Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 11, 2017
Purchased this at the end of September 2016 and it stopped working around January 2017. It's a terrible product. Don't waste your money.
31 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2017
I was going to return it but I was on vacation and time slipped ...It pinches your fingers in the back ...and it doesn't get work very good
27 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2016
I bought this for my friend who stays in India coz I love remington goods and I always used them. I have a straightner for my own too but this one never worked even after she used the correct voltage converter. After she plugs in, it starts to heat by blinking and suddenly it stops after 3 seconds. I can't even return coz it is in a different country now. I am very disappointed that I gifted this to her ☹️☹️
36 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2017
I go thru hair straighteners like they're going out of style, no joke. So when it comes time to buy one every time I find myself contemplating a cheap one or a $100 one.

I've had this straightener before, only the one with the larger plates. I loved it. It worked good and left my hair super smooth. Some straighteners pull out your hair or your hair gets stuck in the straightener as your straightening and this one isn't like that at all. It's exactly what I want when purchasing a hair straightener. It heats up quick and goes up to 450. You can lock it closed too which is awesome for storage and when it's heating up.

Well worth the $25. I always end up purchasing remington because they haven't done me wrong yet. Good quality and even better price. When you get it you'll be happy you didn't waste $100... this product does the trick
20 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2017
My last hair straightener was a Remington S-2004, it had some kind of fabric on the plates, worked great, left my hair super shiny, and lasted me for many years. I wanted to purchase the same model, but it wasn't available anymore so I thought I'd buy the same brand as a replacement. My hair is super fine and very long, and tends to get static easily. This can lead to damage if I don't use the right kind of hair tools, so I am very careful to pick items that state that they are anti-static, smoothing, or anti-frizz. Unfortunately, this newer S9520 model doesn't work very well on my hair; it would pull and grab at the tips (not badly, but enough that it didn't smooth the ends very well). I also noticed static in my hair after using it, so I'm returning for a refund. Pros: Heats up very quickly, easy to curl ends by flipping/twirling the iron at hair tips. Cons: Had to use a higher setting than normal (420`), it pulled a little at the tips of my hair, wasn't static free, hair was not shiny after using it. I ended up purchasing an Apalus fiberglass fabric straightener here on Amazon for $21, and a ProCabello nano fiber non-stick straightener also here on Amazon for $47.50. They both work much better on my hair type, lower heat setting (360`) for super straight hair, no pulling, and my hair is shiny after straightening, even at lower heat settings. For half the price, the Apalus is an awesome deal, has fabric on the plates like my old Remington S-2004 straightener, and works every bit as well as the more expensive ProCabello (which doesn't have fabric on the plates), I'm not sure if there is a quality difference that will become apparent long-term, but will probably keep them both and use the Apalus when I travel.
9 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2015
Let's start with the good: this Remington leaves my hair with quite a bit of body. Other 2" straighteners I have tried leave my hair completely flat and lifeless. It also heats up in a snap- usually under 30 seconds. I like the digital display and the fact that it beeps to let me know it's ready.

I have wavy, extremely thick locks that are down to the center of my back. I have been using the same 1" straightener for years but now that my hair is so long it has become quite the chore to straighten. I purchased this hoping to cut down my styling time, which it has.

Now for the bad: for some reason this tool makes my hair look and feel really greasy. I don't know if it has something to do with the "pearl infusion" or what. I was hoping that maybe it just needed a break-in period but I have used it probably ten times and it's not getting any better. It happens whether I use styling product or not and it's not my shampoo. I have never had this problem with any straightener before.

I will say that the results are actually quite nice once I use a spritz of dry shampoo to de-slick. I have mixed feelings since I'm saving a little time but having to add in the extra step.
7 people found this helpful
on February 11, 2017
I normally don't use flat irons or use anything hot in my hair but I thought I would try this after reading some reviews. I like it but it leaves a iron burnt smell in my hair on the lowest setting which I don't like and this keeps me from using it again. I do like how it presses my hair but I can't get pass the iron smell it leaves in my hair.
5 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2017
If I could give this thing fewer stars, I would.
I used it once--not bad for the price.
I tried to use it a second time to straighten just my bangs--Damn thing wouldn't stay on.
Third time, bangs again--It only stays on for a few seconds and doesn't even heat up anymore.

I tried 3 different outlets in my home; that wasn't the problem. I tried different temperature settings, and that didn't help, either. I even tried locking the temperature settings to see if that was why it kept turning off (like some kind of safety feature). Nothing worked. This thing is dead.

Of COURSE the Amazon return window has closed, so I can't even exchange it to give it another shot in case it was just defective.

It's like the manufacturer wanted me to believe it worked JUST long enough for me to not be able to return it once I realized what a piece of crap they'd sent me. Well played, Remington. Well played.

I am now stuck with a useless paperweight, and I am NOT happy.

I work hard for my money, as do most of us that are looking for styling tools on a budget. I trusted the reviews for this straightener, and I was let down. I may only be out twenty bucks, but I would have rather been out twenty bucks and up a working flat iron.

Lesson learned.

No more Remington for me.
One person found this helpful
on May 7, 2018
My college roommate used this hair straightener and every time we were going out I'd catch myself asking her if I could borrow it because I loved the way my hair came out using it. I purchased one for myself and also one as a gift for my sister because she too kept stealing mine! Heats up super fast and I also love how it turns off automatically itself after a while, which is useful! (I know I can't be the only girl who continuously questions herself if she turned off the hair straightener before leaving LOL).
2 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2016
With frizzy hair, flat irons are a part of life. I've had tons of irons and even spent well over a hundred on a single professional iron my stylists have worn by and this is the best I have ever come across, period. My hair is wavy, not quite to the very curly point it was when I was younger, but definitely not straight. I usually put tons of straightening product in and then flat iron for 15 minutes. This iron heats up in seconds with the special features. I don't put anything in my hair now and in five minutes I'm done for the entire day, almost no friz even when it gets humid out. If I know I'm going out for a night on the town or stuck a stuffy indoor event where I might get hot and sticky, I just pray a tad bit of Bumble and Bumble thickening spray and it's perfect all night.
I had to go and buy everyone in my family one since I love it so much! Even bought an extra one to keep at my desk at work in case I ever need a quick fix.
3 people found this helpful