Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Moon In My Room Remote Control Wall Décor Night Light
|Price:||$18.39 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$1.60 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Authentically detailed 3-D lunar landscape.
- Automatic or manual function shows 12 main phases of the moon.
- MP3 download code included provides a guided tour of the moon.
- Auto shut off
- Hangs on wall
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Authentic detail with realistic moonscape.
Enjoy the shining beauty of the moon right at home with Uncle Milton's Moon in My Room. This realistic moon model hangs on your wall and lights up to show the different phases of the moon. Recommended for children ages six and older, Moon in My Room lets you experience the awe-inspiring sight of our moon at any time.
Built-in Lights Showcase the Moon's Phases
Uncle Milton's Moon in My Room features rows of lights that glow softly behind the detailed lunar surface. The lights are specially arranged to mimic the phases of the moon, going from a new moon to full moon and all the phases in between. Teach your child about the solar system while watching Moon in My Room show off the moon's progression from dark to light.
Included Remote for Easy Control
Included with Moon in My Room is an infrared remote that lets you control your moon model from across the room. The remote features buttons to turn the lights on or off, trigger each progression of the moon's phases sequentially, or set it to slowly cycle through each phase automatically.
Downloadable Moon Tour
Each Moon in My Room comes with a download code on the instruction sheet. Using this code, you can download an audio tour of the moon from UncleMilton.com. A perfect learning opportunity, you can watch your Moon in My Room cycle through its phases while listening to an informative tour of the lunar landscape.
Auto Shutoff Saves Battery Life
After 30 minutes without interruption, Moon in My Room will automatically shut off to save battery power. This lets you fall asleep to the soft glow of the moon, while conserving battery power to make sure Moon in my Room can be enjoyed for a long time.
Our testers found Moon in My Room to be both detailed and well made. The textured, domed surface was quite realistic and glowed nicely in a dim room. The included remote seems to be the only way to control the Moon unit, so it's important not to misplace it. If you do, however, replacements can be found on the Uncle Milton website.
What's in the Box
Moon unit, remote control, and instruction manual.
Moon in My Room
At a Glance:
- Features authentic lunar landscape
- Glowing lights reenact the phases of the moon
- Includes infrared remote control
- Auto shutoff to preserve battery life
- Easy to hang on a wall
- Six years and up
- Four AA batteries (not included)
- Two AAA batteries (not included)
- small Philips screwdriver
Top customer reviews
this product is probably more suitable for children.
It's plastic, and seems fairly well made, but there are a number of downfalls.
1) Requires 4 AA and 2 AAA batteries. 2 different kinds of batteries, really??? Also, you need a mini screwdriver to change the batteries, and it eats them, fast. In this day of LED lighting, you'd think you could get something brighter that takes less power. Maybe not. Turns off automatically after 30 minutes. Also, NO AC option at all. So if you want to use it as a night light or mood light, forget it.
2) Though the plastic molded moon looks ok with the lights off, when the lights are on, it doesn't really glow the way I'd like it to. You can see the individual lights (sources) inside of it. Kind of kills the illusion. Needs a softer, more diffused glow. Fading from phase to phase is not at all natural looking either.
Luckily, I got this on sale cheap enough that I don't feel bad taking it apart to make my own modified moon lamp. Which might be fun after all, but not what I intended when purchasing this item.
It seems to burn through batteries pretty quickly. My girls want it on every night, but it still seems like it should last more than about 1-2 months on a new set of batteries. Docking 1 star for being a power hog.