Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on February 4, 2016
I picked this razor up a few years back to maybe replace my old Gillette Fusion razor. Plus I got a screaming deal of the razor and 3-4 extra packs of replacement heads. That ends the positives for this razor.

After a few uses it became apparent this razor is not built for the male face. The head is too bulky to shave the upper lip or anything but the smoothest of chins. While it works okay on the cheeks, it clogs easily and is difficult to clean. Heaven forbid if you have more than a 5'oclock shadow. I recently tried to shave a week's growth and it was clogged in 2 strokes. And no matter how much I tried, no joy in clearing it. The Fusion (with ProGlide blades) made mincemeat of my beard without clogging.

So Remington should rename these to Peon of Shaves. Or just stop making them. Its a waste of material.
on July 11, 2013
I bought this razor because it was great price as a deal of the day- Big mistake. I tried it for the first and last time tonight. First I took my shower softening up the hairs on my face, and after I lathered up the shaving cream as I got ready to try my new razor. I should tell you that I usually use a Mach 3, with pretty good results. On the first pull of the razor I immediately felt the blade pulling on the hairs. As I finished the first pull I noticed that it left more than 50% of the hair behind!! After rinsing the blade in the water I tried again. This time I was left with about 25% of the original amount of hair. Four times it took to get most of the hair. As I really began to pay attention to the blade and how it was working I noticed that the white bar below the blade cartridge (the "skin pre-tensioning beard bumper to help lift stubble during shaving, reducing the risk of nicks and cuts and providing a smoother shave") was removing all of the shaving cream before any of the blades could reach that area. Why did I bother putting on shaving cram in the first place? I also noticed that despite rinsing off the blades after every pull it was building up facial hair between the blades, and despite my best efforts I was completely unable to remove the hair from the blades, and there it will remain for all eternity. After all was said and done with that "King of Shaves" (which should read "King of S%#!ty Shaves") I had to borrow my wife's Gillette Venus razor to finish the job as the King of Shaves left giant patches of hair everywhere on my face. Now my face just hurts!!! Do your self a favor and do not buy this razor, no matter how good a deal and how well they market their product.
on November 11, 2014
I've been using this razor for a year or so now, and I love it. I don't nick my kneecaps or ankles anymore (I'm a woman), and the blades hold their edge relatively well. It's heavier than any other razor I've used, and it doesn't slip out of my hand like a cheap plastic disposable.

Edited to add: My razor one broke not long after I wrote this review, right where the blade snaps in. So I bought a replacement - and it did the exact same thing. The handle is nice and heavy, but the top is thin and cheap. I'll be replacing my razor again, but not with a Remington. I'll find something else to hold their blades.
on May 11, 2013
I purchased this razor because it was on sale for $15. That's a great deal to try a razor out, even if you're not so sure. I read the bad reviews as well as the good. Had my husband read them too and he was okay with the idea of experimenting to make it work.

WRONG! No matter what he did it just wasn't comfortable to hold, especially when he found the proper angle for optimal blade to skin contact. It was very awkward, all elbows cocked and what not, but at least we could laugh about it. He went back to his Schick Hydo 5 and I decided to use these up because shaving a leg is less treacherous than a face. They are also difficult to rinse, just like the reviews state, but the blades do last a very long time so there's the one star for ya. TIP: I rinse them in the high powered massage mode on the shower head.

I must admit that when I read the reviews where people moaned and groaned about changing the blade, I thought to myself "it CAN NOT be that hard!" When I got the razor and followed the directions and popped the blade on and off with relative ease (mind you, not as simple as the Schick system) I thought, "wow, people are impatient and possibly suffer from head injuries if they think that's hard" CUT TO...

One day I'm about to get into the shower and I think, this blade could use a changing, so I go to take the blade off and I can not even tell you the series of events that led up to twenty thousand cuts in my thumb and a ton of blood, but I can tell you it hurt like a mofo and it filled me with shame. :(

So, to sum up our experience: Weird, ouch! Not so worth it after all.
on February 19, 2013
I compare this product to the very best shave I've ever had from one of those fancy powered Fusion shavers, and this is every bit as good for a fraction of the price. I shave every day, and with my tough hair and sensitive skin I can barely go a week with a Fusion blade head before tossing it. With the Azor-5, I can go 2 weeks with a shave head, and then I only toss it because it seems like maybe it isn't quite as sharp but my face doesn't get sensitive. So maybe I can go longer. The real deal is in the refill blades, where I get 6 refills for the Azor-5 for about 2/3 the price of a 4-pack of the Fusion refills making each blade head 1/2 the price of the Fusion heads. Half the price, twice the life, four times the bargain, and my face loves me. Pair this with their King of Shaves gel and you won't be sorry.

Caveat: I know how to stretch and twist my face so that I can shave under my nose, but if I had Karl Malden's nose then I might have trouble with this under my nose. I'm fortunate to not be cursed with a grotesque bulbous probiscous.
on November 1, 2012
I've used and been satisfied with the Gillette Mach 3 razor since the last century. The Mach 3 is now in excess of $2 per blade. PRICE was the only reason I rolled the dice on this product. The Gold Box Deal brought these in under $1.00 per blade (including shipping and a razor handle).

There was a relatively large number of negative reviews, most seeming to point to what seem like adaptation problems: handle felt wrong, didn't shave well, hard to change the blade, and so on. To cut over 50% off of razor blade costs, I accepted the learning curve.

Now, two weeks later, I'm happy to report that the learning curve was short and the shave quality is excellent. I also changed a blade without difficulty. I am not certain that the Remington is any better than the Mach 3, but it's certainly no worse & feels more comfortable & SAVES MONEY!

Note that you can still get a pretty good deal on these via Remington King of Shaves 5-Blade Razor Kit with 15 Cartridges for $13.99 (93 cents/cartridge). The 6-cartridge pack Remington King of Shaves Azor 5 Men's Shaver Replacement Cartridges 6 count costs $9.99 ($1.67/cartridge).

All-in-all, I'm glad I bought TWO 15-cartridge items.

***UPDATE*** 11/8/2012

I think there may be a lesson to be learned here. Since posting a glowing review, I think I contributed to the tripling of this product's price. It is no longer a bargain at $39.99 -- $44.99. I might allow that the price is okay, but I'm not sure I'll pay full fare when my existing cartridges run out.
on December 5, 2012
I bought these during an amazon "Deal of the day". The price was right and I needed some new blades anyway. They arrived neatly packed and easy to open (like most things shipped from Amazon). I took out the razor and immediately noticed these rubber pieces on the sides of the very top just before the blade, these were obviously put there to help the razor move with the shape you are shaving. I found these to be too stiff and gave the whole feel of the razor to be very cheap. However, the handle on the razor feels great in the hand and has a nice weight to it.

Pros: Good feel and weight of the razor.
Blades that come with razor are much better than "dollar" razors and for the price really a great deal.
Easy packaging and quick shipping from Amazon via Woot.

Cons: While shaving the razors rubber pieces on the sides felt cheap and stiff.
Blades dont last very many shaves (I have to shave at least every other day and a blade will be 75% worn within a week and half).

Overall, I wouldn't be able to recommend this product, I just couldn't get over how uncomfortable the shave felt. Unless these go on sale again, I wouldn't buy them. I still feel my Gillette Fusion razor and blades are the best shaving tools you can buy.
on November 3, 2012
I was mixed when I read the reviews but getting tired of spending a ton of money on Gillette Pro Glides I decided I had to at the least give this Remington a try. For sure it's different unlike any other razor handle and it will take you a few shaves to figure out the angle that works best for you but once you do you will find that it's superior. They put some rubber grips on the handle but if your hands are soapy you do have to make sure you are gripping from the rubber part and not the shiny chrome. I don't have any trouble cleaning the razor as others have said. Also the Remington does not cause any irritation on my face where other razors do (every other razor I have used does including the Gillette Pro Glide). If you buy this and give it a chance your will not be disappointed but if you expect it to be like every other razor you have used in the past you will not like it. You have to have an open mind and be willing to try something different only then can you experience the superior design. The only thing I miss is the Gillette has the single trimmer blade and this is a nice touch. However I have found that it's possible to change the Remington's angle and get almost at close. For less than half the price of the Gillette's seriously buy this and give it an honest chance.
on December 14, 2016
Removed the razor from the included holder, used the razor once, tried to place the razor back into the holder and ended up knocking the blade off of the handle breaking the tiny piece that holds the blades on the handle rendering the handle useless. I now have blades that won't mount to the handle. Flexible head design sometimes makes it hard to get a close shave. Design does prevent cuts that occur from other razor designs.
on March 15, 2017
excellent shaver, I was given a few blades so bought the razor to use them Now it's my favorite one