Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
This book demonstrates the trustworthiness of the adage "A picture is worth a thousand words." I bought EvD's "Chariots of the Gods" in 1971 and still have my original copy. I also have every other book he has published during the interim in my research library. If you are an EvD fan this book will not disappoint. While the bulk of the content is photos, with much less copy than normal, this newest EvD book makes a compelling case to further augment the very real presence of an advanced alien influence in our remote human history. The photography is stunning. Add this book to your collection. Robert S. Thomas author of: Intelligent Intervention
Intelligent Intervention
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
In my opinion this is not Erich best book. It does however bring up some very good questions, identifies other writers and topics to explore, and some very interesting pictures. I am not disappointed I bought this book but am reluctant to recommend it for the "curious reader". It is good for those who want to expand their library in the mysteries of mankind's origins, but Erich and others have better books for those who are curious.
on January 5, 2014
Erich von Daniken started the Ancient astronaut theory with his first book Chariots of the Gods which impressed me as a boy. Even at a young age I found his expressed thoughts to be thoughts provoking. It is sad that far to many anthropologists and archeologists endeavor to conceal evidence that would contradict established thought. People owe it to themselves to take a long hard look at the evidence that has been left before our eyes by ancient engineering marvels. Who were these masters? Shouldn't we search for answers and examine all possibilities?
on October 28, 2015
Erich von Daniken has a way of making his readers 'believers'. I've kept an open mind regarding visitors from other locations in our universe. It is hard to believe that anyone, in view of innumerable cave art renditions, books, articles and accounts, can yet believe that we here on the planet Earth are the only ones capable of any intelligence. There is a great deal of evidence to support the fact that another, if not greater, intelligence exists and existed centuries ago, capable of constructing walls, statues and buildings, that we with our technology can still only dream of matching.
Transportation is but one of many mysteries to be solved. 'They' did it, but who are 'they' and where did 'they' come from? Fascinating!!
on July 13, 2017
A friend asked me the other day why I was obsessed with this history of our planet. All I could think to say was, Why aren't you? Thanks, Erich, for another fascinating read.
on January 17, 2015
Raises important questions on the origins of men and the foundations of ancient history revealing recently discovered geometrical facts about the Greek civilization that cannot be explained by mere coincidence but rather by modern methods of surveying. It also expands upon the thesis that the pyramids were built before the flood by engineers and architects with highly advanced knowledge that clearly surpassed the capabilities of the Egyptian civilization at the time of construction according to Egyptologists. A must read for those interested in the ancient-astronaut theory.
on January 20, 2014
ERICH von DANIKEN does it again!!! What's better than opening up your mind to the possibility of Alien Gods? When von DANIKEN's first book was published, the world couldn't see what He had written could possibly be the Truth. Now, in this day & time, with the Ancient Astronaut/Alien Theories, it seems that Erich hit the nail on the head!!! Keep 'e-mail comin Erich! Love your books!
on May 2, 2017
Loved it
on March 28, 2014
Erich Von Daniken is always at the upper end of the answer spectrum when it comes to questions like, "Who built the pyramids?" In his book "Remnants of the Gods," Van Daniken gives a lot of detail to support his thesis that everything interesting on planet Earth has been built by or for our alien forefathers. Here, Van Daniken takes us to what he calls "the stone age," and explains how primitive humans could not have selected, moved, properly dressed stones weighing many tons, but the aliens could and did. He starts with Malta and then takes us all over the world. The photographs could be better, but it's a book written by an imaginative, thinking everyman who stands academia on its head, and takes great pleasure in doing so. His analysis of the mysteries of the Giza pyramids is substantial and provocative. Whether our alien forefathers really came and did all this, or perhaps just the fact that ancient peoples seem so very connected to them, makes "Remnants of the God" a great and worthwhile read.
on February 27, 2017
The layout is very readable, and plenty of good photos. I like the book!