Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Extra Care Probiotic 200 Billion (Formerly Super Critical), 7 counts
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 193 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 8, 2013
I was on antibiotics, 10 days of Amoxicillin, 5 days Z-pack, then a few days of Clindamycin (hurt my stomach really badly so I stopped early) After all this my stomach felt like it was all messed up, lots of crampy pain, couldn't eat anything without getting heartburn (not even crackers) just awful! Bought this and it's like night and day. I feel so much better! Totally healed!
on November 18, 2012
I ordered this after taking a round of antibiotics. I've read that it can take up to 9 months to re-build your good gut bacteria after taking antibiotics and with the cold and flu season in full swing, I wanted to get a jump start on that.

Although I can see why people would be concerned about the product being shipped while not refrigerated, the company's website states: "Renew Life probiotics are able to withstand short‐term temperature spikes. For example, the stability of two key strains (Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium) was tested under high heat (up to 122°F) for 5 consecutive days with excellent stability even at 122°F. These testing conditions were designed to be much more extreme than actual shipping conditions, which may reach high temperatures during the day, and lower temperatures during the night for only 3‐4 days. The testing conditions were at high temperatures for 7 consecutive days/nights." It sounds like the product will be just fine if shipped.

Others have also complained about the taste. Although this really comes down to personal preference, to me there is no bad taste at all. In fact, mixed with a cup of orange juice, I didn't taste anything. Considering the product is not flavored and that you are drinking/eating a packet of 100% probiotic, you really can't expect it to taste like something it isn't.

I'm on day 2 of the 7 day program and so far no negative side effects; just a feeling of stable digestion.

When this program is done, I plan to follow up with a daily 100 billion CFU product.
on April 10, 2013
I bought these probiotics in hopes of curing a very bad vaginal yeast infection, and boy am I glad I did! I mixed the probiotic powder with unsweetened organic almond milk before bed so I would sleep through any stomach discomfort caused by die off (I suffer from a very sensitive GI tract and have IBS). After the 1st dose the itching and swelling decreased substantially, after the 2nd dose the swelling dissapeared, and after the 3rd dose the infection was gone all together. I will be purchasing this again!
on January 29, 2013
I have struggled for years with candida overgrowth (stool test confirmed recently along with parasites and bacteria in my intestines) a compromised gut can throw the whole body off. My issues manifest as cognitive/psychological problems, ie depression, anxiety. Also, fatigue.

Anyway, I am in an intensive treatment to balance my gut. Part of that entails using antibiotics to kill off the bad bacteria and parasites. U fortune lay, when you use antibiotics, they also kill the good bacteria and make candida thrive!

To combat this I am drinking goat milk kefir, kevita ( a probiotic drink) and taking this Ultra critical care probiotic formula. So far, my tummy is not acting up and my candida is kept to a manageable roar.
1111 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2016
Shipped without an ice pack and without any visible warning to refrigerate immediately. Usually things like this come with a separate letter with large caps notice. Besides, the powder in some of the packs had solidified in a brick, which was hard to dissolve. And I feel no effects. Compete waste of money
review image
on July 2, 2016
I love this product but question this seller. Normally this product works amazingly with my system. It solves digestive problems and constipation. But I think this seller sells old product. The last three orders had one to three of the packets completely fused. Most were like a hard block and not usable. Today one of the little packets had something in it that looked like a caramel candy only not soft. It was a dark amber, which is not the color of the powder that supposed to be in the packet. I am going to look for a different seller because I still want this product.
on April 17, 2013
Excellent product. Relieves digestive ailments. I used it to jump start my regimen of probiotics. I have unexplained digestive ailments: flatulence, nausea, bloating -- every day, all the time, after every meal. This product soothed some of the immediate concerns (flatulence and nausea). My follow-up was to take 50bilion ultimate flora upon completing this regimen.
on March 15, 2015
Lifesaver! I can't t tell you how much this helps me manage my daily life. Takes away all bloating and has and dizziness. It's kinda pricey but I use it everyday. Religiously. It took away my anxiety also! Think I'm crazy? Google "probiotics and anxiety" it works!
on March 31, 2013
I was getting higher and higher white blood cell counts on my checkups at the doctors and was becoming concerned. The doctor told me if it remained high I would have to have more tests which I wasn't looking forward to. So I started taking this product two weeks before my last blood test and my white blood cell count was brought back down to almost within the normal range again. I also had some skin issues that are also clearing up. I'm not sure if I have "leaky gut" but I must have needed a probiotic because I am doing so much better. I will continue using this product followed by the Ultimate Flora "50 Billion" product to keep my body happy. I also noticed other improvements in my digestion and elimination that I feel are directly linked to taking this probiotic! I will stay on this probiotic because for me it is really working.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2015
it states on the box that the product need to keep cool under 41 degree. However, it is shipped under normal summer heat weather without ice pack. I don't know how many bugs got kill and how effective it is left. I used to get these at the market in the freezer in California. Since I moved i though amazon will be the good alternative, but it is deliver in normal hot weather without ice pack or keep in the cold as directed on the box.