Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,177 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,423 reviews
on April 30, 2013
I have two thoughts on this item after purchase and use: [1] I did read the product description in any detail and thus I was disappointed that it was not a corded clipper. I am not fond of chargers after living with a cell-phone for awhile. [2] This product comes with two combs, a "balding Combe" and a "regular comb." I use the latter and the big problem that I have with it, is that it clogs up with hair clippings of less than 1/8 inch. I had to keep using an old toothbrush to clear it several times. I am also concerned that oiling it from time-to-time presents somewhat of a problem because it isn't easy to remove other parts to get to the area that wants the oil.

All-in-all, I found that the price more than pays for itself when one considers that in a large city like I live in, haircuts are expensive (inclusive of tips) at about $20.00. So, I am saving some money. But had I to do it all over again, I would have purchased a corded electric clipper with various size heads like the barbers have in their shops.
on February 6, 2014
The clipper works great most of the time.

It's not always clear if it's being charged, is fully charged, or what in the world is going on with the charging system.

It seems confused as well. Sometime it will start up with a great deal of cutting enthusiasm and sometime it barely works and will not cut even though I have had it on the charging station for 2-3 days.

So there I am sitting in a chair with barber's cape etc. and my wife is unable to proceed at that time. Very disappointing.

Had one previously and it had the same problem. The charging light stopped working after 1 month. This clipper lasted 1 year then stopped working altogether.
I've been using this product for the past three months, and I couldn't be more pleased. It produces the same quality haircut as the barber shop, and it's as quick and convenient as shaving.

I have to admit, I did not have high expectations when I ordered this product from Amazon. After it arrived, it took me another month to work up the courage to use it. Finally, on the first day of my vacation, when I knew I would have time to grow out my hair a bit if the clipper made a mess of things, I took the plunge.

It turns out that the clipper is incredibly easy to use. Because of the curved design and bidirectional cutters, the optimal motion is very similar to shaving. You just "comb" the clipper back and forth around your head until you've covered all areas. It's amazingly simple and produces very even results. You can literally use it with your eyes closed.

I have not had the problem noted by another reviewer of clogged blades. I keep my hair trimmed short (about 1/4 inch, or the No. 2 comb on a traditional hair clipper), and the short hairs just fall away. I suspect that this trimmer is really only suitable for short hair.

Two issues you should note, though:
1) The trimmer comes from the factory with the balding comb attached. You need to pop it off and replace it with the comb that let's you set hair length. This is a silly way to ship the clipper -- unless you read the instructions carefully, you might miss this important detail and end up with an essentially shaved head. Remington should ship it with the safer comb and let you switch to the balding comb.
2) The trimmer doesn't have a battery gauge like many shavers, and it cannot run directly off AC power (it won't turn on when plugged into the charger). This can be inconvenient if the trimmer runs out of power half way through a haircut. I've made it a habit to charge the trimmer once a month whether it needs it or not. A batter gauge would be nice. [Update 19 March 2011: The clipper is now about 2 1/2 years old, and the batteries don't seem to hold a charge as well any more. The clipper still works fine, but now I need to charge it after every use, or the battery dies half way through the next haircut. I wish the batteries were replaceable. I bought another one last month in case the batteries on the original fail completely.]

Bottom line: This clipper has exceeded my expectations. It allows me to cut my own (admittedly short) hair at home as easily as shaving, rather than having to make trips to the barber shop. It has already paid for itself, let's me cut my hair more frequently (and therefore avoid the "hey, you got your hair cut" syndrome when I'd let it get too long before cutting), and is super convenient. What a nice surprise.
on March 24, 2014
I say buy this product, you cant go wrong. Wish I would have had this years ago. This is great if you like your sides short with partial full top hair. You can set the guide to shorten long hair, so if you like it long, move the clipper slow and clean by blowing every 2 passes max. Found that the slower you move it the more even the cut. Soldiers would love this. None of the other issues I read about. I think a lot of products get a bad wrap because of abuse and neglect of battery charge.
on July 18, 2013
I gave this a five because it does what it says. I dial the longest setting of 1/2 inch, and put it flat on the hair, and go back and forth. I cut my hair in about 5 minutes, and it's a really good cut. I saw some stating it cut their hair incorrectly, but that is probably because the held it at an angle, which would then cut it shorter that what they dialed on the settings. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want to wait for the barbers' or hairdressers' hair cut.
on July 19, 2015
The Remington Short Cut Clipper works great for me, I used it for the first time today. I keep my hair super short, This clipper system is easy and fast. I use to use the clippers that I had to plug into an electrical outlet, These bad boys are rechargeable and works perfect for a nice even cut. You cant go wrong with this clipper, I really love it.
on January 1, 2010
I'll agree with the others who complained about the battery life. I've had this now for 8 months. It certainly never held the advertised 40 minute charge. Now, it can barely go 2 or 3 minutes. I gave it 2 stars because I liked the job that it did cutting my thinning hair when I first got it. However, until they fix the battery problem, it quickly becomes unusable and for that it deserves only one star.
on January 10, 2015
This worked perfect ay first I was nervous and did a just ok job but the second time I used it on 3 and went back and forth and really use it in all direction and worked great. For the nay Sayers use it with a firm hand not gently and you will be happy with the results. Alan
on February 26, 2012
Didn't work that well on my flat top, but it can't be beat for a convienent way to trim body hair. Fast and easy to use. Much better than my dedicated trimmer, which is now in a box in the attic...
on March 4, 2017
paid for itself many times over and still cuts good

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.