Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on May 17, 2012
I have been searching for a replacement hot metal teeth comb curling iron for 15 years. I was amazed Amazon offered one after my long search. This iron works well and does not burn my hair as straight irons do. I am very pleased with this product and very happy it could be found on Amazon. It arrived as estimated in very good packaging the seller did great. Thanks again Amazon for carrying this product.
on April 13, 2010
I have been a hairdresser for 40 years and have used this product for alot of those years and still do. I buy 2 at a time in case something should happen to one.
And keep one in an overnight bag for trips. All the teeth are heated which gives you a nice uniform curl. Just be careful and not set it down on your head, just like you would a regular curling iron. I can't say enough about this iron it is wonderful. I highly recommend it.
on August 25, 2012
Renac ( New Name Stylenac ) Hot Electric Hair Styling Brush Iron * "New 10 Rows Of Metal Teeth"I was leary about purchasing the Renac replacement after using the original Renac curling brush for over 30 years. Because I loved my Renac so much, I took a chance and ordered the Stylenac replacement, realizing many long-time users like myself were not pleased. I tightened all screws as soon as I received the product since several reviewers had complained about it falling about. So far I'm very pleased with the replacement curling brush. My only complaint, I'm not fond of pink, so I preferred the original orange color :)
on February 29, 2012
Used renac for years and years. Each brush lasted 2-3 years each. this one wobbled as soon as it came
out of the box and the screws came out within a week. The brush was hot enough. It seared my hand as it fell apart. Shame on Renac for selling out to Chinese workmanship and lowering its quality while keeping the price the same. You have shown your true colors.
on May 23, 2012
I am very disappointed in this product. I purchased one last August and in less than 1 year had to purchase another one. The cord on the styling brush get twisted and once you begin to untwist it, it starts to lose the connection and ultimately stops working. Not really sure why this can't be fixed, surely the same type of cord could be used that are used on telephone cords. I prefer the "original" Renac, which apparently I cannot order anymore. Please fix the cord and I am sure that once the one I have malfunctions, I will buy another one.
on April 25, 2010
I have used the renac hot comb for more than 20 years and have liked it very much. It is a bit fragile and I have
sometimes dropped it after getting tangled in the long cord. This then has compromised the function of the
comb. When that happened, I just ordered another one and paid the price. I am sorry to see that the company has been sold to some other entity. This frequently heralds a change in the product. I am hoping that will not be the case. It
is a slightly different color and does not seem to heat up quite as fast. I will hope for the best. If it does not
measure up, I will be looking for something else.
on May 22, 2010
I have used the Renac for years and loved it. I was no longer able to buy it at the beauty supply, so I ordered on line. It was changed to stylenac, which I was not aware of when I ordered. This looks like the same curling iron, except for the color, but it does not heat enough to curl my hair. I can hold it on my hair for 5 minutes and it barely gets warm. I liked the old one because it was hot and would curl my hair fast. This one heats like a cheap curling iron in the discount stores. The heating element is not the same.
on October 21, 2011
I have used and love my renac for years - the new ones don't seem to heat and hold up as well as the old ones - I used to make one last a good 2-3 years and now if I get a year out of one I am lucky - the new one I have is already not heating properly.
on August 28, 2012
I've used this product for at least 25 years and it's not made as well as it used to be. When I first starting using it I could get at least 3 years out of it but now I'm lucky to get 6 months. The cord doesn't swivel properly and it causes the wiring to short out and the power goes on and off and the heating element doesn't hold onto the heat. I will continue to buy them, but I wish they could do something about the wiring in the cord.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
I have used the Renac for many years and was completely happy and dependent on it. This new product, the Stylenac, does not seem to heat up as hot as the prior product. The specs read the same but I don't think they are. It still works just okay but I definitely need the heat to style my hair. I'm just a little disappointed. Why do companies have to change an already good thing? The new color is cool but I wouldn't change it for the heat. Please return to the former product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.