BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 12, 2016
I was new to straighteners before I got this bad boy. I found that this one was the best product at the best price and went for it. It is wide enough and handles my wavy hair well. I haven't burned myself with it yet and it's really easy to use. Great results, too!

Opening the box was a straightforward ordeal, the usual packaging of a cardboard box, some twist-ties, etc. Nothing remarkable or out of the ordinary. I do believe it was well packed as it arrived in perfect condition. There was no damage at all.

It was quite easy to get started straight away, just plug and play! I usually wait a couple minutes for it to heat up but I must say that it heats up fast, much more quickly than I expected.

While using it, I love the steam that it makes when I use it on wet hair! It's kind of fun to hear it hiss while it works. I have used it on dry hair but obviously the best effect comes from wet usage.

If you're new to straightening and not sure where to start, I'd go for this one. I'm very satisfied with it!
on March 25, 2013
I accidentally threw away (dont ask) the original Wet2Straight iron i had for years. I LOVED that thing. I ordered this one without hesitation because i had faith that it would work as good as the old one.. and i didnt want to have to research a million products or spend a ton of money.

I was not disappointed at all. This iron is great!! I actually thought i'd have a hard time adjusting to it because it was a different shape than the original, but I didnt. It leaves my hair super smooth, even better than the original. It's lighter so its easier to use especially because my hair it to my waist and it takes a lot of work to straighten. The best thing about this upgrade is the moved the on/off button to the inside, so i dont shut it off accidentally anymore when i'm doing my hair. I also find that this works better on my damp/wet hair than the original (which i only liked to use on dry hair) it leaves it super straight and no extra frizz from the vent steam like i found with the original. The vents on this one are wider and push the steam away from the hair faster/farther so there is no frizz issues.

I am thrilled with this purchase and the changes/improvements that Remmington made. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has the old one, or anyone who wants a cheap flat iron that works wonders.
on July 27, 2014
When i ordered this flat iron I asked for standard shipping and was not expecting it to get here for almost a week. It arrived at my house in 2 days! Very happy with that! I have VERY thick, long hair that is naturally wavy and it is also very frizzy, especially during summer. I was skeptical ordering this because i have not found a good flat iron that actually works for my hair and doesn't destroy it. I used multiple products after washing my hair such as frizz control and argon oil and also a heat protectant spray. It heat up very quickly, and i used it on the highest heat setting. I was very impressed even just with the bottom layer of my hair. It took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to straighten, partly because i have not straightened my hair in years, partly because i wanted it to be perfect haha. It did turn off after 1 hour like it says it will. I am very happy with how my hair turned out using this product, even if i have so far only used it one time. My hair is silky smooth, something it never used to be like with previous flat irons. My hair also feels very thin and not heavy at all like usual. I love this flat iron!
on August 22, 2016
This is my third wet 2 straight flat iron. This is my first with the soy infusion, and while I have always touted the benefits of the steam vs plain heat, the added benefit of the soy has made my hair like silk! These flat irons last forever and, honestly, I've invested in expensive brands like Chi, I always prefer my Remington in the end.
on May 29, 2014
Pros:
- low price
- Does dries hair very quickly. I use 15 setting (which is actually low, you can use 20-30 for wet hair) and i have long hair. It takes me about 10 mins to dry with this iron (but i still dry roots separately with the blow dryer, since it is a bit hard to do with the iron alone, plus it adds more volume)
- Does not seem to spoil your hair. I had mine for a year and a half, and i have blond bleached hair, and i didn't notice any deterioration/breakage. I am not sure whether it is soy hydra complex though or the fact that i dry the hair on a low temp
- Hair is super straight and shiny
- Heats very quickly - less than 30 sec
- Auto shutdown feature - don't have to worry about burning your apt down
Cons
- As with every iron, hair looks thinner when it is straight. This iron, since it makes hair much straighter than you would get by straightening dry hair, make them look even thinner. Def need to use some product to add volume, otherwise contrast between roots and hair does not look natural
on May 19, 2017
Fast shipping. This product is amazing. My girlfriend tried mine and wanted it so I bought a 2nd one for me so she could keep mine. I've had my 1st one for over 5 years. Before this one I had a 2" CHI Iron whick eventually stopped working after 1 year. I have long hair down to the lower part of my back.
on June 11, 2014
I have long hair, past my shoulders, it's very thick. My hair is dark brown and the bottom is processed (ombre - blondish).

Pros -

- Defrizzes my sometimes frizzy hair and split ends.
- Shines amazingly - no additional product required but heat protectant can be used.
- I used to blow dry and then straighten my hair -- what a pain. Now I just lightly blow dry my roots then straight to this.
- My hair feels lighter and soft.
- the 2" plate makes things go faster!!
- the price for the product is pretty damn awesome.

Cons -
- Can not bring this close enough to scalp without the steam burning it, thus making it difficult to dry at the root - I have to lightly blow dry the roots before using this product. There should be a steam guard that can be placed on one of the sides, so that when it comes out and it's close to the head, it can be deflected away from the skin/scalp.
- it does not dry my hair in one use. I have to go over each section of hair TWICE in order for it to get dry, but it's worth it.
- My processed ombre ends can still look a little fried/split after using this. If I curl it with a separate curling iron it looks fine, otherwise if I want it pin straight I have to add product afterwards. Also would be nice if this one had a little more rounded body so that I could easily give a gentle curl/curve to my ends instead.
on March 1, 2014
After I used this flat iron once, I stashed my blow dryer in the back of the linen closet. It's the perfect solution for winter and summer. The Wet 2 Straight iron does exactly what it says: it dries damp hair while straightening it. It works on barely damp hair just as well as on hair not long out of the shower. The controls are easy to see and use. With the dial turned to one of 30 settings, a light next to the on-off switch shines amber for use on dry hair and green when it reaches a setting hot enough for wet hair.
on February 16, 2014
So far I am very pleased with this straightener. I have used it on slightly damp and very damp hair, works best on the slightly damp hair. I wouldn't say that it really saves time as it takes several passes over damp hair to get it dry, but it is nice that I don't have to wait for my hair to air dry, or whip out the blow dryer to get ready now. I might try using the blow dryer on my roots, though, as it still leaves them a little wet and it's difficult to achieve that bit of volume at the roots that I like to get from the blow dryer.

For the price, you really can't beat this one. It does an excellent job, gets my hair pin straight and shiny, and the style seems to last until I wash it again. I should note that it has been cold in Florida this week (low humidity) so I'm curious to see how my style fares in the humidity once the state warms up again.

Heats up quickly (maybe a minute or two) and the adjustable dial is convenient. I tried curling a couple of chunks of hair with it out of curiosity, it worked and only took a few seconds to get a slight curl/wave to the strands or a curl at the ends.

My hair is very long and naturally wavy in spots (very poofy without product... think Hermione Granger from the first HP movie,) also it is relatively thin. I am not sure how well this would work on thick or curly hair, so I cannot speak to that.... but for me, this straightener is a great purchase!
on October 3, 2017
I love this little straightener. I ruined my first one in Europe -voltage problem- and ordered the exact same one because of the low price and how well it works for me! I have straight hair and use it to put a little bit of body and bendy curl in my hair.