Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2012, 4:39:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012, 4:53:37 PM PDT
... what's the deal? Looking forward to this. Hopefully the slippage is because the authors are taking the time to make the very best low-fat recipes. I'll be comparing them with the recipes from McDougall's 'The Starch Solution', so the competition is fierce!

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 3:50:49 PM PDT
psychdoc says:
Fresh produce (fruits and veggies) trumps starch anyday. I strongly prefer Dr. Furhman's approach to McDougall's... as the overabundance of starch (potatoes, pasta, rice) decreases the amount of nutrients and antioxidants we are able to take via a high-produce plan. (Both of these doctor's use a low-fat primarily vegan approach... though one is more starch based while the other is more produce based.) Starch generally tends to be more higher glycemic than other fruits and veggies anyways. Furhman also advocates the use of beans as a starch source, but doesn't emphasize all the grains. You'll get a whole lot more nutrient bang for your buck that way.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 4:44:12 PM PDT
Off topic, but ok .... After reading The Starch Solution, I'm not the least bit concerned about nutrition on McDougall's plan. I don't worry too much about following the exact recommended veggies/starch ratio, but it is important to realize that *whole* food starches are very satisfying *and* nutritious.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer