Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on August 26, 2015
Here's what one of my 10-year-old students had to say about the book:

"If you haven't read Remarkable yet, you should go get it! It is one of the best books I have read. It really is "remarkable." The writing is complex. The language is weird and goofy and it will make you laugh out loud. There are so many funny story lines and characters to keep you entertained.

The story is mostly about a girl named Jane who is the only normal girl in her town. She is the only one not in the Gifted School for the Remarkably Gifted until the Grimlet twins show up. They cause all sorts of trouble such as covering the whole school in blue powder and creating a huge artificial storm. Jane is also dealing with pirates rummaging through the town, secret identities, and her peculiar family.

There are a lot of different characters with long, formal names. Here are just a few:

Captain Rojo Herring: Captain Rojo Herring is not your typical pirate. He has good manners, lives in a mansion on the top of Remarkable Hill, and he plays the fiddle. Maybe he isn't who you think he is. ;)

Anderson Brigby Bright III: Anderson Brigby Bright III is very full of himself. Most girls think he's handsome, but Lucinda Wilhemina Hinojosa barely even notices him. He tries to impress her by painting her a photorealistic portrait (he's a "remarkable" artist) and by singing (although he sounds like an injured animal)

Penelope Hope Adelaide Cataline: Penelope Hope Adelaide Catalina is a math genius who took Jane's name. (Jane was too plain for such a name.) She helps important people calculate ridiculous equations."
on October 30, 2014
Have you ever felt so inviibke and plain it's like no one can even see you? This is how a girl named Jane Doe feels. Jane belongs to the remarkable Doe family. The Doe family lives in a town where everyone and everything is so remarkable it is called Remarkable. Nobody ever bothers to remember Jane's name or anything about her. Along her journey of trying to find her talent she makes some rather peculiar friends. She is also faced with a problem only she can solve. Not even her math guru of a sister can solve this problem. Could she be remarkable after all?
The theme of this story is everybody has a talent - you just may have not found it yet. You may think you're invisible, but you're not.

The main characters are Jane Doe, her mother Angelina Mona Linda Doe, her father Anderson Brigby Bright Doe II, her older brother Anderson Brigby Bright Doe III, and her little sister Penelope Hope Adelaide Catalina Doe. There are also her two peculiar friends, the Grimlet twins and her strange pirate friend who are peculiar because of the pranks they pull and their strange backgrounds.

This book was amazing! It teaches such a good lesson because she is on a journey searching for her talent and spirit.
This is a great book and I would reccomend it to anybody!
on December 11, 2013
Both my daughter (10) and I read it. It was an enjoyable light read for me with lots of odd details and funny bits for young readers. My daughter loved it - in particular the twins who misbehaved so much yet invented a working weather machine. All kids sometimes feel like Jane - an ordinary kid not sure where they fit in in the world. In this book, bad kids can be triumphant and turn out to not be so bad after all. Ordinary kids really are extraordinary in their own perhaps undiscovered way. And, yes, an awful teacher can really turn out to be an amazing pirate that makes you walk the plank out the window when you are bed. This is certainly stuff to feed the imagination of a child yet impart some valuable lessons. While the book isn't meaty enough for me, my daughter loved it, was really entertained by it's quirky creativity, and I think it made her feel better about herself. I definitely recommend it for the 4th - 5th grade age group.
on February 2, 2013
The book Remarkable is a remarkable book. The main character in this book learns that she is remarkable because she isn't remarkable. In her town that is exactly what makes her special. This book was full of interesting characters and mystery. My favorite characters were the crazy pirates that come to the town to find their lost captain. No one in this book is exactly what they seem and that makes it very interesting. You just never know what you are going to learn about each character. Through reading this book you can see that everyone is remarkable at something and no one is remarkable at everything. I found this book to be very entertaining and quite funny. I would recommend reading the book Remarkable if you are ready for a laugh. It is a great book.
on January 13, 2015
I would definitely recommend this to any girl from 8 to12. I am only ten, I haven't read a lot of these 42 chapter books. Oddly enough I didn't mind the length, in fact I wanted it to last forever.
One of my favorite parts was when Jane got her own dog. Personally I have wanted a dog for years. When I got my dog Abbie I was so happy. I can only imagine how many thoughts were going through Jane's head.
on May 6, 2012
REMARKABLE isn't just a story, it's an EVENT with the feel of an instant classic. Everything about it from Jane, the evil Grimlet twins and the pirates, not to mention all the other quirky characters, makes for a delightful adventure that kept me eager to turn every page. The sign of great kid's lit is a book that grown-ups can enjoy as much as children and REMARKABLE exceeds that mark!
on December 1, 2013
Great story that was a lot of fun to read. The characters are interesting and endearing and the book is full of lots of laughs.
on December 23, 2015
I love this book not only do the characters all have a secret or something that u never knew but there is always a new surprise just around the corner I just love this book read it read it!!!😊
on January 14, 2014
I read this book because a friend wrote it, but I really enjoyed the premise and the style. Foley has wit and a wonderful message about the advantages and disadvantages of being remarkable. My niece (11) dove right in and seems to be enjoying it as well.
on April 14, 2015
I am 10 years old and I really enjoyed this book. I think it's so good that it tied with my all time favorite book, (Smells Like Dog).
Written by my daughter.