Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

83%
17%

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on March 15, 2015
I bought this book after reading about it on Natalie Chanin's website. One thing I really like about it, that is different from other cookbooks, is that there are stories with the recipes. How cool is that? You get to hear about how the recipe evolved or where it originated from. My husband and I have something new to talk about at dinner (well, I talk, he listens!).
Oh and the recipes? Awesome! I have a least 18 earmarked for my husband to try.
on April 23, 2013
Moreton Neal shares the best of her late husband , Bill Neal. Anecdotes, treasured recipes from La Residence, Crook's Corner and his home files make this a treasure for any cook!
on December 7, 2012
I have read about Bill Neal and heard about his style of cooking. I was prompted to buy the book after trying the Shrimp and Grits recipe that was on a bag of Crooked Creek grits that I had bought.
on August 5, 2006
Bill Neal was and is the consensus visionary leader of the Southern cooking renaissance. This book by his ex-wife and business partner provides a unique vantage point to his development as a chef and food writer. The recipes contained therein are a motherlode of food ideas and formulas. Buy this one and celebrate food and the best of the American family that carries on even when divorce splinters its legal union. This is great food and family values all in one place. Precious reading.
on June 26, 2015
Not worth the read - stick with the original Bill Neal.