Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 255 reviews
on August 21, 2013
This is one of the best flashlights I have found in years. I now have 6 of these Flashlights!
Here is it strengths, and reasons why I recommend this flashlight.

1. It is an all-metal body.
2. It is lightweight. 8 ounces empty, 14 ounces with batteries (approx.)
3 it has a slim design and rubber grip-- easily fits into My Wife's, Daughter's and my hands.
----- a rubber grip to make holding it great without slipping even with wet or sticky hands.
4. LED bulb for long life. For both bulb and battery life! Not one bulb has burned out!
------ It is also a very Bright light (with two intensities)

5 easily fit into glove boxes or suitcases
6. C batteries are a great. D cells make the flashlight too big. AA's don't have the life or power.
7. It is very rugged. This is one of the best feature!!!!
--- I have lost count on the number of times I dropped my first flashlight
---And it still looks new
---And the light still work.

. ****Also****
---Despite the number of drops my first flashlight endured. I can still open and close the battery compartment.
----------The treads line up, screw on /off without a problem, won't cross thread!

10. The switch is a rubber enclosed, (in brand-x flashlight I ruin the switch long before I wear out the body)
----This switch is still going strong, despite that I have a habit of just turning the switch on and off a dozen times
---- From where I store my flashlight to where I need it. (And my daughter is worse)

******** I tried my best to destroy this flashlight with what accounts for my "normal wear", untold drops, spills, packet it for every trip, car ride ***********

--------Now
------------I have one in every car we own. It' fits nicely in the glove box!
------------My toolbox
------------I keep it at the bedside table for the middle of the night emergencies. (My wife bedside as well)
------------I go to have to get my daughter one, because she keeps taking mine.

If I put all six of the flashlights on the table, the oldest flashlight still looks as good as the newest one!

You will not regret buying this flashlight if you want one that you can count one.
on November 13, 2013
Very disappointed. Shot a deer this season around dusk. I located blood trail, but thought it would have been easier with some help. Heard about these lights, so tried it. Very disappointed. This should not be marketed as a blood trail light. I tested in back yard with real fresh blood on a dried leaf next to others and no difference. Hit it with my normal bright white light and Bam. For 9 bucks its a light I gave my 5 year old to play with, the red and purple color lights entertain him enough and he feels like he's hunting now. Don't waste money for blood tracking.
on February 10, 2014
Pros:
Nice sturdy build
Rubber Grip
Wrist Strap
Great battery life
Incredible brightness

Cons:
A little pricey IMO. I got it for under 20 on cyber Monday but that still makes it more expensive than a Maglite 3-C..
I'm not a fan of the "loose fitting" end cap. The batteries have room to move around making it feel cheap sometimes.

Overall this is a great light and I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying it.
I've been very happy with it.
The Maglite will offer some things that this light does not, but this light excels in areas that the Maglite neglects.
You can't go wrong with either, but I actually find this one slightly preferable.
on April 11, 2014
I have no complaints on this flashlight except that it is expensive and the beam is not as bright as my 2 AA flashlight. However, it lasts much longer and its heavy enough to mug a mugger. It definately falls into the batton category, or cop flashlight. Its built heavy but I have had only a month and cannot attest to durability.

I did leave it on all night for 6 hours when I fell asleep and it was just as bright when I woke as when i dozed off. So, it surely has efficient use of power built into its formula and it succeeeds to my estimation. I have deliberately been a little abusive power wise. I leave it on with beam facing table and let it shine for half hour here and there. I walk outside and leave it on for hour and half wile walking dog at night. And, I feel the brightness is the same as when i first put in the batteries. I have an extra set and actually just now swapped them out to test if this theory is true. And, indeed it is 95% as bright as with new batteries. So there ya go for my review.

I gave 4 star to get the attention of buyers that this guy is heavy, not a pocket type flashlight. To speak to the 180 brightness, and that it indeed is bright enough for nearly all walking and messing about work outside. But it is not wide beamed, and the low and high settings are very close to my eye, and therefore not a valuable benefit, imho. It has demonstrated to me that it is designed to be very long lasting and sturdy. So dont buy this flashlight if you intend to slip it in your pocket, or use for a wide beam, or if you are tight on your budget. There are flashlights that cost half as much, and equally sturdy, and stronger beamed. But if you are security guard or cop, and need a baton, and need to see in dark recesses and dark corners as you patrol, this is your baby.
on April 14, 2017
Rayovac Sportsman 110 Lumen 2AA LED
I love it. Like a mini maglite but better. Nice holster. Beautiful light.
on March 24, 2017
Nice , bright compact light . Haven't used the blood trailing light yet on actual blood , but it illuminates red colors in the dark very well !
on November 28, 2012
I just received this flashlight from Amazon. I ordered this flashlight because I am sick and tired of the many cheap LED flashlights that are on the market coming from China, and I have not been satisfied with flashlights that use AA batteries. The AA batteries just do not last long enough. This flashlight is very well made for being just under 30 dollars, and it has 3 C cells. The rubber grip is really nice as well. The only reason I did not give it five stars is because of the cheap, thin lanyard attached to the bottom, and it was made in China. The other nice feature it has are low/high settings, and it is rated to last 22 hours on high and a whopping 60 hours on low. The bulb is very bright and works just fine on the low setting. If it can last 60 hours, I'd give it a 5 star rating. I highly recommend considering this versus more expensive aluminum flashlights.
on June 14, 2013
I am a Product Engineer for an indoor/outdoor lighting manufacturer and have used Cree LED's in our product.
I originally purchased two flashlights for home use, one year ago.
Both flashlights had extensive use during hurricane Sandy with over 200 hours of indoor use and approximately 10 hours in the rain.
Both flashlights are very bright and are functioning perfectly.
After hurricane Sandy, I purchased three more for work and to give to friends.
I highly recommend this product for the quality and price.
on February 3, 2016
Those of you who say it doesn't work should try batteries with smaller + terminals. Due to an unbelievably foolish design flaw, only some c size batteries will fit into the front end and make contact with the bulb, others will not work at all.

Amazon touts numerous open box (returns) available, no doubt they have had many returns. I plan to return this light and look for one without the flaw.
on March 14, 2015
I owned this flashlight for about 3 years with no issue when a child borrowed it and picked the rubber off of the button. I loved the flashlight so much that I bought another one. I own numerous flashlights, including Maglights, Streamlights, Surefire, Cree, etc. This is at the top of the list for battery life, brightness, clarity, and solid construction. The rubber of the button seems to be the only weak point, but you would have to attack it/purposefully pick it out, it won't wear out by itself.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.