Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Rocksmith Guitar And Bass forum

Release date December 13th?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2011 7:47:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2011 7:49:24 PM PDT
Rigsman says:
According to all sources elsewhere, the release date on this is October 18th. Go to google and type in "rocksmith release date"

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 7:11:13 PM PDT
Derrick G says:
October 18 for PS3, Xbox 360... December for computer

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 8:31:59 AM PDT
Hurt says:
Are US Windows games playable in Europe? I mean, are there any region restriction in the DVD or in the software?

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 5:16:06 AM PST
hakko says:
PC games should be universal. There are no inherent region coding whatsoever in windows. But you might need a US credit card/address to buy DLC.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 3:33:55 PM PST
PhilBaap says:
Will this game run on a mac???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 11:21:48 AM PST
Doubtful. Although UbiSoft hasn't released the minimum specifications required for the game, it's built for PC's which usually means running Windows. The only way to run it on a Mac is by Boot Camp or a virtual PC (Parallels, VM Fusion, or VirtualBox) with Windows installed.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 5:46:36 PM PST
Rocksmith PC has been delayed till next spring.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 4:39:52 PM PST
Rigsman says:
WTF? I've been waiting for this for months. How could something that simply needed to be ported to the PC suddenly need to be delayed for 5 months? Did some console company pull an AT&T and pay for exclusivity through the holiday season to try and sell an extra couple xboxes? I hope they paid well, cuz I'm putting my guitar back in the basement and finding something else to spend my $80 on. Maybe I'll pick up a "used" copy somewhere down the line but there's no way Ubisoft's seeing a dime from me after this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 10:51:38 PM PST
MAN! I dont want to have to get a frekin consol just for this game! LAME!

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 5:06:30 AM PST
Video game development isn't as easy as you may think. The company that makes this game is a small company. It's not actually "UBISoft" that is making the game, they are just publishing it. They got a lot of bugs sent to them since the release of the console games so now they are working on those bugs and then have to implement them on the PC as well. Not everyone has internet, so why would they knowing release a video game that is buggy? I understand that a lot of people may have been looking forward to getting this game "even if it's buggy because a patch will fix that" but you have to realize that accessibility to internet isn't a given for every customer so they need to do it right the first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2011 12:36:30 AM PST
I'm sorry, but I'm not terribly sympathetic. I already bought the 1/4" - to - USB cable a month ago in anticipation of receiving this product THIS WEEK.

Now that I'm looking to track my order, I find the software is being delayed HALF A YEAR???
Not cool.
I want more explanation (from them)!

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:06:35 AM PDT
Shadownian says:
Are u F-ing kidding me?? I wanted this for december last year...and it got delayed cause the consoles had "issues"....so they make the new date for may...a whole fricken 6 months later....now that may is finally here...i look on here to get an exact day and i see december 13th?!?! Wth...another 6 fricken months!! Are you fricken kidding me? Ubisoft lost alot of potential customers when they delayed it by 6 months the first time...I dont think even the hardcore fans of this game who have been waiting all this time (like myself) will even bother waiting another 6 months. This is just out right....total...rrgggrr....well i cant say what im thinking and not get banned or something from the site.
Ubisoft...i will NEVER...buy one of your products again.

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:41:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 7:45:05 PM PDT
After they postponed this game right before Christmas, they put up a new date that was close to my birthday and I thought, "Great...a fantistic b-day present to me!"

Now, they put up a date of December 31st????

Little note to the makers of this game, there are more people with computers than XBox's.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 4:15:50 PM PDT
M. Pacheco says:
Well, now there is an October date. Unfortunately, I think I am just going to give up on this game. Oh well.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 2:40:44 PM PDT
zerker says:
I gave up and bought another software suit. fuggit

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 4:31:37 PM PDT
Rigsman says:
Want to share what you chose?

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 6:00:33 PM PDT
dss says:
I bought rock prodigy which is an iPad app. There are several cables that let you plug in the guitar. It's fun, but I'm still looking forward to Rocksmith. Someday :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
3.9 out of 5 stars (378)