, don’t get me wrong Damien is a huge part of the book, but his actions and his past all kind of wrapped in this air of mystery, and as the reader you are right there along with Nikki trying to figure out all the little things that make this guy tick.
What I think is completely safe to say is that both of these two people are damaged, Nikki definitely had a hard childhood, her mother didn’t really make her life easy and she coped with it in a way that some teenage girls do, by hurting herself. She literally carries the scars with her.
I don’t know how realistic I found the agreement Nikki enters into with Damien, to be painted in the nude and to agree to be Damien’s for the time it takes to paint the nude, and yes I mean “be Damien’s” as in in his bed for whatever he wants. He of course is going to pay for her siting for the painting, like a whole lot of money. I had a hard time believing that she would go for this after barely knowing him. But that being said I did like Nikki, I liked that she had intelligence as well, that was a big plus for me, and that she had goals for what she wanted her life to be.
Damien was okay. He’s a good looking guy, well super good looking. But I also found him to be a bit creepy when it turns out he met Nikki when she was 18 and had kind of been keeping tabs on her, eh it’s a bit of a ick factor for me. If you are looking for a super Dom, Damien is not really your guy, he seems to like some elements of BDSM but he’s not really that Dom personality you come to think of for that lifestyle.
Overall, I think it was a pretty decent start to the trilogy and I look forward to reading the next one. I think in future books when we get to know the characters better and have some light shown on Damien’s past, I think it will make everything come together nicely.
I really liked the characters. Nikki had been through a rough time but she’s come out on the other side and she’s very strong and not willing to just roll over and take it. She sticks up for herself and while she does submit to Damien’s control in most instances she is not afraid to confront him or submit on her terms. She’s also very smart and is looking to build a career for herself and has no desire to just sit back and rely on Damien’s money. You have to respect her for that! I thought Damien was very charming and despite his controlling tendencies I really felt how he cared for Nikki and only wanted the best for her. He was incredibly careful with her, but at the same time didn’t treat her like a delicate flower. And of course because he’s filthy rich he showers her with elaborate gifts and whisks her away on his private jet for lunch on the beach, which adds an extra touch of romance and whimsy to the story. They have a ton of chemistry between them and there were some very hot scenes as a result! The secondary characters were also fun, her roommate Jamie was a hoot and I liked how Ollie was like a protective big brother for Nikki. Evelyn and Blaine were also nice additions.
This book ended on a bit of a cliffhanger with an ominous meeting between Nikki and her former boss, so I am sure that there will be lots more drama served up in the second book! But overall I thought this was an enjoyable start to the series and I look forward to continuing on Nikki and Damien’s journey.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic Erotica
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary