Remo Ambassador Coated Drum Head - 14 Inch
|You Save:||$9.51 (32%)|
- 14" diameter
- Medium-weight heads made with a coated single-ply 10-mil Mylar film
- Produce a warm open, bright, and resonant sound with a warm attack
- The standard of the industry for both live and recording situations
- Snare/tom batter and resonant
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The Ambassador Coated is the most popular drumhead in the world, featuring the perfect combination of warm, open tones with bright attack and controlled sustain. Constructed with 1-ply 10-mil Coated film, Ambassador Coated drumheads are the industry standard for all applications. Available in sizes 6" - 40".
- Ideal for Tom, Bass and Snare batter applications
- Available in sizes 6" - 40"
- 1-ply 10-mil Coated Film
- The worlds most popular 1-ply Coated drumhead
- Provides bright attack and controlled sustain
The Ambassador Clear drumhead features an open, bright and resonant sounds with plenty of attack. Constructed with 1-ply 10-mil Clear film, Ambassador Clear drumheads are used as batter heads and are the industry standard Tom resonant drumheads. Available in sizes 6" - 40".
- Ideal for Tom, Bass, batter and resonant applications
- Available in sizes 6" - 40"
- 1 ply 10-mil Clear film
- Most popular for Tom resonant head
- Provides bright, open tones with volume and clarity
For 60 years Remo has led the way in synthetic drumhead and shell development to enhance and expand the possibilities of percussion.
Remo D Belli was a percussion pioneer. In 1957, he invented the first successful synthetic Mylar drumheads, today’s industry standard. For over 60 years, Remo, Inc. has constantly and consistently broken new ground when it comes to industry firsts. Ultimately, when it comes to our expertise as a drumhead manufacturer, nothing can touch the technical and musical advantages that Remo Drumheads provide.
Anyone who has experienced a drum circle, jam or performance knows the transformative effect of rhythm. It moves, inspires and thrills. From street corners, parks, beaches, community centers, wellness centers, concerts and schools, drums are tools that connect us on a deep rhythmic level. Drumming is an interactive community tool that promotes wellbeing and life enhancement. At Remo, we are committed to ensuring that everyone has a chance to revel in this activity. Through our ongoing efforts, the professional, the enthusiast, the children, the elderly, the at-risk, and those with disabilities are brought the joy of drumming.
Compare with similar items
Remo Emperor Coated Drum Head - 14 Inch
Remo Emperor X Coated Snare Drum Head - 14 Inch
Evans Snare Drum Head (S14H30)
Remo Controlled Sound Coated Drum Head with Reverse Black Dot - 14 Inch
|Sold By||Chicago Music Exchange||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Chicago Music Exchange|
|Item Dimensions||14.80 x 14.70 x 0.80 inches||14.50 x 14.50 x 0.75 inches||14.80 x 14.70 x 0.90 inches||15.00 x 1.11 x 15.00 inches||14.80 x 14.70 x 0.80 inches|
|Item Weight||0.55 lbs||0.55 lbs||0.50 lbs||0.54 lbs||0.55 lbs|
Remo ba0112-00 coated Ambassador drum head, 12-inch.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The metal collar surrounding the outside perimeter is lighter, larger and deeper than other brands. In my experience this affects how the head seats around the bearing edge and within the rim. End result? More difficult to tune. Also it's a tone killer with more unmusical ring.
2. Some people love the classic glue cracking sound a new Remo head makes when tuning. In my experience this cracking causes the head to de-tune. It can take a week or two for a Remo head to adjust to the drum. Until then be prepared to re-tune mutiple times.
3. The underside of the head is slightly textured. This affects how the head grabs the bearing edge. In my experience, another tone killer.
4. The plastic film is different from other manufacturers. Difficult to explain but the end result is that it's more papery in feel and the overtones are not as musical.
Again, these are not bad heads. Not my cup of tea, but usable. I realize most ham-fisted players won't a care bit.
You can even put these on your toms, at the very least doubling your fun! And they're cheap enough that you can bang the crap out of them with little financial consequence if they split.
Remo's quality hasn't changed appreciably during the 15 years I've been playing, far as I can tell, so there's zero reason I can't recommend this skin. There might be some more boutique pieces, but why, unless you're doing super serious session stuff in the studio?
After a couple weeks of moderate playing, the coating had already started to come off in the center, which doesn't really bother me but I know some people don't like it.
Soon after I got this head, I bought an Evans UV1. The Ambassador is good, but the quality, durability, and sound of the UV1 far surpasses the Remo head.
Bottom line: All hail Evans as the greatest drum head makers in the universe try the UV1
Top reviews from other countries
Also these are great on toms and bass drums, a real all rounder.